Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Deviant Monsters Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Deviant Monsters Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deviant Monsters

Go down 
+5
Phazon Xenomorph
Kanade
Sephastus
Lucas
MHWF
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 3:51 pm

In the past especially for 3U and 4U many have complained about the lower difficulty of the monsters. Generations has attempted to change that in some ways. While you still have all your regular monster Generations has added Deviant Monsters as well. Not the same as sub species. The deviants have new, more powerful gear and overall give more "rewarding" drops that can be used to make Rare X armor and weapons.

Currently there are 12 deviant monsters in Generations.

One example is the Grimclaw Tigrex Deviant Monsters 185?cb=20160529122835&path-prefix=fr

To fight these monsters you have to have a ticket allowing you to do so.

What do you all think? Who will miss the Guild quests?
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 5:57 am

Deviant Monsters Image10
Will tell you once I see for myself . O.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 8:28 am

So... EU has their copies out already?

Jelous.

Anyways, I believe guild quests were one of the best additions to the game, and I am pretty sad to see them go. With Guild quests, the hunting posibilities were limitless. But with "Get Ticket, Kill Beast" deal, once you have the armor and weapons that you need, you don't ever have to deal with that one again... the game will essentially have a life span instead.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 12:24 am

the rathalos flies a lot so gotta spam flash bombs, i went adept on the narga so it was pretty much teh same as the regular cept it throws sonic booms like guile.
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 1:08 am

Gonna start hunting Hellblade Glavenus. Trying to squeeze 3 more handicraft points onto my High Rank Glavenus set to activate Sharpness+2, it's doable I just need a few more of a material to make the decorations. Then it's on to Hellblade Glavenus...if I think my weapon can swing it...maybe I should upgrade but I really don't want to deal with Hypermode Chameleos before getting to the meat of the farming.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 12:44 pm

everything from dreadqueen's tail even that lil taunt where she slams the tail on the floor drops poison aoe everywhere... poison dont last long but it eats hp super fast. silverwind can tail slam into noscope360, all his sonic booms does the bleeding status
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 pm

i kinda dont miss guild quests, thy were quite annoying to me. Took ages to get them leveled up and with how frenzy works, honestly frenzy status on monsters just ruined a LOT of MH4U for me, im glad to see it gone.
However I think Guild Quests coulda been fun, if done massively different, like having no limit on how many guild quests we can have so a more solo player could effectively do any hunt they desire without having to trade out quests and redo the damn levels all over again, it was stupendously monotenous.

Deviants, I like, it makes the monsters more challenging in a fun way, unlike frenzy where all frenzy was was jsut make everything faster and twice as strong and sometimes make it so you cant do anything at all unless you a stupid item active x.x
No deviants are more fair, they are challenging, but in a fair, fun way.

Except Redhelm >,>
faught him last night, and he is mostly easy, tough, hits hard, but he has some really cheating bs FU moves, like if you just so happen to get blindsighted by his lil, swipe theground at you thing, you're dead, period, it does enough to one shot you if you arent rocking some seriously defensive gear. Or his rapid claw swipe series he moves practically a mile between each swpe, so no matter how you dodge, he can so easily just catch you on the rebound and spam kill you -.-
I hate undodgeable moves like that or oneshotting moves, that's not challenge, that's just cheap bs, and i really hope the other deviants dont pull crap like that, Snowbaron sure didnt, when he killed you, it was fair, he just happened to catch you off guard and you failed to heal up before he snagged you again or snowballed you or such
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 1:23 am

ok leveled silverwind to 10, and he got rly different at lvl 7 with more combos n follow ups every move hits like a truck n 3 of the ranged ones that he spams a lot does the bleed status
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 7:47 am

I did Silverwind 6, with some randoms. He Insta-wiped 3 people with tail slam at around 75% Health, good times, goood times.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm

You guys are getting me excited for deviants!

Just got credits last night. That means low rank is over... bring it on High Rank!
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:58 am

Did a few Thunderlords. His hitboxes feel really small, and the simplest of sidesteps can dodge his hits.

But maaan oh man, one hit, and its like a damn truck. I'd opt to eat Thunder Res L, to avoid getting oneshotted from his cheeky para traps to body slam combo.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 4:14 pm

One hits remind me of the older MH games. Hip checks and ohko's for everyone
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 8:08 pm

ughh i hate ohko's -.-
cheapest crap ever conceived, i dont mind ohko's in other games, where there is like, omg, a big uber special that can only be used once every 10+turns or every 10 mins of combat(which is usually once or twice per combat) but on mh where the monsters can spam that crap? that's not challenge, that's just cheap bs x.x

and speaking of resistances, anyone know exactly how effective resistances are in this game? cause in older ones it always felt like resistances had very little effect on the dmg you took, honestly def did too but it was somewhat more noticible. Cause sometimes i feel like going for Res up or Def Up feels like it's a complete waste of effort lol
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 4:36 am

High resistance makes you immune to that Blight, high negative makes you get the severe version of that element's Blight. Beyond that, I don't really see much difference.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 10:01 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
ughh i hate ohko's -.-
cheapest crap ever conceived, i dont mind ohko's in other games, where there is like, omg, a big uber special that can only be used once every 10+turns or every 10 mins of combat(which is usually once or twice per combat) but on mh where the monsters can spam that crap? that's not challenge, that's just cheap bs x.x

and speaking of resistances, anyone know exactly how effective resistances are in this game? cause in older ones it always felt like resistances had very little effect on the dmg you took, honestly def did too but it was somewhat more noticible. Cause sometimes i feel like going for Res up or Def Up feels like it's a complete waste of effort lol

i can see the def reducing damage especially for high lvl deviant hunts where a lot of moves are 1 hit and become 2 hit with like +30 def, but the worst part is the wide arcs or status infliction that happen from those wide arc attacks
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 10:31 am

Wish Deviant armors would get 1 slot at lv10 upgrade :c
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 8:04 pm

yeah the changes to blight is about the only difference i can tell with high resistances, but as for how much dmg you take, it's, rather hard to notice, makes me feel like eating for thunder/water/fire/etc feels mostly worthless unless by chance it gives you just enough to reduce a blight's level or such

and im sad about deviant armors actually, i looked up their skillsets and, well, none of them seem endgame worthy, with stats that most people want for a good, solid, basic hunt.
Except Dreadqueen, her set is the only set that seems actually worth it cause it has a baseline of skills that are, in a way, the best for an endgame build. Her set pretty much ideal for status builds, with status up, crit eye, and status crit, and then throw in wide range so when you pop potions you can heal your allies so you dont have to just rely on the only 3 life powder you can carry.

But all the others, i mean, yeah, their skills are good, enough to let you survive, but they arent ideal, and yet you gotta go through all that work to make them and upgrade them. Which i dont like the upgrade system for them, need 1 specific quest every upgrade, makes it much harder to find a group for doing each upgrade where is with other armors, any quest with that particular monster or place will do.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 8:52 pm

You can do this with Crystalbeard.

https://imgur.com/pLkNHkI
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 pm

th8827 wrote:
You can do this with Crystalbeard.

https://imgur.com/pLkNHkI
HAH!! I am soooo doing that once I get that armor. My friends are going to flip!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 7:41 pm

lmao that is brilliant XD
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 am

Once you unlock X/10, or the higher numbers. Certain quest also have chances to drop lower rank tickets.

Rank 6/VI, 9/IX and 10/X all drop extra tickets from other ranks.

6/VI has the possibility to drop extras from 1/I to 6/VI

9/IX has the possibility to drop extras from 6VI/ to 9/IX

10/X has the possibility to drop extras from 7/VII to 10/X

The extra ticket drops will range from 1-2 quantities depending on luck.

You are guaranteed 2 tickets of that rank per completion. I did X/10 more than 7/VII and 8/VIII ranks and got most of the 7/VII and 8/VIII tickets from there.

So its beneficial to max out the Deviant quests as soon as possible, so you can grind 10/X without having to do multiples of 7/VII-9/IX.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 7:03 pm

I hunted some Drilltusk yesterday. He was surprisingly easy.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Old topic, but I just did my first deviant monster (Redhelm) and I thought it was pretty tough at first. I was using hammer and just being too aggressive. Started to be very picky with my moments and went nuts on him when he was walking to get honey which is where I did most of my damage. Probably took me 20 minutes but i finished him with a super pound jump hit.

Very satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 pm

I did all my solo stuff before getting anything high rank, so I had to do the deviants with my LR armors, and this was the first deviant I did, and also wanted to do him solo.

I was not expecting his ohko capabilities on anyone with LR defense.

It was fun, so I relate about the satisfaction about being able to solo him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deviant Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deviant Monsters   Deviant Monsters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deviant Monsters
Page 1 of 1