Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eowa
Kelbi
Eowa

Thank you Points : 0

Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Empty
PostSubject: Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank!   Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:08 pm

I need to clear "Elegy for a lone wolf" to unlock Nargacuga urgent quest, but it never dies. I have been trying to do this quest like 17 times now. I am using "Guardian Sword" LS with attack: 912 with full rathalos with attack up large. I need advice how to clear the quest.!!! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank!   Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:10 pm

basically, the garuga has only 2 annoying attacks.. the scream and the windpress. i understand that you're still in high rank so i'd suggest that you go for the armor skill that has high grade earplug so you can evade most of the time. also, if you're familiar with the attack patterns, try to attack the head as much as possible.. most of your attacks will bounce but the head is the weakest part and most vulnerable. it usually does the charge attack abnormally in rage mode without warning so limit your attacks for at least 2 to 3 hits on the head and dont be greedy.. i always failed the quest that way and pisses me off! lol

use flashbangs and shock traps. never use the pitfall. sonic bombs are hard to come by so save them instead. if you have the time to cut off the tail then go for it. a sign to look for is when the monster will "rest" its ears.. it means it has low hp just like a yian kutku would. dont forget to watch out for the poison tail whip and back flip! yeah, this is a mean monster and if compared to a rathian, id avoid this one first.. no element weakness. you can also try sleep bombing the bastard.. goodluck! :D
Back to top Go down
Eowa
Kelbi
Eowa

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Thanks   Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Zeith wrote:
basically, the garuga has only 2 annoying attacks.. the scream and the windpress. i understand that you're still in high rank so i'd suggest that you go for the armor skill that has high grade earplug so you can evade most of the time. also, if you're familiar with the attack patterns, try to attack the head as much as possible.. most of your attacks will bounce but the head is the weakest part and most vulnerable. it usually does the charge attack abnormally in rage mode without warning so limit your attacks for at least 2 to 3 hits on the head and dont be greedy.. i always failed the quest that way and pisses me off! lol

use flashbangs and shock traps. never use the pitfall. sonic bombs are hard to come by so save them instead. if you have the time to cut off the tail then go for it. a sign to look for is when the monster will "rest" its ears.. it means it has low hp just like a yian kutku would. dont forget to watch out for the poison tail whip and back flip! yeah, this is a mean monster and if compared to a rathian, id avoid this one first.. no element weakness. you can also try sleep bombing the bastard.. goodluck! :D

Thanks. I have full chameleos armor with earplug and dragon windbreaker. That would probably work well. Yes, he is kind of unpredictable sometimes. I hate him :P Mad by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank!   Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice for Yian Garuga High rank!
Page 1 of 1