Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Question regarding affinity Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Question regarding affinity Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question regarding affinity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Question regarding affinity Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 4:45 pm

So I recently decided to try and use the Hayabusa Feather in a set and see what I could do. Not very original or optimized but I am planning to farm Dreadking for armor and made this set to fight him.

Feather plus full Rathalos S for the remainder. I currently am running AUL and Crit Eye+3 for a balls to the wall attack set. For weapon I went with the Shagaru IG and built it for the speed Kinsect with an affinity plus 30 for white nectar.

My question is do all these affinities stack? Basically would I have +30 from CE3 +30 from White nectar +25 from IG for a 85% affinity?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 pm

i believe i read somewhere that it does all stack, but i also seen that getting over 50% affinity starts to dwindle in effectiveness for some reason. Lil dyslexic so i can't recall it all word for word but i do remember the jist of it.

But yeah, it should all stack and would be pretty sweet to combo that much affinity with something like Crit Status lol
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes, they do stack. The overall increase in damage over time doesn't increase as dramatically for 10%-50% as it is for the 60%-100%. A critical hit is 25% increase in that unique hit. So if you have a 200 damage weapon, you would be hitting as if it was a 250 damage weapon.

For the best damage increase, it is better to increase many different attack up skills, instead of going stricktly critical.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 5:47 pm

hey-ho, idk how far ur up to but if u got silver los quest from hub u can use his armor with the crit earrings instead, wut makes critical so good in this ver of MH is critical boost.

also weakness exploiter is 50% increase of affinity also so u can easily get 100% hitting dreadking's face with silver los' set with bewst :D :D
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:19 pm

If you're able too access the Fire Emblem DLC. You can utilize the Hayabusa and get Crit+2, Weakness Exploit and Crit Boost +1 free skill depending on charm.

This set would be better than Dreadking in terms of pure damage output, and isn't very hard to get.

I guess the most annoying part aside from the quest itself is doing Arena: Brachydios for the decorations for Critical Boost.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Good advice all, I am around HR 50 or so and have been working on Dread King armor. If anyone is on and wants to hunt some Silver Los/Hyper Los let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding affinity   Question regarding affinity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding affinity
Page 1 of 1