Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you play a 360 First Person MH?
Yes
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
No
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Maybe (Explain)
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 am

I will eventually chime in with my own idea, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion.

I am an early adopter of 360 technology, and after many pictures, videos and games, I started dwelling on how MH would play out in a 360 environment. Seeing the monsters charging you, relearning the dodge mechanics, even harvesting without getting whacked by a lynian.

What is everyone's opinion on this style of gameplay?
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I've played quite a bit on my VR system lately as a lot more stuff is being released and a lot more developers are getting involved with full games.

A VR/360 MH game would be great but probably not for another couple of years or so. Right now most games and videos don't run smoothly enough IMO and fast pace games still lag and are hard to keep up with the action.

So while I like the idea and would love to see it someday, I think it's just too soon for one just yet.

Nintendo tried to rush into VR well before it's time and look what happened. The same failure could happen to an MH game if it jumps into VR before it's time. Mostly I still see VR working best on space shooters and FPS' though there are a lot of other great apps and games out there.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Un-Tan
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:45 pm

The only part that would be weird if FPS is the attack animations and whatnot that the hunters themselves use/do, would be very cool to see a rathalos charge towards you and whatnot however and really using dodge mechanics and such properly. But I still think blocking/dodging and whatnot would be very weird.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:22 pm

@Un-Tan wrote:
The only part that would be weird if FPS is the attack animations and whatnot that the hunters themselves use/do, would be very cool to see a rathalos charge towards you and whatnot however and really using dodge mechanics and such properly. But I still think blocking/dodging and whatnot would be very weird.

Yeah, the GTAV first person integration was nice, but with some of the animations for rolling and attacking it was a bit disorienting. Completely different type of game, but I find the situation to be quite similar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:04 am

MHWF hit the nail squarely on the head in my opinion. Great concept, but the technology is not stable enough to make it a good experience.

This is what I was thinking, however: a 360 MH script based game. As you look around, there are things you can focus your sights on, and via a tap, you interact with it. So most of the action is pre-scripted, and all you have to do, is select the proper envioroment or equipment, and your character will do the rest.

Mind you, this would not be anything like the Monster Hunter we are used to, but it essentially would be an experience.

Interacting with the monsters, the environment and equipment would entail being aware of everything around you. Just got pinned? Look around and grab the dirt/dung you will throw it a the monster's face. Need to sneak around? Make sure you do not have metal equipment on. Only need a few kelbi pelts to make that new armor? Go gunner with a silencer. ect...

The dynamics would not be the same, but the possibilities for enjoyment would be exponential, without needing all the flashy animations that the new MH are coming out with.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 am

It would be awesome, but i think the fun would wear off rather quickly, thinking of other Sword type FPS games, they are always RPG, level/hp based. I want to think it is due to teh fact that a Call of Duty type game with swords magic wouldn't work to well.

Anyone remember HEXEN?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?   Today at 7:32 am

Back to top Go down

Would you play a 360 view First Person MH?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1