Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 How populated is Xlink Kai?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tally
Khezu


Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:57 am

About how populated is Xlink Kai on MHFU, and would it be a good idea to play online about halfway through low-rank? (I just farmed Shogun for it's set and I'm about to kill Basarios) Or should I wait until I'm high-rank to start playing?
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo


Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 am

The majority of players are HR9 or so, but you get the occassional group of lower rank players. Generally not below HR3, though.
Back to top Go down
Seb_93
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

it use to be more popular, when i started unite, there was help everywhere, now only about 20 people are online at a time, atleast when i go on. i want to help people but theres no one to help anymore...
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:53 am

Hmm im hr 2 o.O and i'd really appreciate help T_T my attention span cant take the insanely long quests T_T so can anyone explain xlink to me please? D:< and how to get on it? since i dont have a ps3 does that mean i cant go online? O_O i mean i got the dlc but other than that idk
Back to top Go down
Calox
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 am

got it running from germany last weekend and saw ~30 people for mh, all high level. ill buy a ps3 now and check if i find more people to play with.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:27 pm

here is a tutorial on how to set up xlink kai

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

I'm HR 9 but sorry to say i don't use xlink kai, i use ad-hoc party on the ps3 so that's the only way u'll find me lol
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm

@silverneo188 wrote:
here is a tutorial on how to set up xlink kai

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

I'm HR 9 but sorry to say i don't use xlink kai, i use ad-hoc party on the ps3 so that's the only way u'll find me lol

I'm gonna be getting a PS3 soon enough.
Sort of looking forward to hunting with you. (Be prepared for HR6 and HR7 quests)
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Mat086 wrote:
@silverneo188 wrote:
here is a tutorial on how to set up xlink kai

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

I'm HR 9 but sorry to say i don't use xlink kai, i use ad-hoc party on the ps3 so that's the only way u'll find me lol

I'm gonna be getting a PS3 soon enough.
Sort of looking forward to hunting with you. (Be prepared for HR6 and HR7 quests)

don't worry im used to hunting with low ppl, cuz my friends brother is like HR4 or something so i help im a lot lol cuz my friend (also HR9) is too lazy to help his own brother rank up
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 pm

here is a tutorial on how to use ad-hoc party

EDIT:WRITING TUTORIAL NOW

Key notes
  • Need to have a 40GB or higher model PS3
  • Need an ethernet cable to connect your PS3 to the internet (Similar to xlink kai)
  • You will be using your PS3's wifi to connect to you psp (thats why u need a ethernet cable)
  • You need to have a PSN(Playstation Network) account


keep those in mind
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

@silverneo188 wrote:
here is a tutorial on how to use ad-hoc party

EDIT:WRITING TUTORIAL NOW

Key notes
  • Need to have a 40GB or higher model PS3
  • Need an ethernet cable to connect your PS3 to the internet (Similar to xlink kai)
  • You will be using your PS3's wifi to connect to you psp (thats why u need a ethernet cable)
  • You need to have a PSN(Playstation Network) account


keep those in mind

Good, I have all of those.
Just one question, will I have to use the same PSN account for both systems or can I use different ones?

Because I'd rather keep my Japanese PSN account on my PSP and have an Irish one for the PS3.
Then again, I'd gladly use an Irish one on the PSP after MHP3rd is released if I can play it without having to be on my Japanese account. If not, I will just download it anyways, keep my Japanese account, import the UMD and be able to play on all accounts.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Mat086 wrote:
@silverneo188 wrote:
here is a tutorial on how to use ad-hoc party

EDIT:WRITING TUTORIAL NOW

Key notes
  • Need to have a 40GB or higher model PS3
  • Need an ethernet cable to connect your PS3 to the internet (Similar to xlink kai)
  • You will be using your PS3's wifi to connect to you psp (thats why u need a ethernet cable)
  • You need to have a PSN(Playstation Network) account


keep those in mind

Good, I have all of those.
Just one question, will I have to use the same PSN account for both systems or can I use different ones?

Because I'd rather keep my Japanese PSN account on my PSP and have an Irish one for the PS3.
Then again, I'd gladly use an Irish one on the PSP after MHP3rd is released if I can play it without having to be on my Japanese account. If not, I will just download it anyways, keep my Japanese account, import the UMD and be able to play on all accounts.

Ya u can use a seperate psn account (as far as i know) I'm not sure if it's possible to pair with different countries on ad-hoc party, if not then i'd gladly make an irish one so i can join u. But hopefully that wont matter, cuz i have an american PSN account, on my ps3 and psp
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

@silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
@silverneo188 wrote:
here is a tutorial on how to use ad-hoc party

EDIT:WRITING TUTORIAL NOW

Key notes
  • Need to have a 40GB or higher model PS3
  • Need an ethernet cable to connect your PS3 to the internet (Similar to xlink kai)
  • You will be using your PS3's wifi to connect to you psp (thats why u need a ethernet cable)
  • You need to have a PSN(Playstation Network) account


keep those in mind

Good, I have all of those.
Just one question, will I have to use the same PSN account for both systems or can I use different ones?

Because I'd rather keep my Japanese PSN account on my PSP and have an Irish one for the PS3.
Then again, I'd gladly use an Irish one on the PSP after MHP3rd is released if I can play it without having to be on my Japanese account. If not, I will just download it anyways, keep my Japanese account, import the UMD and be able to play on all accounts.

Ya u can use a seperate psn account (as far as i know) I'm not sure if it's possible to pair with different countries on ad-hoc party, if not then i'd gladly make an irish one so i can join u. But hopefully that wont matter, cuz i have an american PSN account, on my ps3 and psp

You'd most likely be able to pair with other countries. Otherwise there would be no point to it. :tongue:

Still, I'm looking forward to getting a PS3, but honestly, MHP3rd has me more excited.
True fact, since a friend of mine and I don't talk alot on the bus in the mornings, I just say "Only [Amount of days] days left until Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is released!"

I've more or less planned out what I'll be doing with it.
Just like I did with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl a few years ago while I was on holidays in Bulgaria.
I had planned my team for months but I never actually got it..
All I remember was that I wanted a Weavile and Electivire. :S
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Mat086 wrote:

You'd most likely be able to pair with other countries. Otherwise there would be no point to it. :tongue:

Still, I'm looking forward to getting a PS3, but honestly, MHP3rd has me more excited.
True fact, since a friend of mine and I don't talk alot on the bus in the mornings, I just say "Only [Amount of days] days left until Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is released!"

I've more or less planned out what I'll be doing with it.
Just like I did with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl a few years ago while I was on holidays in Bulgaria.
I had planned my team for months but I never actually got it..
All I remember was that I wanted a Weavile and Electivire. :S

Nice xD
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Re-opening my Black Gravios rage topic, I finally beat that bastard.
With Narga LS and Ceanataur S armour.
It took about 35 minutes but was well worth it.
Now I'm somewhat raping HR6 Silver Los with Great Nova hammer.
Back to top Go down
GraBug
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:56 am

At original poster, and Haruna. Get XLink Kai, come online, hunt with me! The place is empty mostly of lower ranks, but the few people out there who are lower ranks can band together and hunt at the very least. And besides, if we don't start using it, and hunting on it, then we'll Never get around to getting more people online on it.

So spread the word, and use it. Look for Shardok/Rusty online and hunt with him. I'm HR2 right now, but if I ever feel like finishing the Tigrex quest I'll be HR3. I don't mind doing any quest though, wanna pick some mushrooms in the forest? Sure!

You too Calox! Get on XLink Kai, mainly because I can't setup the PS3 I have to work like everyone else does (No spare ethernet cords)
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:05 am

Mat086 wrote:
Re-opening my Black Gravios rage topic, I finally beat that bastard.
With Narga LS and Ceanataur S armour.
It took about 35 minutes but was well worth it.
Now I'm somewhat raping HR6 Silver Los with Great Nova hammer.
guard up + guard+1 + gunlance.....
Hold R press triangle, press triangle, press triangle, press triangle, when you get yellow sharpness run and sharpen, rinse repeat till dead O_O the real way to fight a black gravios D:


@grabug:im currently hr 7 soon to be 8 o.O and i still dont know how to set up xlink kai and i cant access ad-hoc grrrrrrs
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:39 pm

@haruno wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
Re-opening my Black Gravios rage topic, I finally beat that bastard.
With Narga LS and Ceanataur S armour.
It took about 35 minutes but was well worth it.
Now I'm somewhat raping HR6 Silver Los with Great Nova hammer.
guard up + guard+1 + gunlance.....
Hold R press triangle, press triangle, press triangle, press triangle, when you get yellow sharpness run and sharpen, rinse repeat till dead O_O the real way to fight a black gravios D:


@grabug:im currently hr 7 soon to be 8 o.O and i still dont know how to set up xlink kai and i cant access ad-hoc grrrrrrs

i recently got up in xlink-kai and it was really annoying, i couldn't find anyone to hunt with, so i fired up ad-hoc party and everything was waaay easier
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:43 am

Well, I've received my copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Now all I need is a PSP to play it on. In the interim I'll still be playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Anyways, would you say there might be more players on Ad Hoc than Xlink Kai?
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 pm

@Roon wrote:
Well, I've received my copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Now all I need is a PSP to play it on. In the interim I'll still be playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Anyways, would you say there might be more players on Ad Hoc than Xlink Kai?

xlink right now is not even used for unite, mostly mhp3rd. ull b lucky to find some1 if hr6, they r mostly g
Back to top Go down
GraBug
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm

XLink Kai *is* used for MHFU. However you'll find it under Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. There will be a couple dozen G rank players mostly, and about half a dozen lower rank guys on depending when you get on.

If I'm on (which I haven't been recently, been playing other games), I'm more than willing to hunt with anyone as long as I can hunt with them. Wanna go do some mushroom hunting? Fine with me. Wanna slay a Tigrex or two? Whatever. Wanna fight the Bulldrome event quest? Yummm.... (Note, that quest is awesome)

You'd probably find more players on Ad Hoc, as it's easier to setup, but for those of us without a PS3 we'd love to see you come on XLink Kai and play with us :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How populated is Xlink Kai?   Today at 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
How populated is Xlink Kai?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» How populated is Xlink Kai?
» Adhoc with Xlink Kai
» The Whole Sha-bang!
» Forever the Fifties TS3CC's 1st Aniversary World
» xlink kai derpness

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: