Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!

Go down 
+5
nasalsniper312
cadack1096
Yamatsu
Rathalos
Zeith
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

Thank you Points : 0

pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Empty
PostSubject: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:39 pm

for noobs and experienced hunters, please post your tips and tricks on elder dragons here. i may know a thing or two but i want to know if there are other ways to slay these bastards swift and easy..

any elder dragon will do.. tips on elemental dragons is greatly appreciated. thanks! XD
Back to top Go down
Rathalos
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Poison cuts out an Elder Dragon's aura, should they have one. Lunastra and Kushala are ones i KNOW have that weakness. Usually theyll provide you with poison throwing knives from the blue box.

To block out any Elder Dragon's special abilities eg. Chameleos's invisibility or Kushala Daora's wind aura, you can break their horns to negate it at least temporarily. To get rid if it entirely, you need to weaken the dragon by about... 60/70% HP before you can cut off its tail. Once the tails off, they no longer have their special attacks.

Also, Elders tend to be very vulnerable along their sides, because theyre rather long bodied quadrupedal animals. Although hitting the head, like in most monsters, does the most damage per hit, youll find the most opportunities arise for hitting the sides.

If theres a specific bomb their weak against, normally provided by the box, use it when theyre just taking off, or in the case of chameleos, when its doing its really trippy tail thing that knocks you over. Theyll be stunned enough to leave you some good attack opportunities.

Though im still a low ranker. Lunastra and Teostra are posing a real hassle because of their rediculous speed and attack power. And how i always end up running out of Cool Drinks.

Oh and one last thing. In the long run, elder dragons are the easiest to kill of all monsters. From what i know, they dont regain their health, no matter if you win or lose the quest. So if you cut off its tail one quest, then die 3 times and fail it. Take the quest again and itll still have no tail, and be at whatever HP you died at. For first attempts on a new elder dragon, its normal to take maybe 2 to 3 quests to beat it. Even then, youd only make it retreat to a new area eg. Kushala flees to the jungle. At this point they should be rather weak anyway, so if youve practiced enough, taking that 2nd quest should be the killing quest.
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Zeith   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:55 am

thanks dude! no i mean really.. you can cut off the tail at 70-60% hp?? i also didnt know that cutting off the tail can nullify special their ability. i always aim at the horns just to knock off the wind aura or the fire aura of both fire dragons. i use fire element on chameleos to break off it's horn using dual blades.. it's faster for me that way..

yeah, i get the sonic bomb for elder dragon chameleos but i cant seem to hit it so i run out of sonic bombs before i even see it flinch. is there a spot where i can throw sonic bombs and hit it 100%?also i encountered kushala, i managed to slay it under the 25 minute mark using true mizuha armor and wyvern blade with poison elem from the G weapons.. but that's just one time and i can't do it anymore. that's the jungle area, and with relentless attack from all sides i can slash but teostra's just plain overkill. there's no way i could beat it in one encounter although i saw one in youtube do a speed run and manage to slay it under 13 minutes using final rajang armor, king diablos blade and using felyne heroics! that's just insane.. unfortunately he had to cancel the heroics as the fire aura is eating up his remaining hp by 2% but his main focus of attack is the head.. just getting the GS charge timing is difficult but heroics?? no way..

is there anyone here that has tips on kirin? keep em coming guys!
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Zeith wrote:
thanks dude! no i mean really.. you can cut off the tail at 70-60% hp?? i also didnt know that cutting off the tail can nullify special their ability. i always aim at the horns just to knock off the wind aura or the fire aura of both fire dragons. i use fire element on chameleos to break off it's horn using dual blades.. it's faster for me that way..

yeah, i get the sonic bomb for elder dragon chameleos but i cant seem to hit it so i run out of sonic bombs before i even see it flinch. is there a spot where i can throw sonic bombs and hit it 100%?also i encountered kushala, i managed to slay it under the 25 minute mark using true mizuha armor and wyvern blade with poison elem from the G weapons.. but that's just one time and i can't do it anymore. that's the jungle area, and with relentless attack from all sides i can slash but teostra's just plain overkill. there's no way i could beat it in one encounter although i saw one in youtube do a speed run and manage to slay it under 13 minutes using final rajang armor, king diablos blade and using felyne heroics! that's just insane.. unfortunately he had to cancel the heroics as the fire aura is eating up his remaining hp by 2% but his main focus of attack is the head.. just getting the GS charge timing is difficult but heroics?? no way..

is there anyone here that has tips on kirin? keep em coming guys!

Yes. Unless you have ESP, aim for Kirin's head. Even though it may seem like there aren't, tere are times when Kirin will just...
Stay there...
Use this time to beat the crap out of its head. Also, for Chameleos, throwing a Smoke Bomb in the area he's in will make him visible for a bit. If he enter's the smoke's radius, that is.
Back to top Go down
Rathalos
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Kirin was the easiest elder dragon for me. Yeah, as stated, aim for the head. Swords bounce everywhere else. Also, most of its high damage attacks are lightning strikes so bring some thunder resistant armour or some decorations that increase thunder resistance. And also, its not particularly weak against anything, so bring whatever has the highest raw damage output with ya. Preferably if it has the ESP skill. The Mirage Finsword and its upgrades are really useful for this fight.

When kirin does this thing where it scrapes the ground and just stands there, GO ALL OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Preferably with a full spirit gauge if ye use a LS. You wont get a better opportunity to strike than this.

Also, the box gives you large bombs. Id reccommend sticking to smaller barrel bombs because they go off anyway, so you dont have to try and lure it into position for it to use an area attack and detonate it. What usually ends up happening is that it lightning strikes you before you can get away from planting it, and you get caught instead of it.

One of the most annoying attacks that kirin has however, is when it charges in a zig-zag kinda way. Not sure whether its supposed to be almost impossible to dodge if its coming at you, or if its just my carelessness, but i always ALWAYS seem to get hit by it if im in its line of sight.

Id also reccommend learning its actions before each of its attacks. You can tell whether its going to do one around itself, kind of around itself, and in a straight line in front of it, or even the one that targets you specifically, based on the sound or how long it rears up for. I cant recall the specifics on this one.

Also, that one attack that Kirin has that targets your precise location. You can see its about to happen if the ground under you glows. If ye catch that, just roll and sprint for a bit and youll be fine.

Anything else... I dunno. Thats all i have for kirin right now.
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:44 pm

thanks for the tips rathalos! although, i do use ESP and abnormal status attack up for the sleep bombing technique, it's quite true that you mostly have to run to him to sink in some serious damage but that's just one of the main problems i want to solve. it really pisses me off when he goes too far and then does the stupid-dazed off thing and stands there wasting my chances of getting even. i usually bring a friend along using GS and i use the sleep bombing. once i put the damn horse to sleep, we both plant some large barrel bombs+ and GS charge the head. kaboom.. retribution is how i put it..

yeah, about the zig-zag gallop you can try standing still or just roll using the same direction kirin will go coz it will eventually go the opposite direction once it lands. i saw a one hit kill on kirin using adrenaline +2 with felyne heroics after putting it to sleep. i like the idea but you need a buddy to do that..

il try the smaller barrel bombs. it's a longshot but if it works then it's good. im currently completing kirin armor just for bragging rights hehe 8)
Back to top Go down
cadack1096
Seltas Queen
cadack1096

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Also, give your felyine the dragon atribute when you are hunting chamelos to break his horn if you arent using a dragon atribute weapon already, it breaks the horn every time. Tigrex

Last edited by cadack1096 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm

chameloeos- focus on hind legs+tail with DS or LS, Head with hammer(preferably dragon destroyer line) GS doesn't matter really, bow and bowgun obviously rapid+peirce head on, scatter on side. Noobs can clust spam 4 easy win+learning his attacks

Teo/Luna- basically each are the same monster, focus on the sides+head. Hammer is amazing against them. Flash bombs are impportant in the beggining use em

kirin- gunhammer totally owns him, and you can hit almost anywhere and still smack the head.
GS is probably not great, he's wayyy to fast, use it if you want though. bowgun, pellet!!! PELLET!!! seriously it destroys him. any other wep focus on the head, and ESP is your freind here.

kushala-black bow or simialar weapons are really good. LS is great 2. Flashes are importyant. Focus on hind legs+tail. flash him in the air 4 a knockdown

Fatalis- Dual dragon ultimas or w/e your highest upgrad of that line is very useful. when hes in the air run circles around his shadow, it helps to avoid the fireball. Bowguns-peirce is extremely useful
Bows-the only bow i would suggest ios akantor with capacity up and adreniline+2. GS will work with high element and attack, but generally only for expeirenced ppl. Remeber Fata takes much more damage from element than raw

crimson fata-same strategy

white fata- same strategy until armor mode, then gem in alchemy so you can carry 22 bomb, 10 lbb+, 12 lbb, also clust spam can help get you through armor mode. BTW gutsskill save you quite a bit.

most importantly LEARN THERE MOVES. through experience youll be able to own them
Back to top Go down
Yatz
Kelbi
Yatz

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 am

:D 1st you nid a weapon and armor has a rarity of 4 or 5 and then try to bring some items that might nid for you quest.............[img][/img]pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! 147_display. when you are in the quest try to hit the mosnter in the head or charge your weopon to increase the damage.... :o
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 am

:lol!:

i woulda quoted you but its a pretty big post
Back to top Go down
Yatz
Kelbi
Yatz

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:24 am

I'm sorry about that! :D what kind of elder dragon you want to slayed huh?? by the way I'm from MHFU I'm a Hgh rank. HR:5 :evil:
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:27 am

I'm Hr9 working on full fatalis Z, so I guess white fata, I was postin to help peoples
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 pm

nice post Yatz! :cheers:

anyways, im now trying to defeat teostra G rank using gunlance with full kushala armor Z. i need to fill up the rest of the weapon mastery chart and i think, for the longest time... i suck using it. really now, how would they find rajang easy to pawn using that over-rated over-sized weapon and so slow?does anyone know how to fight teostra using gunlance? i know i can use other weapons but man... this is interesting.

hope to hear from you gunlance users! :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm

hmm..? still no reply from gunlance hunters.. anyway, i recently use hunting horn as my main weapon. i just want to ask if there's a hunting horn that can be the overall choice in the game? i mean, something that would really stand out from all hunting horns and really useful in any quest even in hunting parties or on solo? i just got the hang of fighting monsters while in recital mode! yeah, sounds like a joke but it's true. still waiting for those gunlance users' replies though. am anxious to know great tips! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 pm

IDK about gunlances on elder dragons, buit give a day or two and i'll some techniques out and get back to ya with em. k?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Garzyan
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:55 am

i likw Gunlance on chameleos. using the haku set for guard up and guard inc..
for sonic bombs to work on him you need to use it while you can see him.

you proberly know this but white fatalis can be paralyzed and sleept. so you can bomb the shit out of him :p

shen gaoren is the easiest elder dragon, for me. a bowgun and then just aim for his head and he will keep falling non stop plus its much more nice than being hit by the quake thingy all the time as a melee user.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Sorry for the delay. I was currently working on something else other than searching out the right techniques for GL on Elder Dragons. Okay here's at least one dragon for ya. Kushala. Best GS to use against this beast in anything with a longshot, as to get by its wind aura that constantly knocks you down. Unless of course you have wind press, then it doesn't really matter. A poison attribute will also help in this situation.

...um, ill come up with a good set of armors and skills later tonight and post tomorrow. Again, sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
cadack1096
Seltas Queen
cadack1096

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I belive this is how to gunlance well, although its not against elder dragons...
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:20 pm

My Yama tactics.

Armour Set:

Hermitaur Z helm
Hermitaur X plate
Hermitaur X arms
Hermitaur X waist
Hermitaur Z legs

gemmed to give Guard +1, Guard Inc., Bombardier and Def+20.

Weapon: Dragonsealer:Virtue. (Null would be better though)

The guard skills are self explantory. Block his attacks, then in his 'downtime' between them poke him a few times. Bombardier allows you to get the most out of the AD bombs. The only attack that can break your guard is his spin one, which seems to hit the shield a random number of times. Of course, Power/Mega juice removes even this.

If with friends, it is possible to counter the 'Hoover' attack. If you use a lifepowder and it affects before the player in the attack hits the ground, it heals them and they don't die.

Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm

THANK YOU GUYS!!!! i thought asking about gunlance tips on elder dragons was useless to begin with. i mean, them dragons sure move a lot and it's hard to attack constantly but thanks for the tips! who would've thought that using life powder would actually save a comrade after taking a KO hit? cool!

PLEASE KEEP 'EM COMING! i'm not used to reloading while evading and i'm taking in serious hits right now. i'm using the DragonGunlance "Emblem" with lvl 5 shelling. beating g rank teostra with this is just frustrating. me and my buddy both use the same weapon and trying out some moves.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Garzyan wrote:
shen gaoren is the easiest elder dragon.

Wait, what.

Last time I checked Shen Gaoren was a Capraceon.

But yeah, it is fought like an elder dragon.

XP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!   pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pls post your tips n tricks for elder dragons here!
Page 1 of 1