Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Forum Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 22

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostForum Changes

Hello everyone. I would like to start off by thanking the great Moderators and Admins we have had over the years and express how grateful I am to all the hard work they have put into this forum and making sure it ran smoothly. Next I want to thank all the members we have had and those who have been faithful and steadfast in their love of Monster Hunter on which this forum is based.

A little history:

The MHwiki Forums was created on Friday, August 29th 2008 as a way for visitors to the Monster Hunter Wiki to get together and talk about their favorite game… Monster Hunter! While not officially together both provided a much needed service to fans.
In 2010 with the launch of Monster Hunter Tri in the West I became the new forum owner and the MHWikiForum saw a massive leap in new members (almost tripling the amount who joined from 2008-2010) thanks to the popularity of Monster Hunter Tri. The popularity of Monster Hunter in the west steadily rose over the next couple of years as did the amount of members and active posters on the forum.

Unfortunately ‘all good things must come to an end’. With the move away from individual fan sites for communication and towards more active social media, many forums to include us saw a decrease in active memberships and traffic. Most non-official gaming sites have shrunk down to its core members with little new activity.

Times change and we too must change with it. The question now is, “How should we change?”

While Monster Hunter has always been and will always be the core of this forum, we would like to get your ideas and opinions on things you would like to talk about and do on the forums in the future. The changes won’t be in hopes of attracting more members but to provide more for the members we already have.

Some example:

Ability to post a blog
Sections for all gaming, console/computer/table top games/collectable card games ect..
Other popular culture areas...

Please keep in mind not “everything” that is suggested will happen or is possible but give us your (APPROPRIATE) suggestions and how you think adding it to the forum might be nice.

Thank all of you for your time and being a part of this great forum.
MHWF

Last edited by MHWF on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net

Similar topics

-
» On Sale-MT forum with .com domain[Romanian forum]
» TOwowCN - Suppot forum 3.3.5
» Forum Skin
» Forum Ranks
» TCI Official Forum Ranking System
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Forum Changes :: Comments

Re: Forum Changes
Post on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm by Verity19
May want to try to make that more clear/obvious when you add on things in a post which is in reply to someone, then... I'm sure I'm not the only one who read that as all being directed to me, and the last bits seeming out-of-place and awkward...
Post on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm by MetaMarx
So it's been like a week or so since this new layout and I've made a list of a couple things that I feel should be changed.

Background: the background is way too complex and distracting. It kind of looks like barf. Either change it to something not so complicated or remove the background entirely. Forums look fine with just a basic colour background.

Top page icons: The font on these icons should be changed. You need to look real closely to tell what they're saying. I'd change the colour of the font too. The little white glow isn't enough to make it easier to read. It's still black on grey.

Cat notification icons: You have to look real closely to tell which subforums have new posts when the icons are gifs and when they are the same colour. The cats are a fine idea, but perhaps have a melynx be the no activity icon, and keep the normal cat as the new post icon. Personally, I don't like them as gifs, but the bigger problem here is the colours.

Those are the three big problems I have with this new layout so far. Hopefully by the time a new game comes out and some new folks arrive, it'll look nicer for em.
Post on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am by MHWF
@MetaMarx wrote:
So it's been like a week or so since this new layout and I've made a list of a couple things that I feel should be changed.

Background: the background is way too complex and distracting. It kind of looks like barf. Either change it to something not so complicated or remove the background entirely. Forums look fine with just a basic colour background.

Top page icons: The font on these icons should be changed. You need to look real closely to tell what they're saying. I'd change the colour of the font too. The little white glow isn't enough to make it easier to read. It's still black on grey.

Cat notification icons: You have to look real closely to tell which subforums have new posts when the icons are gifs and when they are the same colour. The cats are a fine idea, but perhaps have a melynx be the no activity icon, and keep the normal cat as the new post icon. Personally, I don't like them as gifs, but the bigger problem here is the colours.

Those are the three big problems I have with this new layout so far. Hopefully by the time a new game comes out and some new folks arrive, it'll look nicer for em.

1. Backgrounds easy enough to change.
2. I cons are a set (from forumotion) and many of the other ones did not look right or would not show. These were pretty much the only ones that were the right size all around. The previous ones we had were not all sized correctly nor did they all show correctly on all computers.
3. You are more than welcome to make different Icons and submit them. Same with forum buttons, background and whatever else.

And remember, if you don't tell me the things you "do" like, I'll just assume you don't like any of it and change it as I see fit.

To everyone: I want you to have the opportunity to have a say in the way some things look and are set up but you will have to accept some changes. Not everyone can be pleased...
Post  by Sponsored content

Forum Changes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Start Here: Welcome to the MHWikiForum :: Member Introduction and Announcements-
Jump to: