Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Share | 

Unlocking more Arena Monsters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tobieth

PostSubject: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi forum~!

I am a seasoned hunter and I enjoy the tri version. It seems most of the things that annoyed me about the first game have been looked at and fixed. Yay monster hunter!

However, the arena is a new thing for me. I can see that there are many unlockables in the quest section, but I have no idea how. Do you need to do all of them within their target times? Advance your offline story? Or just beat them a lot?

If the target time needs to be met, then it'll be frustrating for me, because no matter what I do it seems I cannot kill the Barroth in 6 minutes! Any tips for this?

Thank you forum! Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
Mavi
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 am

You can get new monsters for arenas by catching them.
And as far as I know, I don't really know what beating them in the given time limit does, I've gotten close to it with the G.Jaggi. Only missed it by 3 seconds. T_T
Back to top Go down
Shinri
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I have no clue how to unlock more monsters. I do all my arena fights with my friend.

Time constraints are fairly difficult to complete. I have beat the G. Jaggi by 5 seconds, but I can't get the others even close. I usually beat the Quropeco by 8-10 mins, and the Barroth I have only beat once, and that waqs at 13 min.

Any strategies? I beat G. Jaggi with my friend Hammer/Bowgun combo. But we can't figure out the others.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: dcj91x
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:39 pm

You will automatically start off with three creatures available in arena mode. As you advance in the game and hunter rank more creatures will become available. Play the game and more creatures will be unlocked....
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 pm

What DCJX said. Also, you get a Golden egg if you kill the monster fast. The Golden Egg serves as just a way to get some money. I think its worth... 10 000 z?
Back to top Go down
Tobieth

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Ah, alright thanks guys! I think I have confirmed that catching monsters from capture quests and the like add them to the arena, if they can be added.

Also, I have beaten all of the monsters in their time constraints (it's just super hard, haha) with my brother. For Baroth I suggest that someone guns, as the elemental shells (water + fire) work wonders. Use traps, set up bombs and use every single thing in your inventory to gank the hell outta them before you even think about attacking in a normal manner.

Hope this helps people too!
Back to top Go down
krustabl

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking more Arena Monsters?   Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm

You get new monsters by capturing them, up to Uragaan. after you capture all of the arena monsters up to Uragaan you need to clear them all at least once, this will unlock the last 3 challenges(multiple monsters)
Back to top Go down

Unlocking more Arena Monsters?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1