Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

Go down 
+26
Ryuuji
Ken Kurobasa
XenonFrost
TKMT
Ataraxia
Jojozityjo
Crystalis
kama
Samochan
A Drunk Ninja
th8827
Tomderdepp
dcj91x
Antari18
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Baumgart5
X Kitsune X
Shindouz
PAiN---
InstaCakes
Raptor98
yvz
Firpi
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
E&Troy
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:57 am

Firpi wrote:
Can someone tell me what HR you need to be before you can do High Rank Guild quests? I cant find that info anywhere.

I am HR5 right now and 10 Quest lvl Village. Got a level 31 Kirin I want to farm but cant touch it.

It should say the requirement right on the Guild Quest itself.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 am

Crystalis wrote:
Firpi wrote:
Can someone tell me what HR you need to be before you can do High Rank Guild quests? I cant find that info anywhere.

I am HR5 right now and 10 Quest lvl Village. Got a level 31 Kirin I want to farm but cant touch it.

It should say the requirement right on the Guild Quest itself.

ohh.,.... well... i feel like a total...

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Tumblr_maf4hqmlLt1rg3okro1_500

and the requirement went rom Anyone can do Low Rank to HR8.... fml.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 3:50 pm

th8827 wrote:
More ideas.

Did your friend upgrade the defense of her armor with Armor Spheres as far as it goes?

Is your friend's armor proper level for the monsters you are fighting? Is she using "early game" HR armor, such as Jaggi S or Velocidrome S armor, for "late game" HR monsters, such as Stygian Zinogre or Brachydios? (Switch out the letters/rank for whatever rank you are at).

Or, even worse, is she wearing Low Rank armor for High Rank quests, or High Rank armor for G Rank quests. (Probably not, but it never hurts to ask) I got instantly murdered by a G Rank Deviljho that randomly appeared in a Expedition while wearing heavily upgraded Tigrex U armor, so I can say that armor rank is important, if only because the higher base defense means a higher max defense.

Finally, are you fighting Brachydios, or another monster that gives Blastblight, like Molten Tigrex, Teostra, or a Congalala that ate a fire item? Getting hit when Blastblighted does disproportionally massive damage compared to getting hit when not Blastblighted.

im not sure what rank of the armor should matter if you got it upgraded to be as good as high rank armor or even g rank, cause ive been using low rank nargacuga armor throughout high rank, just upgraded it up to have high rank armor stats.

but yes, she uses armor spheres to upgrade them as much as possible, she did have low rank mix match set but we got her high rank tigrex with .. chrome something waist and boots for torso up and upgraded as much as she can, she has almost 300 def

she does get 1 shot the most on brachy, but im not sure how, i get hit with the same goop bombs and i take it pretty fine usually, but her ,she gets caught in the lil goops and it tears her a new one
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Spoiler:

One thing I notices with Dios was when i changed armor to Garuga i got a fire def of 15. all of a sudden Dios was doing a WHOOLE lot less dam. Before that it was ones hotting me too.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Can I only get Large Elder Dragon Bones after/during G3?

EDIT- I definitively haven't actually tried confirming this, but I at least feel as though slime attacks deal fire damage. At least to some degree. Just like Firpi said above.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:09 am

Slime explosions deal Explosion damage, which ignores defense... If I remember correctly.

The top tier armor from the previous tier is about equivalent to low tier armor for the current tier.

I upgraded some armor to check the numbers, and Low Rank Tigrex Armor when upgraded to max Hard Armor Spheres is equal to High Rank Kecha Armor. At max Adv Armor spheres, the HR Kecha armor is actually better. As such, mid-to-high range armor will give you much better defense than low rank armor.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

I am using the GS again this time around and wan some input on the ones I should be aiming for. I already did some checking and it looks like the Cera Cemmetry and the seregios one are the main ones being suggested, then a relic weapon after that if you get lucky. Are there any other great swords of note that I should look into getting?
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
th8827 wrote:
More ideas.

Did your friend upgrade the defense of her armor with Armor Spheres as far as it goes?

Is your friend's armor proper level for the monsters you are fighting? Is she using "early game" HR armor, such as Jaggi S or Velocidrome S armor, for "late game" HR monsters, such as Stygian Zinogre or Brachydios? (Switch out the letters/rank for whatever rank you are at).

Or, even worse, is she wearing Low Rank armor for High Rank quests, or High Rank armor for G Rank quests. (Probably not, but it never hurts to ask) I got instantly murdered by a G Rank Deviljho that randomly appeared in a Expedition while wearing heavily upgraded Tigrex U armor, so I can say that armor rank is important, if only because the higher base defense means a higher max defense.

Finally, are you fighting Brachydios, or another monster that gives Blastblight, like Molten Tigrex, Teostra, or a Congalala that ate a fire item? Getting hit when Blastblighted does disproportionally massive damage compared to getting hit when not Blastblighted.

im not sure what rank of the armor should matter if you got it upgraded to be as good as high rank armor or even g rank, cause ive been using low rank nargacuga armor throughout high rank, just upgraded it up to have high rank armor stats.

but yes, she uses armor spheres to upgrade them as much as possible, she did have low rank mix match set but we got her high rank tigrex with .. chrome something waist and boots for torso up and upgraded as much as she can, she has almost 300 def

she does get 1 shot the most on brachy, but im not sure how, i get hit with the same goop bombs and i take it pretty fine usually, but her ,she gets caught in the lil goops and it tears her a new one

Well 300 defence should be good for any high rank encounter sans those of hr8. I had to upgrade my armor set to 450ish defence when fightning against fatalis. Small slime bombs from brachydios shouldn't be able to kill anyone from full hp. There is one thing we haven't covered however...

Does she eat food that gives more hp? The less people you got in your gathering hall, the shittier food you get. If she's actually running around with only 100 max hp while everyone else has 150, that might be the reason.

Or she could be just getting hit by attacks that deal a lot more damage than usual, such as brachy long jump pound ground attack, it hurts quite a lot.

Does she also remember to roll off the blastblight debuff she gets when getting hit by goop or anything? That explodes on its own as well if she doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 am

If you are affected by blastblight, and get hit, it will do double the normal damage of a blastblight hit. with High-Rank armor, that is almost a guaranteed ohko. Specially true if you are not at full (150) health.

Edit: Cera Symmetry is the best non-G3-Relic Greatsword out there. Now, if you get to fight an apex monster in the guild quests and it drops a good damage rusted weapon, you are in the minority that will switch out of Cera at end game.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 am

Mind you I am not G Rank and almost never am, so my opinion is exactly that.
The Ravager Blade line has Decent ATK, Affinity, 3 slots, and bonus Def. A great all arounder in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:56 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
I am using the GS again this time around and wan some input on the ones I should be aiming for. I already did some checking and it looks like the Cera Cemmetry and the seregios one are the main ones being suggested, then a relic weapon after that if you get lucky. Are there any other great swords of note that I should look into getting?

As far as end-game GSs though, that's the lot, you won't need anything else. For high rank there are a bunch of solid ones to use, Plessy Lullaby for one, Khezu Shock Blade is pretty nice as well, though those are just from my personal experience because no one really cares about HR/LR
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
...because no one really cares about HR/LR
I care! :-P My objective is not the "destination" (G-Rank max), but the process. Forgive me if some kids are reading, but its not the "climax", but the actions that get you there. I have been having TONS of fun doing LR and HR as they become available, and I soloed into G rank, only cause I wanted the challenge brought by the beasties along the way.

In any case: Anyone have a GS G-Rank Guild Quest they would like to share with me... preferably with something easy to kill, like Basarios, or Gravios. I am trying to get a high-Raw/Sleep GS.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Don't get me wrong, I care too, I'm still high rank myself after getting the game on (or shortly after) release day (canne remember)

Slow road is best road.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:58 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:

I'm long time GS user and lover.

Unfortunately there're only few GS worth making in 4U.

1. Cera Cymmetry (best all around GS, great purple, acceptable -affinity, 1 slot)
2. Rogue Sedition (seregios GS, 1 slot, unique gimmick - you'll never lose purple, no need for razor sharp + natural purple sharpness means you can fit more buffing skills like Attack up, Weakness Exploit etc. Also no need for sharpness+1 is great).
3. Ukanlos Skycleaver (enormous raw locked only by white sharpness, which isn't that big of a deal considering how much raw does it have, works great on Rajang, -30 affinity + no slots)

I also love:

4. Teostra del Sol (Teostra GS, blast, looks amazing, huge purple, only downside - raw which is why is overshadowed by above, also no slots...).
5. Grand Shamshir (Chameleos GS, huge poison, OK raw, terrible purple, 3 slots! Also looks amazing if you ask me, love the design!).

That will be all for craftable GS. Relic GS goes up to 1728 raw and -10 affinity so if you're insanely lucky you can have better weapon that those listed above. I've been doing GS Guild Quests since release and still haven't got even one 1728, so yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:

As far as end-game GSs though, that's the lot, you won't need anything else. For high rank there are a bunch of solid ones to use, Plessy Lullaby for one, Khezu Shock Blade is pretty nice as well, though those are just from my personal experience because no one really cares about HR/LR

I've found that you can still get some pretty good Greatswords from guild quests in high rank, and probably low rank too. I managed to get a great sword with over 1000 raw damage plus a good amount of blue sharpness from a high rank guild quest. So it goes to show that guild quest weapons can be better at almost any rank if you get lucky enough (Most of the luck comes from finding the right quest, not actually completing one and seeing what you get.).
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:21 pm

You know. Ive though about it, Ive never hit G rank. MH on PSX I got way after the fact, went MHFU on PSP I was not able to solo the Urgent since you needed a PS3 to connect to others.
Tri did not have G rank and 3U I was not able to Solo the Urgent Either since you needed a WiiU to connect to others.
Yet I still pump HUNDREDS of hours into these games just cause i love them.

4U may just be the first Monster Hunter I hit G Rank on.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 4:01 pm

i am a vet, which is how this confusing me, cause ive ran the numbers and put her through test scenarios too and she is just getting one shot where i take it just fine,we especially tested on brachy since it was where it was happening the most.

She had like, almost 300 def, me the same, her with more fire res than me, both with food buffs to get that 150 health, yet she'd get one shot randomly, like, the lil goop explosions were like a gamble, sometimes she'd survive, but sometimes it'd just up and kill her from full health, like it was some kind of glitch or lag or something, idk. And this was her with high rank tiggy chest, gloves, high rank ian helm, and chrome skirt and legs, me with the LR nargacuga.

She stopped getting one shot today, after having farmed more armor spheres and upgraded her armor to have even more def, bumping it up to almost 350, me at about 321 with my narga upgraded to reach the Heavy Spheres levels, and she still took more dmg than me from most atks lol

however i didnt know that blast blight made you take more dmg from atks if you have it on, that might have been a cause, ive never dealt with blast blight until 4u

on another note, i think LR armor can do just fine getting you through high rank, ive used my low rank narga armor through all of it, just upgraded it to heavy sphere levels to get just past 321 near the end of it, before all the elder dragons, and that def is just to push me through high rank lol
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 4:15 pm

iirc fire res doesn't help with Brachydios explosions.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Can someone explain to me how to interpret the elemental defense numbers, both on me and on enemies. I know that + is good, and - is bad on armor, and a bigger number is better when matching up elements for monsters, but not to what degree it makes a difference. I just want this clarified, in case I am misinterpreting the numbers.

Does a +5 on my armor mean that it takes off 5% damage from fire attacks, and a -5 means it adds 5% (for example)? Or something else.

Looking at kiranico, each monster part has a number for each element. Does a monster part with a Fire Stat of 20 mean that it takes 20% of the fire element stat of my weapon as extra damage? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Can't help you with the armor part, but you're spot on with the damaging monsters part.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 pm

On a monster, the number represents how weak it is to that particular element.

For raw damage, 45 is the cut off point between when a green sharpness weapon will bounce off or hit. And it is considered a "weak spot" for raw damage. The higher the number, the better.

For elemental damage, 0 means that it will take little to no damage from that elemental type on that spot. (The damage that is inflicted will be the raw component, not the elemental, even on shots.) from elemental 5-15, it is slightly weak to that element on that spot, 20-30 it is weak, and anything above 35 is very weak to that element.

On resistance armor, the higher the number, the more defense you have vs that particular element.

At 10+ you gain the ability to decrease the strength and duration of the "blight" associated with that element (Burn, for fire, waterlogged for water ect.), and at 20+ you become immune to blights associated with that element.

If you can get 30+ resistance on a particular element, the elemental damage portion of that attack is reduced by 75% of what you would have taken if you were at 0 resistance. You get no benefit for anything above 30. Think of 30 as having permanent divine protection for that element.

Blast-blight is not an elemental attack, but instead a "status", just like poison, sleep, paralasys or stun. Only way to not get blastblight is to either have Biology +10 or higher (Bio-Researcher skill), or Blight Res +10 (Negates all blights). If you have blast blight on you, it will do 25% health damage +25% red bar once it goes off. If a monster hits you while you have a blast-blight on you, you will take the full 50% health damage + whatever damage the monster was going to do on you on that hit. If it was brachy with a pound (which also applies blight), you get a double dose of pain with a total of 100+ damage (depending on if it was angry, frenzied, apex ect.) Which, since blast blight doesn't have a resistance, could mean a ohko for anyone who doesn't have 150 Health.... or a ohko if you have an enraged apex monster doing the their Blast infused move.

A little FYI: Blocking while with a blast blight on you, will still blow you up if the monster hits you. Fighting a blast infused monster... then learn to evade and or use evasion +1,2,3 or extender.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 am

Anyone knows how to get a cat with skill "sleepyfish catcher"? I need mass amounts of sleepyfish for stat gunning Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Hire lots of cats and hope that they have the skill?

...Although, looking at my Felyne list, I don't see a single one with the skill, and my list is at max.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Have you checked some of the vendors? They sometimes carry fish and other goodies. Might be the quickest way to get a large amount of these.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 am

Do you get break rewards if you finish by Subquest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next