Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips on getting Rathian Plates?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Empty
PostSubject: Tips on getting Rathian Plates?   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

I've taken the dual Rathian/Rathalos 6* quest around 5 or 6 times now and I still have no plate. Yet I managed to get 4-5 'Ian spikes and 2 'Los wings.... 8I
Any tips on getting plates? I always cut off the tail and carve it. Yet no plate. Asdf! >:O
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Zeith   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 am

i believe you can only get the plates from the normal colored rathalos and rathian. capture one and then slay the other. you're on the right track but just to be sure, level up your hunter rank to increase your chances of getting more rare items. also break everything (head n wings) and yes, cut the tail off.. it also helps if you have felyne dismantle (hi) before heading out.
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Zeith   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:37 am

i forgot to mention there's a quest on the high rank where you can find the quest titled "The Two Queens" in the great arena. it's a pink rathian and a normal one. i'd aim for the normal one first coz it does more stampede charges on you than the pink one (if i recall correctly) anyway, this is the quest you should be looking for to get the plates easier and practice throwing flashbombs to blind both of them.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Tips on getting Rathian Plates?   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 am

Zeith wrote:
i forgot to mention there's a quest on the high rank where you can find the quest titled "The Two Queens" in the great arena. it's a pink rathian and a normal one. i'd aim for the normal one first coz it does more stampede charges on you than the pink one (if i recall correctly) anyway, this is the quest you should be looking for to get the plates easier and practice throwing flashbombs to blind both of them.

Thanks for the tips.
I've reached HR5 now and fianlly beat Nekoht's Narga Urgent quest so my chances of getting plates from a high rank Rathian would be higher.
Back to top Go down
Eien
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on getting Rathian Plates?   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Fastest way tp get Rathian plates:
Glint of moonlight quest from Nekoht.
Get in, chop her tail off, carve (takes me approx. 2 mins quest time with true devil slicer)
1. If you do not receive a plate, abandon and retry.
2. If you get a plate/ruby, you can either finish her off or die 3 times. :D
Simple.

Reason why I choose that quest is cause you don't have to walk far to get to her (Ian's only 1 area away) so it saves you the most time overall.
It helps if you have the armor skill carving celebrity which gives you 2 carves on tails,
or felyne dismantle [hi] like Zeith said.

Or you could always go the traditional way and hunt them relentlessly. I know I don't have the patience since Ian fights tend to be boring. More of a chore really. Guess I've hunted one too many Ian's recently. :P

PS: Regular green rathians give 12% plates on tails, where gold rathians give only 10% (Upper Rank HR4-6) so it's entirely up to you which quest you want to take.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Tips on getting Rathian Plates?   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:43 am

Eien wrote:
Fastest way tp get Rathian plates:
Glint of moonlight quest from Nekoht.
Get in, chop her tail off, carve (takes me approx. 2 mins quest time with true devil slicer)
1. If you do not receive a plate, abandon and retry.
2. If you get a plate/ruby, you can either finish her off or die 3 times. :D
Simple.

Reason why I choose that quest is cause you don't have to walk far to get to her (Ian's only 1 area away) so it saves you the most time overall.
It helps if you have the armor skill carving celebrity which gives you 2 carves on tails,
or felyne dismantle [hi] like Zeith said.

Or you could always go the traditional way and hunt them relentlessly. I know I don't have the patience since Ian fights tend to be boring. More of a chore really. Guess I've hunted one too many Ian's recently. :P

PS: Regular green rathians give 12% plates on tails, where gold rathians give only 10% (Upper Rank HR4-6) so it's entirely up to you which quest you want to take.

Ironically, I got a plate from Gold Ian before reading this message. XP
So I have 2 now.
I just need a Rathalos Plate now for Corona and a Rathiam Ruby for Golden Falchion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on getting Rathian Plates?   Tips on getting Rathian Plates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on getting Rathian Plates?
Page 1 of 1