Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres 5 3.7 6
Share | 

Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BT Esq
Deviljho

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Wiki says you get these from "high rank quests (6*)". I know I got one the other night from completing "The Thrill of the Hunt", which is only a 5* quest.

Does anybody know which quests have the highest drop/reward rate for these - I think I need about a bazillion of them.
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:57 pm

I would like to know an answer to this as well. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Arelyn530
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm

I've noticed a couple at the quest rewards screen for the 5 star Agnaktor quests.
Back to top Go down
Jinx
Popo

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:41 pm

I think one of the "easier" 5* gives 2 of them at the end but I'm not sure which one lol, I haven't played and I'm tired.

Although that Wiki line always confused me as you get them from 4*+ (higher), so it should say that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:47 pm

From what I understand the wiki shows the most common ways to get get items not the only way.
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 pm

yes, we get that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Probably some of the best ways to get the higher tier armor spheres en masse is to mine them in Volcano. Get a mining party going with Slay 20 Uroktor and go mine. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
greatjaggiviper
Gravios

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Tally wrote:
Probably some of the best ways to get the higher tier armor spheres en masse is to mine them in Volcano. Get a mining party going with Slay 20 Uroktor and go mine. That's about it.

You can't mine Heavy Armor Spheres. Hard Spheres yes, but not Heavy.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm

I supposed I was mistaken then. Thought for sure I had mined those.
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:27 pm

5* Lagi drops hvy spheres. I know 5* Rathalos does not.
Back to top Go down
ShadePawOT
Yian Kut-Ku

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 am

I know I've got some farming the Barioth and Gigginox high rank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkDesiresUnlimited
Kaliam
Yian Kut-Ku

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:51 am

itMFtis wrote:

Can I see any information on this, or is it just speculation from you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/IronBarProductions
Codexandra
Popo

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 am

Just about every 6* quest has a chance in reward for Heavy Armor Spheres
Back to top Go down
Oxy
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 am

The mobs I've gotten them from is 5* los (not the urgent of 4*), lagi, agna, urag, diablos, barioth. All of the 6* quests(not sure about ala, haven't gotten one yet from him). Imo, the fastest way is just to murder urag, I was in a pt that was downing him in 6 mins, with 1-2 heavy spheres each run.
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am

Kaliam wrote:
itMFtis wrote:

Can I see any information on this, or is it just speculation from you?

Why would I come and throw out speculation like that? In over 50 high rank Los runs, I've never received a hvy sphere. In around 30 Lagi runs, I get them every other fight it seems. There is your information.

Honestly I don't believe the guy that said he got a hvy sphere in 5* Los in the previous post. I bet he's confusing it with another fight, no offense.
Back to top Go down
Oxy
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 am

Nope, I have been doing los+ lately and have restocked up on some heavy spheres, with los its more of a rare reward, mebe 1 out of 10ish or so runs. I am someone with the crazy luck of getting rubies in just about every run w/o great luck or ultra lucky cat.
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am

To "answer" my own question - I seem to be having more luck getting them on any 5* or above quest that takes place in the volcano (as a quest reward - not by mining) - but it may be that those are typically the only high quests that anyone wants to do anymore.

Seem to get one or two every other quest or so.
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Since these are the only items I really need anymore, I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anybody had new insights?
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:57 pm

itMFtis wrote:
btw - not true - I know I've gotten them from los.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:59 pm

u can get them in 6* n 5* but 5* have higher chance of hard armor spheres

the "best" way to farm them is to do ala runs because i think she drops them the most commonly.. i've gotten a lot from doing hot deal and double barioth as well

in 5* i most commonly get it from the thrill of the hunt uragaan and the barioth advanced quest

Back to top Go down

Best way to farm Heavy Armor Spheres

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next