Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
uragaan ruby farming 5 1 1
Share | 

uragaan ruby farming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nautilus
Melynx

PostSubject: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am

The options are:

5* regular "the thrill of the hunt" - 1 urag
5* advanced "heroes wanted" - 2 urag
6* "a burnt offering" - 1 urag 1 agnk.

Which quest is best for them considering the time/effect input vs possible ruby output? I've had luck with ian/los ruby with the 6* quests. is it worth to do the extra agnk in the 6* quest (i dont need anything from agnk)?

I've done about 5 of each quests and nothing yet. i try to break jaws and cut tails, but doesnt always succeed. Will aim to have cap guru, cap expert and great luck on my armor.
Back to top Go down
B3y0nd
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:11 am

I thought it would be obvious that the 2 Uragaan quest would yield higher % chance.
Back to top Go down
nautilus
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:12 am

B3y0nd wrote:
I thought it would be obvious that the 2 Uragaan quest would yield higher % chance.

i thought so, but 1 person in the game was saying that the 2 urag quest gives less reward comparing to doing 1 urag twice... so i just want to check before chucking in another few hours of solid farming Smile
Back to top Go down
Wilco
Barioth

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 am

nautilus wrote:

i thought so, but 1 person in the game was saying that the 2 urag quest gives less reward comparing to doing 1 urag twice... so i just want to check before chucking in another few hours of solid farming Smile

It does give less rewards since you get only one reward screen after killing two uragaans instead of two reward screens after 2 solo uragaans, however duo quests have an increased chance on rare rewards, so doing the double uragaan is your best bet for rubies =P
Back to top Go down
dantheman338
Bnahabra

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:21 am

Umm i dunno what that guy was smoking but it's still the same % which ever quest you do, doing the 2 uragaan quest just doubles your chance to get a ruby or anything else you want cause you've fought 2 of them. whether you do 2 uragaans in 2 different quests or 2 uragaans in 1 quest, it still remains the same.

So if your capable of fighting 2 uragaans with ease and you can also find an affective team to help you then i suggest you do the 2 uragaan quest. I personally only do the single one cause i like to have a brief break for what ever reason i need to.
Back to top Go down
Sigma
Jaggi

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:48 am

The burnt offering is by far the best because your chances are actually higher. I actually pulled 4 rubies from 1 burnt offering quest
Back to top Go down
Random
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:53 am

Sigma wrote:
The burnt offering is by far the best because your chances are actually higher. I actually pulled 4 rubies from 1 burnt offering quest

Damn. affraid

Maybe i should do that quest sometime.
Back to top Go down
Rad
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 am

With 4 GS you could probably cut the tail off in a matter of minutes, especially with the help of a Shock Trap. Abandon if you don't get the Ruby; Die three times if you do.

Probably not the most practical solution seeing as finding 4 people who need nothing but Rubies is annoying - but a suggestion none the less.

Although... those Five Star quests offer a lot of chances to get rare items. I've gotten as many as 3 Rathian Rubies at once from double trouble, and it doesn't seem uncommon for stuff like that to happen.
Back to top Go down
nautilus
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:37 am

So:

Wilco thinks the 2 urag quest > 1uragx2
dantheman reckons 2 urag = 1urag x2
sigma suggests 1 urag+1 agnk > 2 urag or 1urag x2

hmm, mixed opinions here... but doesnt answer my question :@:
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:53 am

if ya want the ruby in a quickest way, use my tail cut farming method. Take traps, sever tail, carve, abandon if no ruby.

I know this task can be more difficult on gaan since his tail is among the toughest to take off. So something goof for that is to bomb it 1st, then hack like mad. Cutting has almost nothing to do with how many times you hit it, just how much dmg it can take, but still needs at least 1 cutting hit to sever. So, bombs away! Real Happy
Back to top Go down
Sigma
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 pm

jcnbuck5 wrote:
if ya want the ruby in a quickest way, use my tail cut farming method. Take traps, sever tail, carve, abandon if no ruby.

I know this task can be more difficult on gaan since his tail is among the toughest to take off. So something goof for that is to bomb it 1st, then hack like mad. Cutting has almost nothing to do with how many times you hit it, just how much dmg it can take, but still needs at least 1 cutting hit to sever. So, bombs away! Real Happy

This is actually a very good way of farming, I helped a friend do this for the los plate and he had 3 within 15 mins, cause each run only took maybe 30-60 secs. Of coarse the gaan tail will take longer to come off, but the idea is the same.
Back to top Go down
dantheman338
Bnahabra

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 pm

jcnbuck5 wrote:

Have to admit, this is pretty much a better way of going about it, pretty much almost the same method people use to get the Majestic Horns from diablos.
Back to top Go down
nautilus
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 pm

jcnbuck5 wrote:

oh, didnt know that the tails can be bombed Smile urag's tail surely is the hardest to cut IMO, it takes a gazillion cuts, waves up and down a lot so you miss some hits, and he turns around way too often. i will try the bombing strategy on tail.

Question is through, i have great luck and capture expert, and these should improved my ruby chances in the reward if i complete the quest. so maybe it is better for me to do the full quest? having said that, I've just done about 10 more urag with no ruby luck (did get a +7 attack 2 slot talisman so i am happy).

The biggest question is still, which quest is best for urag rubies??
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Burnt Offering (gaan/agnak) has ridiculous high ruby/gem/stone drop percentage (as do all the other 6* double hunt quests).

Done.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:32 pm

id say the double 6:star: quests would be best, two carve chances at tail if you cut them. I'm pretty sure 6:star: double quests do give higher chances at rubies, it be fair since your fighting two things and want the same chance as fighting 2 separate ones.

For quest chance, id say 6:star: doubles.

For just the ruby in general, trap, bomb, sever, abandon if no ruby.
Saves traps, epicly better as even though there is less of a % of getting it, you can do it extremely faster than you can doing the whole quest.

Taking a maximum of 5 mins to cut and carve a tail and end compared to a minimum of 20 mins to fully defeat it.

4 chances of 3% carve compared 1 chance at 3% carve and 1 chance of about 3% at rewards? .... yeah obvious to see which is better. Remember, carving pro/felyne carving helps loads here Real Happy
Back to top Go down
nautilus
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: uragaan ruby farming   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:29 pm

jcnbuck5 wrote:
id say the double 6:star: quests would be best, two carve chances at tail if you cut them. I'm pretty sure 6:star: double quests do give higher chances at rubies, it be fair since your fighting two things and want the same chance as fighting 2 separate ones.

For quest chance, id say 6:star: doubles.

For just the ruby in general, trap, bomb, sever, abandon if no ruby.
Saves traps, epicly better as even though there is less of a % of getting it, you can do it extremely faster than you can doing the whole quest.

Taking a maximum of 5 mins to cut and carve a tail and end compared to a minimum of 20 mins to fully defeat it.

4 chances of 3% carve compared 1 chance at 3% carve and 1 chance of about 3% at rewards? .... yeah obvious to see which is better. Remember, carving pro/felyne carving helps loads here Real Happy

thanks. i will give the burnt offering a go. just to clarify, there is only 1 urag and 1 agnk in the 6* quest, not 2 urag Smile so hope i get the rubys, as i have well over 20 wyvern stones!

for urag, it has taken us on average about 6-8 minutes to cut tail and 10 minuts to capture. we had 2 hammers 2 cutters.
Back to top Go down

uragaan ruby farming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1