Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help choosing armor Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help choosing armor Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need help choosing armor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

Thank you Points : 0

need help choosing armor Empty
PostSubject: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm

hey there, i´ve completed 2 stars granny quests what armor should i choose ? javascript:emoticonp('Tigrex')
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:46 pm

im such a noob -.-
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Look through the ones available to you. Check out their armour level, element weakness/strength and the skill points. Go for a complete set, you shouldn't really mix and match at this stage unless you know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

thanks for the tip cause i was starting to mix armours Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Hermitaur set   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

is hermitaur set good enough?

it has a pretty decent amount of defense
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

There's no harm in doing it, but generally the armour sets are good because they are designed to work together effectively.

One example of mixing is when you might want to wear a different helmet (usually they are the best for this) that gives a large boost to a certain skill you already almost have, like earplugs. This enables the skill to activate.

Yeah, the hermitaur set is fine, you probably won't keep it for too long anyway before you're ready for your next set, so don't think about it too much. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

err... you've got a long way to go. why not try killing stuff and see what's in store for you in the crafting shop? just to answer your question, you can choose rathalos armor (auto tracker with attack up large) tigrex armor (auto tracker with quick eating-- negate the demonic protection first to nullify the +30% damage) or the rathian armor (plus 50hp and poison negated) the boost in hp really helps in starting any quest if you forgot to go to the felyne kitchen to get some buffs.. or my starting armor the vespoid armor-- good for quest and treasure hunts.
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm

He's nowhere near fighting those monsters yet. Only on the 3 star quests. I believe they are 4 star+ monsters?
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:01 pm

thks alot now i understand how to really get a good set
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: another thing   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm

is the meaning of monster hunter developing all your weapons and armours or just certain ones that you are used to like me im just using a long sword and developing it is this right?
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:13 pm

this is the concept that ive been doutbfull
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 pm

you're partly right on that one.. developing the weapons and armor. i suggest that you read some of the books you can purchase at the store near the crafting shop and then go to the house to read the books you bought. its an in-depth info on most of the things you need to do in the game as well as some tips you can use. monster hunting isnt just confined to crafting weapons and such but understanding the monsters and how to beat them is, using all the stuff you can unlock after beating monsters. its much more fun to play along with your buddies but much more interesting if you have the time to stop by and look at the scenery and all the stuff that's put in the game. frankly, this game is one of the best games produced ever-- timeless. i've been playing it for 3 years now and i havent gotten tired of it! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks ill buy some books as you said ('Tigrex')
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu

Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:57 am

There was a particular armor set that I made that's available very early on and gives max health.

Bullfango Mask
Kut-Ku Chest + Health Decoration
Giaprey Waist

You can put in whatever for the legs and arms. Easiest way to get max health early on and very cheap to do so.
Back to top Go down
Serastroph
Kelbi
Serastroph

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 am

I really suggest the ceanataur armor if you're using a blademaster. Even without gems you will have both the sharp sword skill and Sharpening skill increase.
I used that armor for a long time, but you should always try to wear an armor that is effective against the monster you are planning to fight. For example, the Chameleos set (not for you yet, those are elder dragon missions) will with the right decorations give you high grade earplug, and you naturally get the dragon wind breaker skill. This works really well against Kushala Daora. You also suffer a high increase in terrain damage, but since Kushala doesn't fight in any area that has terrain damage, you'll do fine. Just don't use the chameleos set against Lunastra or Teostra, or their fire aura will kill you in no time. Kushala armor blocks out terrain damage, so using that against them is pure win Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 pm

thanks for the tips as well ill check those out as you said Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:25 pm

i still have the daymio armor and ive unlocked granny quest level 4 should i switch?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:09 am

you can choose any quest you can take as long as you have the necessary items, armor and weapons to clear the quest.
Back to top Go down
Serastroph
Kelbi
Serastroph

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:39 am

As mentioned before, the Ceanataur Armor set really helps you out. Just keep grinding low rank Shogun Ceanataurs until you have a few pieces, and once you start needing legs and pincers, go for the "Commander in the flames" or "Pincers in the sky" quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing armor   need help choosing armor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help choosing armor
Page 1 of 1