Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDK
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Empty
PostSubject: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm a MHFU player, and I would like some help. I have recently been farming Tigrex, and I have become fairly good at it, for example I can kill him in 20 mins tops. But a I need a lot of material for this. On my most recent trapping I used up all of my materials. I need only 2 more fangs to buy the complete armor. But to get these I need to gather, do a slaying quest to burn time, buy expensive items from the vendors, and hope they all combine right. Then I can hunt him, or I can buy the Striped Dragona now. I am a pretty good HH player and I love this thing, I really want it. So:

Full Armor Set:
-26500z
-lot more time to gather/slay/buy
-I'm tired of farming tigger
-I use all my spots for health jewels, so no hearing protection for me...
-need new armor (I use basarios.... Sad by vort )
-useful skills

OR

Striped Dragona
-35000z
-Bad affinity
-Great Attack/note list
-Will be my best wepon by far

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!
Also please explain your reasoning. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 pm

thanks for the info.. although im sure you want a stronger weapon but you may realize that the one you want is just another wasted stepping stone so far and may look for a new one instead. why not choose the armor or better yet, if you want an armor with high grade earplug, hunt the azure rathalos in high rank quests.. besides having att up large and high grade earplug isnt that bad..

also, if you want to craft better weapons, may i suggest that you choose the ones that has rarity 10 on the final upgrades so you wouldnt waste money.

-- new armnor with skills you want, new weapons with possible final upgrades and you may stop hunting tigger for a while.. what more could you want? Yes by vort

read some info regarding weapon trees on the wiki.. good stuff.. good stuff..
Back to top Go down
Eowa
Kelbi
Eowa

PostSubject: none of them   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:35 am

First of all u should not create a weapon with bad affinity, NEVER. And do not create an armor with demonic protection, thats almost the same as bad affinity, even if tigrex equipment looks awesome. u should try to create an other weapon and armor. If you can avoid all monsters attacks then it doesnt matter if u have demonic protection, but if u cant avoid all attacks then u should not create tigrex armor. Thats just my opinion. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Rathalos
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:48 pm

I was thinking about getting Tigrex armour as well once i actually get to killing Tiggy. So before i make any mistakes, what does demonic protection actually do?
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I've currently got the Tigrex armour, it's great. The autotracker is really useful and if you have a weapon with a few slots you can upgrade to earplugs too. Although you get Demonic Protection which can be cancelled with another gem if you have a slot spare.
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:32 pm

you randomly receive 30% more damage from monsters when you get demonic protection so nullify it if you can.. it can be done if you have ucamulbas scales to create gems with protection +2 using only one slot on your armor. you can trigger the divine protection by having 10 skill points on your armor and receive 30% less damage from monsters instead. its also randomly activated and if you hear like a small bell ringing when you get knocked out or damaged, its the divine protection and look at the HP bar that you have less damage than before. perfect for those monsters who has moves that have little chance of evasion like tigrex spinning and naruga tail whip.. of course, there's the evade +2 skill which makes you almost invincible to all monster attacks.. and its better than getting hit. imagine, just rolling your way out head on from a tigrex doing a charge.. now that's something! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?   Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Full Tigrex Armor or Striped Dragona?
Page 1 of 1