Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

This thread is in response to a player being unaware that Multiple Monster Hunts only have set basic rewards + breakables. Please post your own to add to this conversation, and don't be shy, new players know VERY little.

Without further ado:

1. This game is extremely frustrating... and intoxicatingly addicting once you pass the initial knowledge hurdles. Best non-drug, non-exercise high you can get.

2. You can get rare items from shinies, so never ignore them, because they will disappear.

3. All everwood monster WILL PERMANENTLY DISAPPEAR 15-30 minutes after they have SEEN YOU. You do not have to engage them... timer will start automatically. If you had trouble killing them in under that time in a normal quests, you are going to have issues in everwood. Once you see the "Monster is about to flee" sign, you have 5 minutes from that point to hunt that monster.

4. Keep those charms!! You will eventually be able to recycle them into something usefull.. even the complete junk 1 point in one ability -10 in another, no slot rarity 1 has the potential of becoming a max rarity ultra rare one.

5. Multiple monster (Infinite spawn) quests will give you the same rewards regardless of how many monsters you kill. Your "extra" rewards come from the carves. Best skill to use on these quests is the "Carving God", where you can get up to 2 extra carves off everything... 3 carves from a tail (4 from Deviljho Tail) for example.

6. In order to do Guild quests, you first have to do an expedition, get a quest reward, and assign it to your Gathering Hall quest list. Every time you redo that quest from that moment forward, the quest will level up for stronger monsters, and better rewards. The higher the level, the greater the chance of getting weapons/armor rewards, with rarer skills & abilities.

7. There is a method of getting Ultimate Kinsect. Read the forums for more details.

8. All quests (even high and G ranked), will have cold or hot drinks in the box, if you ever need it and have forgotten it.

9. Don't attack if you see someone mount a monster!! (Has to be said).

10. Monster CAN and WILL die out of carving reach, and you will NOT get additional rewards because of it... you are just plum out of luck.

11. Certain "big" monsters can have up to 3 carving spots, with up to 5 carves each (with carving god). Without speed carving, maximum carves you can get is 9...

12. Pressing the start button will skip most animations (Particularly useful for monster death animations, when you need to start carving ASAP, like a Fatty or Moran). This doesn't work for your own death animations, or "First Encounter" animations.

13. If you capture a monster, you only get 20 seconds to do whatever else you wanted to do. Hunt Wisely.

14. Most weapon delays (like the one after a level 3 Greatsword charge) can be avoided by either rolling, or chaining into another proper move (For example, the hammer golf-swing can be chained straight into the Right trigger button with a tap and point in the direction you want to attack next, and back into regular attack into the golf swing, for infinite combo, as long as the target doesn't move or attack you :-P )

15. Jumping does NOT make you immune the way dash evasion does (Running and pressing the B button), and the monsters can and will hit you right out of the air...

16. If you get killed in the middle of the air, either because of a bad jump, or a monster had caught you and strewn you across the zone, other players, or your Felynes Can heal you out of that "death" if properly timed. You will only "instantly die" if you are on the floor the moment of the death hit.

17. Monsters in this game can sometimes "glitch" when going from differing heights. They will not move from that place or do anything else, until you stagger it with a hit. Use this time wisely... if you can do it, sleep bomb it for the maximum possible damage. This glitch is very unlikely to happen if you are already in the zone with the monster, and has mostly been reported to happen when you zone into a zone with a wandering monster the exact moment they are climbing. (Called the hump effect due to the monster appearing to be "humping the wall".) .... (ok, only I call it the humping effect. :-P).

18. Spinning the Left C stick is the quickest way to get out from a monster hold.... if you don't have a dung bomb to throw at their faces.

19. The Gypceros family of monsters have rubber skin, and like to play dead... So no shock traps, or being greedy when you think it is dead... look at the lightstone on its head for verification... if it is still flashing, it is not dead.

20. Felyne explorer food skill always ports you over to a "secret" zone with additional rare harvests, unless you are doing a low rank quest, or a Harvest Tour.

21. Meat & Drink upgrades are done by doing Gathering Hall quests. The drink combination is also unique in that it always provides different daily skills than the rest.

22. Using 2 Veggies will show you the full gamete of available food skills for that day. 2 of any of the others will show you 2, instead of 3, and will give you the buff that food is known for... 2 meats = 2 daily skills plus Attack, for example.

There are TONS more things, but tired of writing for now. Hopefully other hunters will chime in for their own additions.

Last edited by Sephastus on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
th8827
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 pm

43. If you knock over a monster with a jump attack but don't mount him because you land to far away, you might still be able to mount by rolling towards him the moment that you land.

44. If you have your weapon out, you can roll towards a climbable wall and press A to instantly put your weapon away and begin climbing.

45. If you drop straight down from a climbing wall, you can press the attack button to jump away from the wall and do a midair attack. Useful for when the monster is below you.

46. The Palico Skill "Mad Bomber" can do terrain damage.

47. Monsters don't give titles for 100 kills. At least, Seltas did not.

48. Carry your Poogie out to the beach and put him in the water for a cute animation... and an award.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 pm

49. When fighting a Seregios, you can evade out of getting the bleed affliction. If you get hit, turn away and roll, or dash jump out of the 3rd hit, and you get no bleeding. (Makes him sooo much easier, since the first 2 hits do not do as much damage as the third+bleed). Also, mosswine meat cures bleeding, and is easier to eat than Cooked meat.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:50 pm

50. If you miss a monster with a jump attack, but knock him over with an attack very quickly, you can still mount him.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 am

51. If you're not the area host, you can use lag to your advantage by attacking where the monster is going to be. This goes for EVERYTHING - damage, status effects, knockouts, even mounting! The inverse also applies, as a hit can also register on your end but not match up on the host's side.

52. Busted monster parts usually require less sharpness to not bounce, and even take more damage. The heads of Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos and Molten Tigrex are all good examples.

53. You can do a turnaround finisher when charging with a Lance - press back and X at the same time. Same power, but allows you to charge through monsters and position yourself for another attack.

54. Savage Deviljho has TWO pin attacks - the traditional one where it holds you down with its foot and eats you, and another where it'll actually grab you with its mouth and carry you around in its jaw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 am

The kids laughed Heartily at the first time they saw 54. He was just walking around nom nom nomming on me.
Talk about nom nom

55. Monsters only need to "chew" on you twice in order to regain Stamina. So if you want to keep the monster exhausted, get it off before it bites the second time.
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code: 2380-3368-2984

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm

56: The Icons to left of a quest tell you what the quest is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If you see there is a couple tabs: there is a blade for a slay quest, a monster for a hunt quest, a rock with grass if its a gathering quest, and a fish for a ingredient upgrade (read quest description for what food it upgrades)
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57 pm

[Statement Redacted for community assistance]

Last edited by Firpi on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Shhhh... he's contributing! :-P

But, yes, there have been a few repeats aside from that one already. But if that means more people read and decide to contribute, even better.

I might have to update the original post to include all the things others have said as well and give credit to the poster. *marks on to do list*
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

57: You can make your palico's rodeo the pig! ITS SO CUTE. ^_^
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

How?!?
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:26 pm

E&Troy wrote:

How?!?

How what? Me not knowing that or how is it cute? I didn't know about it because I didn't really touch my pig till I got costumes. It's cute because, well idk it just is!
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

E&Troy wrote:

How?!?

How what? Me not knowing that or how is it cute? I didn't know about it because I didn't really touch my pig till I got costumes. It's cute because, well idk it just is!

i think how as in how to do it...
if you Pet your Poogie it will follow you outside (you can also just pick it up and carry it outside) when outside talk to it again and select Rodeo. your felynes will mount the poogie.
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:28 am

E&Troy wrote:

How?!?

i think how as in how to do it...
if you Pet your Poogie it will follow you outside (you can also just pick it up and carry it outside) when outside talk to it again and select Rodeo. your felynes will mount the poogie.

Yeah, I guess that could be what he meant haha
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but it still seems quite a few people aren't sure about this.

58. When you give someone a guild quest, they receive it at it's initial level (The same level as when the founder got it from the expedition.).
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

E&Troy wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but it still seems quite a few people aren't sure about this.

58. When you give someone a guild quest, they receive it at it's initial level (The same level as when the founder got it from the expedition.).

To further add to this if they have a level 140 quest but they received it at level 9 and did a grind to level it up. Sadly you will get it at 9.
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:20 pm

E&Troy wrote:

To further add to this if they have a level 140 quest but they received it at level 9 and did a grind to level it up.  Sadly you will get it at 9.

Haha that is insane
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Call me silly, but I actually want to level up a 140 velocidrome, and offer it to peopl. i started at 9, im at 101 right now.
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Call me silly, but I actually want to level up a 140 velocidrome, and offer it to peopl. i started at 9, im at 101 right now.

That's kinda funny and a big troll idea... I like it
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Of course now im realising... who wants a Velocidrome quest... really? What was i thinking.=
Back to top Go down
XenonFrost
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Of course now im realising... who wants a Velocidrome quest... really? What was i thinking.=

Haha, well at least you have Velocidrome parts TrollJho
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:42 pm

I guess I trolljho's myself huh?

On the bright side I am still abel to solo it, so i can keep getting some pretty decent stuff.

But it is getting VERY close to teh point where i wont be able to solo it.

Plus Deep Down Inside I REALLY want to see an Apex Velocidrome.
Back to top Go down
Hopcurto
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 am

59. You can Tranq the monster before it gets into the trap causing it to fall asleep as soon as it's trapped. (Helps to prevent hunters from attacking the monster 'and you' while you're trying to tranq it)

and if the monsters health isn't low enough yet, doing 59 helps you prepare for number 60 if it happens, which is,

60. If a trapped monsters health isn't low enough yet after tranq'ing it, keep attacking, the monster will become trapped as soon as its health is low enough.

Also, I wanted to say thanks to everybody who has posted a tip on here, there is a lot of awesome and useful information in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm

60. What expedition monsters give you what Guild Quests: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would have saved so much time with this list....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U   Today at 7:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Things I wish I knew when I started MH4U
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2