Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Noob "avoidance" help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Takeshiren
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Noob "avoidance" help!   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 am

Hi all,

This isn't my first MH game just to clarify, but I am by no means a "skilled" hunter, I beat the offline quests get to high rank and don't really progress much further becasue I usually stop or can't do it.

I just want some general hunting advice as well as weapon advice, I currently am really enjoying the Insect Glaive, and my all time love Hammer, but are there any weapons you guys recommend me to use? Obviously I know it's choice and stuff.

Also I am looking to avoid being a "noob" online when I hit HR/G Rank, what tips/armour crafting do you guys have to advise?

I just really want some noob avoidance tips for when I get there, I'm currently storming through offline ranks like no mans business but I understand that these get SOOO much harder.

Any help?

Thanks,

Take
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums


Thank you Points : 21

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 am

Very well done topic post.

I am currently using the Charge Blade as a main, in 3U it was bow, in tri GS.. But have gone through just about every weapon in one MH game or another starting with the first game. With weapons it is really up to what you like and feel the most comfortable with. One of the things I like about 4U though is that all the 1 Quest lvl village quests give you a chance to go through each weapon and learn them. I would really sugest trying those if you haven't already just to see some of the changes in each weapon type and figure out what you like.

As far as online there are many here that would be willing to play and help you out. A great thing about this community is that we have players of all kinds and for the most part they are all respectfull and encourage hunting together.

When online one of the main things is to be courties and polite. Remember that the person who creats the room your in takes lead in choosing fights. Never take more than your share from the supply box. Don't attack when someone on a monsters back. Be part of the quest and not off doing your own thing. "HEAL" if you need to heal do so even if it means leaving the area, getting carted is ok but it shouldn't be made a habit of. Read the rooms before joining, make sure it's something you are willing to do... There are many other things but I think that's good for now.

One last thing though: "Always be kind even when others aren't and more than anything... HAVE FUN!"
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Takeshiren
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

@MHWF wrote:
Very well done topic post.

I am currently using the Charge Blade as a main, in 3U it was bow, in tri GS.. But have gone through just about every weapon in one MH game or another starting with the first game. With weapons it is really up to what you like and feel the most comfortable with. One of the things I like about 4U though is that all the 1 Quest lvl village quests give you a chance to go through each weapon and learn them. I would really sugest trying those if you haven't already just to see some of the changes in each weapon type and figure out what you like.

As far as online there are many here that would be willing to play and help you out. A great thing about this community is that we have players of all kinds and for the most part they are all respectfull and encourage hunting together.

When online one of the main things is to be courties and polite. Remember that the person who creats the room your in takes lead in choosing fights. Never take more than your share from the supply box. Don't attack when someone on a monsters back. Be part of the quest and not off doing your own thing. "HEAL" if you need to heal do so even if it means leaving the area, getting carted is ok but it shouldn't be made a habit of. Read the rooms before joining, make sure it's something you are willing to do... There are many other things but I think that's good for now.

One last thing though: "Always be kind even when others aren't and more than anything... HAVE FUN!"

Appreicaite the help! Really do, I've been playing since Freedom and then I mained a SnS, then I moved to GS in FU, then to a Hammer in Tri and 3U and now I'm playing Insect Glaive (cause I like the buff thingy) and also still Hammer. I am enjoying both these weapons just not always sure they are wanted/needed!

I really am enjoying the game I just don't want to enjoy and then come out making others not enjoy my company if that makes sense? I wanna quest G rank and make some impact rather than being a wet fish.

But thank you for the advice, I'm sure it'll help for the online! :D
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 30

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Main thing to not be a bother online, is to just overall know your weapon, and know not to trip up partners just to get your hits in.

Main thing that makes me want to quit a room in rage is when a person trips up my Greatsword charge because they want to do their "pellet" shot, their Axe circle, or other random super low damage move. (1 fully charged greatsword hit, with crit draw = 20+ pellet shots, or half hour of the axe circle! *Exageration, but still*)

Being that you are asking for advice, I do not see you at all as a noob, since their belief of knowing everything is what gets them where they are.

Keep at it! You will do great!
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums


Thank you Points : 21

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:30 pm

As seph said.. the tripping of others is what annoys more people overall. With the bug stick this can happen as well. As it seems weapons are more likely to trip others in 4u than in past games. As long as you know what attack to use and when there's usually no problem. The bug stick is a good weapon and pretty strong enough and since it is a weapon used for mounting as well.. be sure not to mount unless everyone is ready for you to.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 pm

This doesn't have to do with your skill, but...

I've personally found that some of the people I like playing with the most are ones that talk, have a sense of humor and are chill about everything.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:19 pm

@Sephastus wrote:

Main thing that makes me want to quit a room in rage is when a person trips up my Greatsword charge because they want to do their "pellet" shot, their Axe circle, or other random super low damage move.
How are you tripping by such light moves?
As far as I know, the only way to stop a greatsword is to send him flying with: Lance Charge, Switch Axe/Charge Blade upswing in axe mode, Sword and shield shield bash, great sword up swing, etc.

If you're tripping by pellet shots or the like, you must not be charging. Or attacking. They must catch you before even drawing your weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 30

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

@TKMT wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:

Main thing that makes me want to quit a room in rage is when a person trips up my Greatsword charge because they want to do their "pellet" shot, their Axe circle, or other random super low damage move.
How are you tripping by such light moves?
As far as I know, the only way to stop a greatsword is to send him flying with: Lance Charge, Switch Axe/Charge Blade upswing in axe mode, Sword and shield shield bash, great sword up swing, etc.

If you're tripping by pellet shots or the like, you must not be charging. Or attacking. They must catch you before even drawing your weapon.
Yes. My point is that they are not being conciderate. Pellet spam means I CANT get in to the monster to do my attacks.

I always charge my GS unless it is unhealthy to do so.
Back to top Go down
Jakdaw
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 1564-5219-5741
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Speaking as a fellow "noob" (in that I haven't done much online play until MH4U), I agreed with above posts, and applaud you efforts in trying to not be one!

Three things that I found really helped me in what little time I've teamed up with people:

1) Never assume your gear will compensate for a lack of skill.  And speak up if you don't know something!  I've seen several a good hunting party fall apart because of one person whom obviously don't know right from left.  Shoot, I've been that guy in previous games.  I remember my first run at the Jhen Mohran... I thought I was a god in Offline, but once I realized that I had no clue how to operate the dragonship's defenses... it was ugly.

I've been amused to find that the 2-Star Gathering Hall Urgent (Involving the Gore Magala) has been a great "stupid check"; if someone isn't doing their part, it becomes quickly apparent when the Gore runs over their face.
TeeHee

2) If you can't beat it offline, be careful about engaging it in multiplayer.  I've always found this to be a good indicator of my personal skill level, and while others may disagree, it seems like a safe measure for low-ranked hunters.  Unless you're just having issues with damage, stay away from those "tough" monsters.  If they can beat you on your own, then they'll just beat you online (and your whole party with you!)

3) If you don't feel confident with your current weapon, learn the Sword & Shield.  "Know your weapon" is a given, but it's easier said than done.  S&S is simple it terms of movement, has a small hit box, sports a block, and lets you drink potions faster than any other weapon.  And, yes, it does have lower Attack, but if you're getting hits in, it's still good damage! All in all, it's one of the least disruptive weapon types to your Hunting Party (even above the Lance, IMO).  I still fall back to a S&S anytime I feel like I'm slacking.



I hope these tips are as helpful to you are they are me!  =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Noob "avoidance" help!   Today at 7:35 am

Back to top Go down
 
Noob "avoidance" help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MacBook Noob
» The Help a Noob Foundation.
» Becoming a noob all over
» Absolute NOOB to Horde!
» Noob here

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: