Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting thread

Go down 
+15
MetaMarx
Crystalis
Jojozityjo
th8827
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Un-Tan
Kanade
MHWF
Lucas
Chips
Phazon Xenomorph
Samochan
Sephastus
Tsunday
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsunday
Kelbi
Tsunday

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

Hunting thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 am

First topic message reminder :

As of when I write this, I just brutally exterminated Glavenus by shoving my large stick up his pooper multiplied by a thousand bolts coated with the most piquant acid and searing stuff I could find in order to extort as much agony as possible to ensue his demise for my own yield in order to savagely skin him to decorate my new assegai.

Mizutani and Astalos were the best fights I've had in years. It made my phallus crag firm.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 7:35 pm

im still pretty new to this release so havent had enough time to rocket up through the ranks, nor do i like rocketing up through the ranks, i like to take my time and get everything done lol

but i did find fight my first deviant monster last night with my bf, The Snowbaron Lagombi, and it was so much more than we expected. I love how they did it though, it's just lagombi with extra skills, not just a cheap numbers bump like that god aweful frenzy system in MH4U was x.x

but omg, that battle raged on, my bf feinted twice, ran out of potions, out of hot drinks, too bad that eskimo looking ludroth armor doesnt stop the cold x.x
and he jst tearing us up, relied so much on bushido and our cats for heals and the dang thing showed no signs of weakness until the last 10 mins left of the fight, we had nothing left to fight with, bf even dc'd in the last 5 mins left, i had no hope, i didnt care anymore, it was a lsot cause. Si i went up to the sleeping thing, activated Demon Riot for my swax, and just, went at that thing like i just didnt care anymore, in my mind, we'd lost already, so i was gonna go down swinging like there was nothing left to live or hope for ... and i did it ... i killed that powerful SoB within the last 2 mins and braught his darkly cute head home for my bf to mount on his wall since the dc robbed him of his victory.

and now, i want snowbaron armor, gods save us XD
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 am

The quality of people online is really getting to me, I must be having the worst luck with people but their stupidity is frustrating. It's not new people, you can tell the difference, these people are just BAD.

And I'm never on when forumers are able to hunt or have a spot open.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
The quality of people online is really getting to me, I must be having the worst luck with people but their stupidity is frustrating. It's not new people, you can tell the difference, these people are just BAD.

And I'm never on when forumers are able to hunt or have a spot open.

I noticed that the "quality" of players in general was not up to what I had seen in other games, but I am chalking that up to being in the muddied waters of the initial launch. Once things settle down, and Ranks are higher, I believe there will be more professional hunters all around.

I still am very surprised at the people who take on a prowler and just stay away from the monster. Meh, takes all kinds I guess.

In other words, did my first triple cart yesterday. I made gunner gear, rearranged my arts and for some reason thought it was a good idea to go after Glavenus(sp). I was wishing for it to at least limp so I could catch it, but I need more defense than 90 to survive a single hit.

I am learning his moves though. I would have been disappointed if I could just get him down on my first try with a gunner on a new game.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:40 am

So... Been using Arial with the Great Sword (back to my most favorite weapon). It loses the charge attack but I have been doing some serious damage to the monster thanks to that jump evade and downward smash. Never really mounted in the last game but this time around it seems to be worth it. Especially since others can attack now while someone is on the monsters back.

PS:

I'm loving the amount of monsters in this game. There are a few missing I would have liked but can't really complain.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:50 am

MHWF wrote:
So... Been using Arial with the Great Sword (back to my most favorite weapon). It loses the charge attack but I have been doing some serious damage to the monster thanks to that jump evade and downward smash. Never really mounted in the last game but this time around it seems to be worth it. Especially since others can attack now while someone is on the monsters back.

PS:

I'm loving the amount of monsters in this game. There are a few missing I would have liked but can't really complain.

For Low Rank I played strictly Aerial GS. A lot of people disliked it for being too repetitive, simply B and Hold X repeatedly, but for some reason I have so much fun playing it. The new aerial dynamics the jumps give you, let's you "evade" or rather simply be away from most hitboxes a monster's attacks normally do. It was quite a refreshing way to play for awhile.

Learned how to maneuver, change directions and actually aim for parts I needed to hit.

I'd honestly keep playing it, since I enjoy it, but the aerial Lvl 3 charge is like a wet noodle compared to the regular Lvl 3 charge ):

Glad to see another hunter enjoying Aerial GS though ^^ since most people disregard it.

Evade+1/2 with Aerial is even more broken for dodge and damage playstyles :D
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:58 am

You can strike a monster while someone is riding it and they wont be kicked off??? Hunting thread - Page 2 1669237282

Gamechanger!!!!
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 11:05 am

@Sephastus:

Yes you can now attack a monster while someone is on it and it adds to the knockdown bar assisting the hunter instead of hindering them.

@Chips:

Yeah it's a trade off. More hits in some cases vs charge attacks. The GS is a hit and run weapon overall so if you play that way Arial works well. But it also hinders some of the Arts from doing the full damage they could be doing.

Still.. It's fun and looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:05 pm

MHWF wrote:

@Chips:

Yeah it's a trade off. More hits in some cases vs charge attacks. The GS is a hit and run weapon overall so if you play that way Arial works well. But it also hinders some of the Arts from doing the full damage they could be doing.

Still.. It's fun and looks really cool.

I'm honestly not a fan of any of the GS Hunter arts, way to slow. In the amount of time it takes to deliver a Brimstone Slash, I could easily drop in 3 Aerial L3Charges, giving similar damage and additionally adding mount damage. I also use Seregios' GS, so every jump I do sharpens my sword. It's basically permanent white. :D

I do like Aerial as it deviates from the hit and run/prediction style, into a more active role, by weaving jumps in attacks and counter attacking.

Question, are you preferring Aerial or Guild/Adept/Striker so far?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:18 pm

i prefer bushido(adept), and i call it bushido like i seen in all the vidsi seen of the game before it's release, cause bushido just sounds infinitely sexier lol
but im loving bushido cause i can easily evade monsters and get back in swinging, it's like, it frees up my normal demand of needing Evasion +1,2, or 3 and gives me more freedom of skills, get anythingi want, and god it saves my life so many times, countless times have i been in moments where if i was anything but bushido, id have cost the mission, and i love that i can do the bushido dodge and immediately run back in swinging, sometimes that style really brings out the latent pro within me XD
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Jojozityjo wrote:
i prefer bushido(adept), and i call it bushido like i seen in all the vidsi seen of the game before it's release, cause bushido just sounds infinitely sexier lol
but im loving bushido cause i can easily evade monsters and get back in swinging, it's like, it frees up my normal demand of needing Evasion +1,2, or 3 and gives me more freedom of skills, get anythingi want, and god it saves my life so many times, countless times have i been in moments where if i was anything but bushido, id have cost the mission, and i love that i can do the bushido dodge and immediately run back in swinging, sometimes that style really brings out the latent pro within me XD

My only negative thought on Bushido(Adept) is that run after dodging. It's a double-edged sword.

Once I was rolling away to position but a Rheno ran into me, so I Bushido Dodged on accident as that Rheno was "attacking" me and ran from the Bushido, and since I'm running I can only keep running or cancel with an attack but neither mattered because that animation led me into getting a face full of Narga hit in which I could do nothing but take it like a man xD.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Personally, I'm enjoying Striker Longsword. I have a powerful counter, a powerful multi-hit combo, and an unlimited Spirit gauge ability. I am prepared for anything.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 am

Our group is getting burned out from the massive amount of gathering quests all troughout 1-3 ranks offline. Most of them are requests tho. >_>

Also got my butt handled by glavenus on abyssal shroom quest, but I'll get my revenge once he has reasonable amount of hp. :p

Somewhat annoyed that all the crafted weapons I can upgrade pale in comparison to 4 flagship monster weapons I can just directly craft. Like, what was the point of upgrading my weapons now then?

Also annoyed at the increasing amount of monsters where it's extremely hard to grab the orange buff, like malfestio, rathian, glavenus.. the crappy insect won't do me any favours here and I need the buffs now and not after extract hunter loads or something. Much fun destroying teo with adept and aerial hammer.

God I need to grind so much lol.

Atm I'm not using striker at all lol. I just don't think it gives me any fancy gimmick but just restricts me from doing the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 2:05 am

I finally beat all the Offline quests that I can get without doing any Online. The Fated Four have fallen.

EDIT: I just got a Talisman with combo Rate +13, Dragon Res +6. I did not know that it could go above +10 on a talisman.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 7:35 pm

lmao yeah that running after dodge can be double edged, but if played right, is very useful, especially since after the dodge, you can direct where the run goes, so im often using that to either double dodge a follow up attack or dodging an atk just to run back in swinging immediately after it lol

course i do have my moments where im like *dodge* haha! now i got you! *runs back in to atk, but then gets swiped away cause the monster followed up immediately* Ahhh you countered my counter, ive been counter countered! XD
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 8:19 pm

akantor hurts, dreadking armor is pretty, heaven's thunder still makes the same whistling sound on swings, <3razorsharp
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Getting help on non-Key quests is so hard.

I'm sitting in a lobby that I made for low rank Glavenus. People run in, see that it is the kill and not the capture quest, and immediately leave...
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 8:13 pm

leveled up dreadking quest to 10, lulu n i duo'd the last 3 levels; i dc'd the on a lvl 10 so i sorta solo'd the dreadking so kinda proud. optic flow strikes again!
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 11:51 am

I finished the final Low Rank quest, so now I only have High Rank online and [Advanced] offline left to do.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Overthrown the Dreadking Lv10 ! Nana and I duo'ed Lv7-10 ; that was a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 7:21 pm

Finishing the last remaining offline solo low rank quests to then dive fully into high rank.

Getting even more excited about the deviants.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:19 pm

The Alatreon has been slain! So much flyin tho
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 5:14 am

I made it to HR5. Doing every single quest available. Mostly solo.

I'm back in my Moofah outfit, now in High Rank flavor.

I also got an award for doing 130 different Combination, and another for 100 Prowler uses. I'll share this, in case people find it useful. They seem fairly obscure.

Picking up and dropping each pig and Moofah also gives you awards, if you are lucky. Not sure what triggers it, but it may be points.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Beat Ala duo with lulu the worst part is the map I don't know how her claw smashes can heal the floors she broke earlier 、ala is one of my fav from tri so I'm glad she's back
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

After around 30-40 charm runs today I get dat sharpnes+5 OOO talis!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 pm

"Hunter! You must deliver 3 wyvern eggs. But beware! There is a powerful wyvern you must avoid for it is too dangerous! So be careful!"

<.<

*manages to hunt and kill the wyvern and comes back, giving the chief the 3 eggs and an astalos talon* you were saying? <.< lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting thread
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next