Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU concept? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU concept? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MHFU concept?

Go down 
+4
Tally
Hiname
pryomancer
Hey Hey96
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

Thank you Points : 0

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 pm

whats the concept ?

- is it developing and training with all weapons and armoury

-developing only one weapon and training with it

-- your opinion counts --
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

Thank you Points : 1

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 pm

It's to become the ultimate hunter,

You achieve this by becoming an expert with every weapon type, and knowing every single monster intimately. You know how they behave and in what circumstances. You can go an entire fight without being hit, because you know how to read the monster and predict its movements. You also take every opportunity to attack it in the right places, but not be reckless and put yourself in danger.

Monster Hunter isn't a typical RPG, there's no character improvement, as such, the improvement is really on the actual person playing it. An expert player can be given a completely different character, one they've never played, and be just as good as on their own character.
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

So , i should work with every weapon since the begining?
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm

thats a good awnser i think thats the awnser that i was looking for Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
pryomancer
Popo
pryomancer

Thank you Points : 1

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm

I find that I've changed my tastes as I play the game. At first I only used great swords, then I moved to hammers, currently I'm almost always using a longsword. I think the hunting horn might be next. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

oh i see its like changing weapons from time to time beacause our tastes changing thanks for all the info
Back to top Go down
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Even though I might stand alone with that oppinion..

"For me", becomming a great hunter means to be able to defeat everything that crawls or flies out there with your favorite weapon.

Until now, I went rather fine with it. Guild-Rank 6 and 7 Star Nekoth, and I killed everything using a bow. And I dont plan on doing differently now, Silver Sol armor within reach.
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

thats a cool opinion , and its truth , as well we can keep the same weapon the entire game we get used to it
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu

Thank you Points : 57

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:44 am

Well, your character does improve. You gain better armor and weapons, but you don't actually level up, really.

However, player improvement ultimately matters far more than character improvement, yes. Especially since you can't just grind up to some ridiculous weapon just to take out a monster. The only way to improve your character is to tackle monsters progressively harder than what you've handled up till then.

As for expert players learning how to handle any set of equipment thrown at them, this is required for the Training Missions. More or less, these are arena battles where you're stuck with preset equipment and items, and it's just you and that monster, mono a mono.

Monster Hunter is a challenging game that presents to you the thrill of taking down something several times larger than you that could easily snap any normal person without effort. The analogy I use for the scale of many of the fights in this game is if a person were to be lethally assaulted by a declawed cat. You are the cat. The monter is the person.
Back to top Go down
Zeith

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 am

yeah, i agree. you don't gain any exp on doing quests rather, it's you-- the player who gains the tactics on beating the monsters. ranking up is just -- plainly ranking up and unlocking armor/weapons and much harder quests. then you'll never notice you're after completing your own arsenal of baddass weapons and armor! well, completing and showing off your arsenal is just one of the perks hehehe. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am

Well, see it that way.

You go out there and the first thing you are to kill are harmless herbivores that could still tail-whit a "ordinary" person to the ground and them stomp their face. Retards, but those are the majority of the world.

You managed to take them out? Wonderfull, the next challange ahead are carnivores. Lets see how you do against a pack of sentiant-pack hunting Preys and their boss.
Even armes persons should have trouble fighting against a pack of hunters. You might get used to your new armor and weapon fresh from the shop. But youc an easily tell that those predators had plently of time to get used to their teeth and claws.

You survived and still have all your limbs? Well, good, then you might be cut out to develop into a capable hunter. Or maybe a village-guard. Now for the next challange.
Lets see how you do against a small, mostly harmless wyvern.
Uncle Kut-Ku here is declared a wyvern, though his winged relatives are mostly ashamed of that fact and he never gets an invitation to the christmas-gathering.

Still breathing? Not burned to a crispy Velociprey snack? Well then we can call you hunter. Grab your new and shiny kut-ku equipment, there is a big world of stuff that wants to be hunted. Take care of the big things though.

And the next thing you face are things like Khezu, Gypceros and last but not least the king of the sky, rathalos.
Rathalos for example is the first "trial of flame" for any new hunter. Quite literally, so to say. This is the battle that sepperates a young hunter from the future city-guards and those who spend the rest of their lives under their bed with burnings all voer their body, mumbling a single word and living in eternal paranoia of a Rathalos sitting on their roof.

You survived and returned home with a proud trophy. Welcome to the glorious world of true hunters!
From that point on, there is but one border now. Meeting a dragon elder is the rather small deal here... Personally, after seeing a raging Rathalos charging at you with full speed and fire leaking out of his gaping maw, the view of a roaring Kushala Daora is little threatening. And seeing a full grown Chameleos is reason for many hunters to be killed, as they are busy bursting in mindless laughing.
No, the next big border is meeting something several dozen times their size.

Shen Gaoren or the dreaded Lao Shan Lung. Fighting against winged fire breathing wyvern is one thing. Seeing such a huge thing approach the city you are charged defending, knowing that there is only You and Him in a battle for thousands of lives.
Dont tell me there is no reason of chickening out.
A vital part of being a hunter.. the knowlage "and" courage to know that there is not only the eternal strife for your own glory, but also the duty of protection.

Call me crazy, but after spending over 15 years with a passion for RPGs in any way, I tend so see such things a different way then it might be used too. If there is no story, I tend to make my own.
Yes, my hunter has a background. *snicker*
Back to top Go down
Hey Hey96
Kelbi
Hey Hey96

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:40 pm

thats true
Back to top Go down
DarkHazard
Melynx
DarkHazard

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 am

To me, MH is about the creatures. its great that I have to hunt them at all, but i really dont play for the violence (maybe a little). I want to see all the new creatures and how they react to me invading their territory and attacking them.

i also enjoy the variation of goals that can just seem to pop up. for example, right now My goals are (in order):

kill monoblos to get supplies
make monoblos vambraces
fight Loa shan Lung
make Smoldersword
Fight azure Rathalos for armor
Go treasure hunting for Pokke farm
All this for an ultimate goal of killing the hypnotrice.

PS. i like your story Hiname
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kelbi

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm

To me Its a lot of things but i love changing weapons.

Here are my experience levels with weapons out of ten...

GS-----2/10

LS-----2/10

H------8/10

HH-----1/10

SnS----6/10

DS-----2/10

L-------1/10

GL------9/10

LBG-----3/10

HBG-----2/10

B--------3/10

Now How much i like the weapons out of 10

GS------2/10

LS------1/10

H-------9/10

HH-----5/10

SnS----8/10

DS-----0/10

L-------1/10

GL-----8/10

LBG----3/10

HBG---2/10

B------2/10

Personally I just love the thrill of finding all the creatures weak points and flaws. And in dual hunting quests turning the creatures to charge at one another. Plus Hypnocatrice Is easy And I farm the ashen lao shan lung!!! My current equipment is Ceanataur Headaxe Full Hypnocatrice upgraded to 72 and thinking about highrank los armor.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Also, if someone in your neighbor hood has MHFU, it is a perfect chance to get to know some about them. Of course you have to do this via Ad Hoc mode. For instance: Me and by lil brother cant really stand each other, but i showed him MHF and we both got hooked. Its the only thing that we both agree upon. [Me: Heavy Metal; Him: Rap, Etc.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Gian
Melynx
Gian

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 pm

I think it's about determination...
You, as a hunter, have the task to protect really much lives out there.
So, you've gotta hunt, with which weapon doesn't matter, as long as you can kill the monster. With the carvings of that monster, you get a better weapon, to kill stronger monsters.

For me, it's kinda that simple.

But I also love to see how monsters perform their moves, what are their weak points etc. And I looove the feeling of killing that one bloody irritating monster, or your hammer smashing his head. Hmmmmmm....

Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MHFU concept? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MHFU concept?   MHFU concept? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MHFU concept?
Page 1 of 1