Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Share | 

MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fian

PostSubject: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I have a lot of questions about this, so I figured I would put in one place what I know, and hopefully others can fill in the missing pieces:

Combinations:
Fire Herb + NitroShoom = Gun Powder
Fire Herb + Small Barrel = Barrel BombS
Barrel BombS + Burst Arowana = Barrel BombS+
Gun Powder + Large Barrel = BarrelBombL
BarrelBombL + Scatterfish = BarrelBombL+

Basic use seems to be to put 1 more bombs next to a sleeping mob, run a safe distance away and then set off the bombs for large amounts of damage.

Now my questions:
1. Bounce Bomb and Bounce Bomb+ - are these of any use?
2. How many of each of the different bomb types can you carry?
3. What skills are of use with bombs, and how much of an improvement do they provide?
4. Do you get hurt if you are too close to the explosion?
5. What is the best way for a melee character to set off the bombs?
6. Can you set bombs underwater? Is it practical to do so?
7. Exactly how much damage does each of the bombs actually do?
8. Besides use with sleeping mobs, when else is a good time to set bombs? Can you set them far away, and coax the mob to you like a trap?
Back to top Go down
Frank244
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Im not pro with bombs yet but i start to use them more and more and i begin to really enjoy i will do my best to answer all your questions.

1.I heard those are useful to break wings of alatreon... never seen someone use em.
2.Its different for each kind 2-3 but you can bring mats with you to make more.
3.Bombardier i dont know the exact % of dmg increase but its a lot, for alatreon bomb runs it speed up the run a bit. With that skill the chance of succes on combination of bombs is 100%!
4.Yes, you can kill a new player in hunter armor with the bombardier skill and 2 bomb L+ lol (Sorry Mat)
5.With a paintball!
6.Yes you can and it does the same amount of dmg (i think) i bring some for Ceadeus to break parts in zone 1-2.
7.I dont know you can refer to the gamefaq dmg calculation chart, Rook posted it earlier this week.
8.With some imagination it can be very powerful, like the alatreon speed run i think they kiled him in a minute! Someone posted a vid about it last week i think.

Link to the Gamefaq charts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/59207
Link to the Crazy Alatreon bombing run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i140KCB_D5M&feature=player_embedded#
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:34 pm

You can use small barrel bombs to blow up large barrel bombs. Just wanted to say that since the guy above covered most everything,
Back to top Go down
Brori
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Also the bounce bombs (the small blue ones) act like torpedos under water. the aiming can be a little tuf but there awsome. i never use them on land. A good use is to load up on traps and barrel bombs if you cant sleep the monster. then trap and plant bombs.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 am

Fian wrote:
Now my questions:
1. Bounce Bomb and Bounce Bomb+ - are these of any use?
2. How many of each of the different bomb types can you carry?
3. What skills are of use with bombs, and how much of an improvement do they provide?
4. Do you get hurt if you are too close to the explosion?
5. What is the best way for a melee character to set off the bombs?
6. Can you set bombs underwater? Is it practical to do so?
7. Exactly how much damage does each of the bombs actually do?
8. Besides use with sleeping mobs, when else is a good time to set bombs? Can you set them far away, and coax the mob to you like a trap?

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/monster-hunter-3-f4/bounce-bombs-what-they-do-and-how-to-use-them-t484.htm
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/monster-hunter-3-f4/smoke-bombs-what-they-do-and-how-to-use-them-t483.htm
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/monster-hunter-3-f4/barrel-bombs-what-they-do-and-how-to-use-them-t488.htm

1) See first link
2) Bounce: 10, Bounce+: 10, small: 10, amll+: 10, large:3, large+:3
3)Bombadier is the only real good skill to use with bombs. It makes all bomb combinations 100% so that rocks. Also increase the damae significantly, although I don't have the numbers.
4) Yes
5) Either throw something at it (paintballs are best), or trigger them with small bombs
6) Yes, the best being the bounce bombs as they act as torpedoes under water.
7)
Barrel Bomb S: 20
Bounce Bomb: 20
Barrel Bomb S+: 30
Bounce Bomb+: 30
Barrel Bomb L: 80
Cannon Ammo: 120
Barrel Bomb L+: 150
EZ Barrel Bomb L: 150
Anti-Dragon Bomb: 400

(From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/59207)
8 ) Absolutely. Works great for Barroth, but REALLY good against Uragaan. Drop some Larges or Large+ and let him chin slap them.
Back to top Go down
Fian

PostSubject: Thanks   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks for all of the answers! Anyone else have things to add to this FAQ? Also, I would love to hear about different strategies that are used for bombing runs.

One more thing, where can you farm scatterfish?
Back to top Go down
gojant
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 am

The fastest way Ive found scatterfish is from the sailing boats, the Moga Shallows (2nd fishing area). Send all your ships there, give them fish finders and spend 2 minutes in the moga woods during day, sleep in your room at night. Repeat until the ship returns, send them back out and repeat the process until you have the number of scatterfish you want.
Back to top Go down

MH3 FAQ Guide to Creating and Using bombs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1