Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 27

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:14 am

So, I assume most know what an elitist is. And if you don't, here is the rundown! An elitist is someone who:

1. Thinks they're better than everyone at MH.
2. Belittle people who are new to the game.
3. Don't offer you help just because your HR is low.
4. Thinks you suck JUST because you aren't G-Rank.
5. Try to tell you how to play the game THEIR way.
Annnnnd finally! 6. Talk bad about your armor set/weapon/talisman just because it isn't set up the way they would.

And now you know what an elitist is! ^^

Sorry about the rant. I wanted to put it in the "Speak Your Mind" thread, but it's in the "Non-MH" section, so this was the next best place. If it needs to be moved, then by all means, put it where it needs to go.
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
MetaMarx
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:50 am

I met a lot of these elitist nerds in Tri. Ever since THE BOOT was introduced, elitists have been much more tolerable haha. Instead of elitists, I've met SEVERAL leeches in 4U. I can't tell which is worse honestly.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:58 am

At least leeches don't treat you like garbage for no reason. And yeah, kicking people is a huge help now, haha. But I would prefer 3 leeches in my hall than 3 elitist, and just listen to "Lol, look at that set, it's so bad, you should make this, or else you suck, lololol". But I do agree, I don't like leeches that much either.
Back to top Go down
yvz
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:09 pm

So, I joined an akantor room today and right when I'm prepping, this one G3 player joined and was rambling that all the people he hunted with so far sucks and the guy who made room was like "we won't fail you" and then the bastard said that I suck and told the guy to kick me out. I'm like, what? And right after that the guy kicked me out and I'm just like "you evil bastard" and placed my 3DS on the desk for a min and cried.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:12 am

^That kinda shit is exactly what I mean! I'm G3, with at least 300 hours logged in already, but in my defense, I have no life. And I don't go around saying someone sucks without hunting with them! I still hunt with people who are LR/HR because I just like helping. But these people who come into rooms at a higher HR than someone, and tells the lobby creator to just up and kick someone because they "suck", without even actually hunting with them, is just plain arrogant. The "good" MH Online community is a dying breed. And I don't mean "good at the game", I mean, the genuine, kind-hearted Hunters who would help a lower geared/HR player just because they can, and they enjoy helping. Now it's "Why would you use blabbity blah armor and a blabbity blah(<this one is weapon choice, I can single one out, so for the sake of the rant, imagine your favorite type of weapon), when the blabbity blah blah is clearly the best weapon/armor in the game?" or "n00b, you use Potions while hunting? lmao, u sux at dis GAEM." The monster Hunter community is slowly, but steadily, turning into the Call of Duty community: a bunch of arrogant assholes/annoying little kids who think they know best.

**EDIT: The worst part is, some people see a G1/2/3, and do their bidding. I.E. kicking people for no reason. Or bashing on someone because the G whatever is. Makes me f***ing sick.

Sorry if that last comment hit some peoples souls, but deep down, you know it to be true. This forum is the communities Saving Grace, honestly. For me, anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 am

I've been away from the forum for a while, but here is my view...

I don't have MH4U yet, simply put, when I do get it, I want to be back at the top again, i.e. G Rank or G3, as I'm used to it. (HR 999 on MH3U twice over).

As aforementioned, I'm HR 999 on 3U with both of my WiiU characters, now people, would you expect me to be elitist just because of my exceedingly high rank?

Yes I've come across many elitist hunters in my time, although they've tried to get me to kick someone from my room (I was hosting, but now I don't anymore) I would just say: "My room, my rules, if this person needs a hand and have a bad set, then it's their problem, not yours, you don't have to be in this room, however this person that needs a hand, will figure it out on their own, MH is a learning curve, don't ruin the community with your single minded comments" if they don't listen and respect me as a hunter, then boom they're kicked before they could say Apple Pie.
I've also had them comment on a new persons armour set, or even PM me to kick said person because they're HR 1 or don't have the right set.

I like to hunt by the policy that everyone has to start somewhere so I give everyone a fair go

I will admit, I do have some elitist tendencies, everyone does, it's nature in some cases, however, the good hunters whom aren't elitist but have those tendencies are more considerate, will help those who are new to the game, and give them a head start.
I know this because my friends and I are good hunters, we're well respected in the community because we help those who have started, and give them pointers, but we are also serious hunters in our circle (Today we set a World Record on MH3U doing 2 G Rank Azuros in 40secs with 3 people) but we are more than happy to lend a hand to those that ask for it, we will give everyone a fair go compared to most and we just let you use whatever you're comfortable with.

I'm sorry but your view on elitists is quite stereotypical, as I may as well be one.

I will point out on how you could improve your usage of a weapon or how to fix up your armour set, but whether or not you take on that advice is your choice, I wont force you...
I'm saying this because there is a fine line to your conventional "elitist" and a really good, serious hunter like myself and fellow members, like you Hermz...

EDIT: I will also add that if I do see someone displaying elitist attitudes (saying your armour sucks, or use this weapon because it's the best, etc)and putting another hunter down, I will kick them without hesitation, regardless of your HR, friend or random, that behaviour to me just isn't tolerated - ruins the atmosphere in the room and makes the experience of the game poor.

However this is my 2 cents on the matter.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:23 am

Good player, vs "I believe I am better" player.

There will always be "elitists" in every game you play, but in Monster Hunter, the elitists don't usually last as long as those that truly enjoy the game. In a few month's time, the elitists will be mostly gone from the game, and you will have a distilled pool of "good" players, and new players that are willing to learn.

It is what I have seen from the earliest games of MH. So just tough it out, and don't let it get to you.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:17 am

TheLaw: My view on elitists isn't stereotypical, it's literally what an elitist is. Also, you kind of didn't realize the point I brought up in the original post, you just started going on about being HR999 and setting world records. I never said being a high HR or having really good gear makes you an elitist, it's the attitude of thinking you're better than everyone. I know how to kick, but I'm also not always the host of whatever Hall I'm in. Also, I understand you saying all that stuff about your two characters and this an that, being HR999 and NOT being an elitist, but the world record thing was absolutely irrelevant.

Sephastus: Just because it's a Monster Hunter game doesn't mean the elitists will start dissipating. The elitists of MH are just as much a fan as anyone of us on the forums. They're just dicks about it. They will stick around until the next MH comes out.

Hope I didn't upset anyone, but it's just how it is.
Back to top Go down
LugiaXD
Popo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code: 2165-5601-0850
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): australia

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 pm

@yvz wrote:
So, I joined an akantor room today and right when I'm prepping, this one G3 player joined and was rambling that all the people he hunted with so far sucks and  the guy who made room was like "we won't fail you" and then the bastard said that I suck and told the guy to kick me out. I'm like, what? And right after that the guy kicked me out and I'm just like "you evil bastard" and placed my 3DS on the desk for a min and cried.

yo dw next time you wanna hunt let us know, we dun kick for shitty armour we kick for shitty attitudes ;3
i think my skype is still on the forum profile i have XD

on the actual topic i want to clarify that i think what hermz is talking about isn't a stereotypical elitist. that would be someone who is bad at the game but still thinks they're better than everyone thus everything is never their fault.
he's actually got most of the elitist tendencies listed up there and i need to say that telling someone:
"Hey you could actually do this to free up a slot on your set and then gem out/in another of your skills"

is a whole other thing compared to:
"Hey your armour is terrible, those skills with a <insert preferred wep here> LOL you're so bad you need to get way better before playing on MY level n00b"*kicks you from the room*.

notice that one of them is inherently nicer and more helpful, encouraging the player to keep using the armour they want but just to help them make it even better for them and the other is the type of elitist i ran into countless times before i made my current armour set because the set i had before naturally came with Artillery skills but i was using DBs (they didn't seem to notice i had managed to get Sharpness +1 and Razor sharp on the same armour set) and so i got kicked a few times due to "bad armour" even though i had close to 700 defense in G rank without the use of divine armour spheres which i was trying to actually get.
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 am

Any poor attitude players are pretty much the worst. I'm a slow learner and can have a quick temper, so it was really rough getting into MonHun. I've clearly improved, but I still remember back to that whole sort of "I'M THE LEADER" elitism my friends and I had to deal with with one of our party members. We did LAN party stuff too (this was Tri), and all went to college together and all that, so it made it extra awkward.

I've since helped my roommate and girlfriend get into the series thanks to 3U and now we're all nice and level for the most part in 4U with a great weapon spread. A friend from college, now in Texas, is trying to save up to make 4U his first MonHun game to play with us.

Sorta rambly, but I guess my point is that yes, elitists like that suck ass, but it shouldn't ruin anybodies experience in the long run (or something).

Also, LugiaXD, how do you set up a custom color theme for your posts? That's pretty rad.
Back to top Go down
http://core-games.com
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:58 am

That's no color scheme, the creator of the topic can mark one post in a topic as "thanks". It's something usually used in threads where someone's asking a question, an they thank the person that gives a detailed answer, but can be used in any thread.

Edit: On the other hand, it kind of causes a redundancy with the +/- vote system, but whatever.

Last edited by Crystalis on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 am

Ah ok cool. I noticed it a few other times since I asked, and it was always that green. So that makes sense. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:31 am

I saw one today when I was trying to find a group for Akantor Coup. He was criticizing a G1 player for not having gear as good as his G3 armor. He than proceeded to faint from Akantor's attacks in the first 5 minutes and then disconnect.
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:35 am

@th8827 wrote:
I saw one today when I was trying to find a group for Akantor Coup. He was criticizing a G1 player for not having gear as good as his G3 armor. He than proceeded to faint from Akantor's attacks in the first 5 minutes and then disconnect.

This is the best. I love karmic balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?   Today at 10:33 am

Back to top Go down

Elitists. Can't stand them. Can You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1