Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

armor and wapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gamer2075
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: armor and wapons   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 am

I'm new to MH and I was wondering ifIishoul keep all type of weapons elements and armor for the skill sets or just one set I like and one type of weapons i like
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: armor and wapons   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:14 am

Welcome to the forums.

There is a post in each of the game forums that has a question and answer post that would be better suited, since I am just going to guess that you are using MH4U, and not any of the other Monster Hunter Games.

To answer your question:

The weapons and armors you make, should be focused on skills. For example, if you are using Greatswords: Go for 10 points in Fast Charge (Grants Focus, which makes you charge faster), and/or 10 in Crit Draw (Grants Critical draw, which gives you 100% Afinity, Critical hit, on your unsheathe attack) There are more skills, but just giving you an idea.

If you have one set that has some good skills you can play with, then just keep using Armor Spheres to increase that set's defense. If you are changing weapons, then try to make a set that enhances that weapon. (When I say change weapons, I mean like changing from Hunting Horn, to Longsword).

ALWAYS put at least 10 points into any skill to activate it. Remember, skills are way better than higher defense. Don't use a mixture of armors, just because they are the best defense in the slot. Pick sets to activate skills, and then increase the defense of the sets with armor spheres. If you don't have Armor Spheres, then get a few pickaxes and do Harvest tours. Harvest Tours are just as important as regular quests, because while regular quests give you parts to MAKE the armor/weapons, the harvest tours give you "mostly" safe places for you to mine and get armor spheres to increase the defense of your armors.

A good armor set, when given Armor Spheres, can last you all the way to G Rank... so don't ever underestimate them.

Early on, get good at one type of weapon, but remember that some monsters are MUCH easier when done with a different weapon. Ex. Basarios & Gravios type monsters are superbly weak to water gunning, while monoblos turn to putty in front of Lance fighters with guard up.

Also, learn a monsters weakness (There is a chart in a post in the MH4U forum). Raw damage is always best, and 100 points in raw is better than 100 points in elemental, but a high elemental weapon, could destroy a monster with a particularly weak spot to an element.

So focus on a skill set that is good for the weapon/strategy that you want to employ, and only worry about changes later on in the game.
Back to top Go down
gamer2075
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: armor and wapons   Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:46 am

Thank you, so do you know any website that can tell me what armor set has what skill. So I can plan ahead.
@Sephastus wrote:
Welcome to the forums.

There is a post in each of the game forums that has a question and answer post that would be better suited, since I am just going to guess that you are using MH4U, and not any of the other Monster Hunter Games.

To answer your question:

The weapons and armors you make, should be focused on skills. For example, if you are using Greatswords: Go for 10 points in Fast Charge (Grants Focus, which makes you charge faster), and/or 10 in Crit Draw (Grants Critical draw, which gives you 100% Afinity, Critical hit, on your unsheathe attack) There are more skills, but just giving you an idea.

If you have one set that has some good skills you can play with, then just keep using Armor Spheres to increase that set's defense. If you are changing weapons, then try to make a set that enhances that weapon. (When I say change weapons, I mean like changing from Hunting Horn, to Longsword).

ALWAYS put at least 10 points into any skill to activate it. Remember, skills are way better than higher defense. Don't use a mixture of armors, just because they are the best defense in the slot. Pick sets to activate skills, and then increase the defense of the sets with armor spheres. If you don't have Armor Spheres, then get a few pickaxes and do Harvest tours. Harvest Tours are just as important as regular quests, because while regular quests give you parts to MAKE the armor/weapons, the harvest tours give you "mostly" safe places for you to mine and get armor spheres to increase the defense of your armors.

A good armor set, when given Armor Spheres, can last you all the way to G Rank... so don't ever underestimate them.

Early on, get good at one type of weapon, but remember that some monsters are MUCH easier when done with a different weapon. Ex. Basarios & Gravios type monsters are superbly weak to water gunning, while monoblos turn to putty in front of Lance fighters with guard up.

Also, learn a monsters weakness (There is a chart in a post in the MH4U forum). Raw damage is always best, and 100 points in raw is better than 100 points in elemental, but a high elemental weapon, could destroy a monster with a particularly weak spot to an element.

So focus on a skill set that is good for the weapon/strategy that you want to employ, and only worry about changes later on in the game.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: armor and wapons   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Try Kiranico's MH4U section. It's a comprehensive data-base on everything in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Monsters, weapons, armor, items...

Also, welcome to Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: armor and wapons   Today at 8:44 am

Back to top Go down

armor and wapons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1