Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Who's getting it? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Who's getting it? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who's getting it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 am

So, MH Stories has an official western announcement now. This also means the MH Amiibos will be heading our way as well.

Question is, with this being such a different game than most other MH's released in the west will anyone get it?

In Japan they have quite a few spin off games so stories is nothing new. Here, not so much. Stories will be a chance to see if MH its self is popular or just the game style of the main series...

Any of you planning to get it? Pretty sure I will.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 am

Im a sucker for almost anything MH related... cept Amiibos... Still believe they are a method to cash in by giving incomplete content, then enabling it if you hand over a little bit more money.

If they came free with the game you are purchasing, and then you could cross use them in other games, THAT would be great.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Amiibo = Physical DLC.

Unlike Games such as Assassins creed Black Flag and many FPS' Amiio's do not give anything required to complete a game nor do they signify an incomplete game as again everything they do is just extra stuff that really add no huge difference to the game.

Basically they are "physical" representations of DLC content. Add to that the fact that one ammibo can be used on multiple games (unlike the DLC of most games) to unlock skins, items, characters and so on and their value is quite worth it considering most places have the amiibos at $5-$10.

Also in the Case of the Monster Hunter Amiibos, just a tiny toy figure for MH usually costs $10-$20 dollars. With the Amiibo I get a $10 figure or so that also opens up content in My MH game.... I'm fine with that.

Just my thoughts though.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Been looking forward to this game for quite some time. I don't expect much depth from the gameplay tbh but I'm interested in seeing the MH world explored a bit more and I do generally enjoy the light atmosphere in such games.

As for amiibos, not entirely sure yet. Also depends on what they do in the game. Considering collectibe figures that size usally cost nearly as much I don't mind them too much not sure though if I'll get any MH ones (maybe if there is a bundle with the game)
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 pm

The main reason I play MH is for the gameplay, so without that... I'm thinking I probably won't like it. I'll definitely get it though just to see how good or bad it is.

gonna buy all the amiibos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's getting it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's getting it?   Who's getting it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's getting it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter Stories-
Jump to: