Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Your most memorable experiences.... 5 1 1
Share | 

Your most memorable experiences....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
will_121
Bullfango

PostSubject: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 2:36

This has been the most memorable experience for me............

Fighting Barroth for the first time, with the worst Swax possible - Boneaxe - and it was an epic fight lasting the full 50 minutes. Every hit bounced of him unless it was on his stomach. In the last five minutes I'd fainted a second time, ran back to Area 3, couldnt find him. Spent around 4 minutes looking for him, then I find him drooling. He limps over, then starts digging his hole and just as his tail is about to disappear, I manage to smack it, and his body flys up from the earth......dead

So what are yours???
Back to top Go down
B3y0nd
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 2:47

For this very reason I say weapons actually downgrade as you rank up Real Happy
Either that or monster gets more HP...
Make each fight take more skill
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: Vortiene
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 2:59

Killing diablos without using a potion, since it was when i was used to fighting at best 5 star difficulty rating monsters (no jho or jhen or alat yet) and I was really good at dodging his moves. My team that time caught him in a loop of sonic bombs so he could never escape us when he had no stamina left, and we beat him really quickly. Everyone was like OWNED when we got back to town. Fun kill.

Also, beating alatreon in like 10 minutes the second time I killed him, we sleep bombed like champs that time.

Also today for the first time beating jho without ever getting hit by his infernal friggin dragon breath. Getting A rank on an arena quest for the first time on the brute/bird wyvern match. Almost S-rank too and I had never used a lance before until that arena battle LOL
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Minako
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 4:37

My most memorabe experience in MH just happens tonight.Soorry Rook ^^

Tonight somehow i managed to found Rook for the first time. I was so happy and honor to play with the High, great, terrible, sooo powerful and legendary ROOK!(* crouds claping hands*)I was shacking in all my body.So nervous to play with him. And naturally the hunt was nothing more then the event dual Jho. What a start with that legend ROOK (* crouds whisle and clapping again.)

So quest started when i realize,«OMG! i forgot my wetstone!!) My legs were shaking off.
ROOK(*crouds gets crazy whisling, claping and screamin*) looks so calm and powerful with his Gaan armor.Anyway it was to late to turn back. The only things i wanted is...dont die minako,hes watching you.

But Tadam! ROOK died twice affraid affraid yes yes yes ladys and gentlemen...the great ROOK dies twice on our first met online hehe

sorry ROOK ^^
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 4:48

my most memorable experience ... when i solo'd the Rage Match event Real Happy
Back to top Go down
Zolin
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 4:53

minako... he is still watching..... lols...

anyway, my most memorable experience... a bad one jus happen on sat night.

I took my wiimote to my frd house and we were playing offline arena together for the whole night.. next morning, i went back home, boot up wii, put monster hunter tri disc, load game, load save file, go offiline. i went into my rm and spoke to the cat to collect all my coins we hunt for the whole night.. and when i choose wiimote option, following show up..

"The wiimote contain either no data or corrupted"

... ... ...... affraid affraid affraid ....

i was there "WTF!!! where is my coins!!! hey u cat.. u betta giv mi all my coins back. dun u dare to steal it!!!"
Back to top Go down
Silveo
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 6:42

Mine was---I may have stated this story this before. I did to someone...I don't remember...lol....anyways...

Mine was my first fight with Barioth. None of the other monsters move like him so it was really unexpected. I kept up with him for a few minutes but after awhile, It seemed as though I were simply setting up my health only for it to be smacked right down again, again, and again. I got some hits it throughout the fight, of course, but I honestly thought it was all gonna lead to an inevitable loss. So we were in one of the wide outside areas and I had the subquests done...I thought that I'd have to finish on subquest for the first time. It was my last life, I only had less than five minutes left, and I was out of potions. Not only that, but I only had a small fraction of health...Barioth could've offed me at any time. So I ran for the camp until I panned my camera around to watch for him--ya know, make sure he didn't get any "shoot you in your arsh while you run" hits in. Instead, I look to find him actually limping away. In my head, I'm thinking. "Dang....I still can't finish him no matter what....too bad.....WAIT. I can CAP IT!!!! CAPP IIIIT WHOOOO!!!!"

So I paintball it before it goes off, follow and reach its area to find it sleeping, then I planted a shock trap near it. But it was too far to catch him! So I had to wake him up and wouldn't ya know it, he frikkin ran and trounced EVERYWHERE but the friggin trap. I did so many saving throws my character's ribs must've snapped 9001 times over. then FINALLY it jumps into the trap. I panned for my tranqs, and threw them. "TRANQ!!! TRANQ!!!! WTF TRANQ!!!!" I thought until the camere suddenly went all dynamic on me. As the victory tune played, I just sat there wide-eyed...before I frikkin roared. I friggin roared, peeps. I was so happy I beat that thing under those circumstances that I saved and rage-quit out of happiness. Wiimote smashing and all.

Not only will that be a memory of MH3, but of my who VGcareer. Its way up there now right under my Melee Giga bowser no life-loss pwnage and my hellish X6 unarmored pea-shot run......

Glory to video games. cheers

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe this was the first time I had to use three tranqs for a monster. I was always told it was possible by a friend of mine but that moment scared the ever-living crap outta me. lol
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Deviljho

WiiU ID: JDubsXX
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 8:30

Mine too was a Barioth.

After a long hard night at work, I came home. Turned on the Wii to get some Rage- Killin in b4 bed. I needed a Barioth Claw+ to complete my Mutilator GS. Barioth+ being one of the more intimidating Mobs (IMO), I went in expecting to have my ass handed to me- especially since that claw was the last Mat I needed for that GS. I guarded almost everything he threw and he barely even touched me. We downed his ass in record time (for me at that time).

Made the Mutilator, went to "Show It" to Peco+ (Evil Cackle, Evil Cackle), and in the process, got my 1st Jho Talon! Then made the P Talon. That.......was a good day!
(Cue the guitar line from Bad to the Bone) B B B B Bayad..
Back to top Go down
Haruko
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 11:53

Mine's actually pretty recent. I've been doing a lot of Jhen quests lately just because I really like the mechanics of that particular fight. So I'm in the final showdown and he's getting ready to bodyslam. I'm using an undertaker and had just finished firing a cannon blast, so there's really no way I'm getting out of the bodyslam. So I'm sitting there thinking, "Screw it!" and stab him with my lance just as he's coming down, which turns out to be the KILLING BLOW! I was so happy I screamed, single most epic moment ever... killing an elder dragon head on with a lance strike ^^
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:06

Minako wrote:
My most memorabe experience in MH just happens tonight.Soorry Rook ^^

Tonight somehow i managed to found Rook for the first time. I was so happy and honor to play with the High, great, terrible, sooo powerful and legendary ROOK!(* crouds claping hands*)I was shacking in all my body.So nervous to play with him. And naturally the hunt was nothing more then the event dual Jho. What a start with that legend ROOK (* crouds whisle and clapping again.)

So quest started when i realize,«OMG! i forgot my wetstone!!) My legs were shaking off.
ROOK(*crouds gets crazy whisling, claping and screamin*) looks so calm and powerful with his Gaan armor.Anyway it was to late to turn back. The only things i wanted is...dont die minako,hes watching you.

But Tadam! ROOK died twice affraid affraid yes yes yes ladys and gentlemen...the great ROOK dies twice on our first met online hehe

sorry ROOK ^^

Ya that sucked. But it was very fun, and I'm glad I finally got to hunt with you. Next time just tell us, we will give you whetstone Smile
Back to top Go down
Psiwri
Rajang

WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:18

Doing offline Gobul hunt urgent on my gunner.

It was a nightmare. Neutral

There was about 4 minutes of quest time left, paint ball runs out at the wrong time and I lose him. Hadn't even seen a limp or anything yet.

Finally find the big-mouthed jerk in zone 8 (was long past anything but normal shots by now) and he finally croaks with under 2 minutes left.

I need to learn how to solo with a gunner properly... heck lots of gunner things to learn.
Back to top Go down
will_121
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:24

Hmm I fail at gunning, too much rolling and aiming..

And its nowhere near as satisfying than smacking a huge combo in a monsters face...
Back to top Go down
ICEing
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:30

Anytime that Rook dies, he really let himself die because he was banning someone on the forums Smile
Back to top Go down
Trilroy
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:35

lol, either that or he just wanted to add some dramatic effect. Way to go Rook, keeping things interesting :P
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:39

Trilroy wrote:
lol, either that or he just wanted to add some dramatic effect. Way to go Rook, keeping things interesting :P

EXACTLY! When the threat of failure hangs over your head you tend to do better. I was just setting the Rage match up to be an epic fight that's all. I figured Minako would appreciate that.

...or something.
Back to top Go down
will_121
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 12:41

hehe im sure you did..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dragnil
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 13:15

You just can't have an epic match without having that fear of "If I die one time everybody will hate me."
Back to top Go down
will_121
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 13:42

Dragnil wrote:
You just can't have an epic match without having that fear of "If I die one time everybody will hate me."

I agree with you fully.....

Whats worse is when you get knocked down by R.Luddie, he just can't stop spamming his charge and stupid side-roll.....

Back to top Go down
ICEing
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 14:10

Rook wrote:
Trilroy wrote:

EXACTLY! When the threat of failure hangs over your head you tend to do better. I was just setting the Rage match up to be an epic fight that's all. I figured Minako would appreciate that.

...or something.

Yes this
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Yian Kut-Ku

WiiU ID:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable experiences....   Mon 19 Jul - 16:24

Rook wrote:
Trilroy wrote:

...or something.

Epic reply of Epic win!
Back to top Go down

Your most memorable experiences....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next