Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Just tried it out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Just tried it out   Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:52 am

Just spent about 6 hours playing.

I LOVED IT!! the lack of other english players kinda dulled it a bit.

But it is soooo smooth and beautiful.
The TeamHD English patch translates enough that its not hard to do what you need.

Sign up and everything wasnt that hard at all. I can only WISH this gets localization.

IT is fun and good.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Just tried it out   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm

So to continue on, I have played maybe 12-15 hours. Im HR 23, and wearing junk for armor. Like literally, at this point it doesnt matter what you wear.
I have been soloing all of this so far with a bow. One time i did get a team up for about an hour, i used bowgun and MAN they both work so well in this game.

Right now it does seem a bit too easy, like I said I have been soloing everything.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Just tried it out   Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Ok, I have been playing for this long weekend, and I am still HR2... One Star... How did you get HR22?? ..

Well, anyways, I am level 46 and have done all the missions up to Zone 23. I have a full set of Rank 60 Armor, and a pretty decent Greatsword. I have soloed everything up to now, including the Kushala Daora, when it first came up (You weren't SUPPOSED to kill it... but I guess I got overly excited and instead of "harvest 10 and return home", like the mission said, I wailed on it till it stopped moving.).

The game is beautifully rendered, and I was just staring at the water falling on the body of my last hunt, and thinking "This is what I wish hunting was like."

Unfortunately, I don't know chinese, and my google translate from my phone can only help so much. I have quests that I can't finish, just cause I don't know the objectives. Don't get me wrong, I can do the main storyline, cause it is just go here, and kill that or harvest that, but all the other things, like "Buy This" and then "Use That", and "Convert This" ... its just annoying. Plus I learned the hard way that this game penalizes pack rats. Sell early, and sell often. If you aren't going to use it, don't hold on to it. Then I get level 40 Armor and it says: Hey... why don't you use all those items in your inventory to power me up! DAM IT! Hold on, and they autosell everything you get in the rewards... Sell, and you can't power up the specialty armor they give you later on... sheesh, you can't win for trying.

Also, the non-boss monsters in this game royally SUCK. They are there to literally annoy the F out of you. They run in, hit you, and run away! Then come right back the moment you want to do anything else.

The "power move" are way over the top. For the GreatSword, it is a 7 Hit combo that does as much damage as your Fully Charged attack. If You get the monster on the first hit on its weak spot, it will permaflynch on all the subsequent hits, and you can charge up those last 3 hits to do insane damage.

So far, I would recommend this game, only because since I don't understand the language, I have no way of giving them my credit card information to purchase the stuff I want, like more inventory space and more than 10 tries a day (yes, you are limited to 10 hunts a day, unless you use coins, or are given extra tries by the quest givers. So far, it hasn't negatively impacted me. Just make 2 or more characters, and alternate among them for a full day play session.

There is more to say, but this is a good start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just tried it out   Today at 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Just tried it out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Other MH Games :: Online/Mobile/and more :: MHOL-
Jump to: