Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Palico Woes.. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Palico Woes.. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Palico Woes..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

Palico Woes.. Empty
PostSubject: Palico Woes..   Palico Woes.. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:19 am

So, recently.. in preparation of facing down the scarred elder dragon, I decided to get my stringers and other cat nyanlated stuff in order.

I used to run healing cats with Purrtuoso for a long time, mostly because as an archer I found the healing and buffing to be very handy..

Eventually, however, I came to the conclusion that it's a crutch I cannot rely on forever and put the healing aside for something else.

Started out with Stamina cats.. because well, as an archer you like full stamina, right?
... I found myself lucky if that stamina triggered once or twice during a hunt, even with maxed out enthusiasm. What a raging disappointment..

Then I heard that combat cats are able to "easily" sever tails on their own with a decent bladed weapon. "Awesome!", thinking to myself, I set myself up with a row of 5 fighting stringers and The rath-of-meow team attack.

... And I find myself more facepalming then ever before!
Not only do these retards have a habit of popping their tank the moment a large monster leaves the area, it's also almost exclusively the ONLY time during a mission they use it.
Why?
because these scaredycats spend more time panicking OR passed out on the ground then they do anything else! .. Well usually it's panicking first and passing out second.

And I like to think that I am far not stringy with their gear. I have them decked out in Basarios gear, heavy in defense and even gives extra health. And yet they go into panic mode the moment a damn Drome goes into enrage? What the nyan, guys?! My main cat is 25 and the new fighting buddy just reached 19.. you'd think they can handle the stress.

So.. I'm a tad clueless as to what is going on. Any help perhaps?
My healing cats used their horn team attack with a healthy frequency and healed regularly.. I have yet see these fighting guys do anything of note. Much less cutting tails. *grumps*
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Palico Woes.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palico Woes..   Palico Woes.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 6:25 am

Basarios armor makes the cats prioritize small monsters. Switch them to an armor whose Helmet says "Large First" or "Large Only" to make them focus on the big monsters.
Back to top Go down

Palico Woes..
Page 1 of 1