Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
THE PIG WORKS 5 2.3 3
Share | 

THE PIG WORKS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HonsterMunter
Kelbi

PostSubject: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:30 am

Ok, first im capturing Lagiacrus. Not hoping for a plate just getting some things for my hammer. then when i snuggled the pig, i got the plate twice in a row. THE PIG WORKS. SNUGGLE IT I SAY
Back to top Go down
Prodigee
Popo

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:03 am

Indeed it does, I managed to get 2 Jho gems for the Handicraft jewels I needed and a Scalp+Fang to finish my Vangis all in one run when I snuggled my pig once.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Cephalos

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:47 am

bah, pig doesn't work, spent days farming rathian/los plates and rubies and didn't get any till i stopped snuggling my pig.

the pig giving luck is a cake, i mean lie.

now i'm hungry for bacon-cake.
Back to top Go down
Tengo
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:45 am

Lol if you think it works then it works...
say if you broke a window and a person says its bad luck too, in this world and day and time you were bound to trip over a shoe while entering house, if your a believer then you say its bad luck too. i would say wow..., how stupid was i not to see this shoe.
im just tired of all the believers being all gay with it and spreading the word to everyone :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Evilpwner
Rathian

WiiU ID: RabidTangerine
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:24 am

Tengo wrote:
say if you broke a window and a person says its bad luck too, in this world and day and time you were bound to trip over a shoe while entering house, if your a believer then you say its bad luck too. i would say wow..., how stupid was i not to see this shoe.
im just tired of all the believers being all gay with it and spreading the word to everyone :bounce:

I totally agree, just let me rerphrase that (I did an essay on superstitions once Real Happy): This is how superstitions get started, through coincidences. Because a few people got lucky after snuggling their pig, a huge myth comes up that pig improves the chance of getting rare materials. Think about it this way: How many people snuggle their pig and get rare materials? A bunch. How many people don't snuggle their pig and get rare materials? Quite a few. How many people do snuggle their pig and don't get rare materials? Way, way more. Also, if it had some truth to it, don't you think it would be added to this?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Cephalos

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:28 am

actually, the pig did give luck in other mh games, i just don't think it does in this one.
Back to top Go down
5555cls
Barroth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 am

well, i dont belive in superstitions, but i think that mh3 put this in as an easter egg pig
Back to top Go down
Morzan
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 am

I ALWAYS SNUGGLE. Lagi quests especially because it ensures me a sapphire.so i say...........

SNUGGLE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dapeacefulman
Barroth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:37 am

Tirith wrote:
bah, pig doesn't work, spent days farming rathian/los plates and rubies and didn't get any till i stopped snuggling my pig.

the pig giving luck is a cake, i mean lie.

now i'm hungry for bacon-cake.

I gotta agree with him i spent a while farming for thos same plates but when i forget boom i get both of em.And the cake is a lie
Back to top Go down
Charlie 27
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:19 pm

pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig

Snuggle them
Back to top Go down
HonsterMunter
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 pm

5555cls wrote:
well, i dont belive in superstitions, but i think that mh3 put this in as an easter egg pig

is there like an MH3 website where someone can confirm that?
Back to top Go down
5555cls
Barroth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 pm

i dont think so, i just guessed that.

pig pig snuggle him even if you dont believe!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Tengo wrote:

Superstition or not, the pig ACTUALLY DOES do something. It's been proven a few times, once even by a hacker we had here once.

I shall explain ...
Luck ... the MH skills, not the superstition. Adds a few variables to a certain number in quests that determine your rewards. That variable determines how many items you get in the 2nd row of the reward box. That section that usually gives bugs, shrooms, bone pieces and in later quests, sometimes even monster parts or tickets. The higher the variable you have, the more stuff you can get from that row.

Good Luck - Increases the variable by 1
Great Luck - Increases the variable by 2
Pig Snuggling - Increases the variable by 2(im 75% sure it's 2, if not than its 1)

Yall can look it up with the search function for it was tested.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Deviljho

WiiU ID: JDubsXX
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 am

I don't remember the thread jcn is speaking of, but I do believe that snuggling the pig increases your chances of getting rarer mats by a small degree.

To Snuggle, or Not to Snuggle........SNUGGLE GDit!! WTF can it hurt?

If your a pessimist about the whole pig thing, try this and ingrain it into your extra-quest curriculum. You WILL see a difference in your rewards, eventually.
Snuggle every other quest. That's it. That way if you don't believe, you'll still get the benefit of it if your wrong. If you do believe, well you'll still get the lower rarity items generally not received by chronic pig snugglers (that just sounded bad- "You got some of that Good Pig to Snuggle Maaaan?").

I personally believe in the pig, but I'll be the 1st to tell you it's iffy too, though.
Back to top Go down
Tengo
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 am

jcnbuck5 wrote:
Tengo wrote:

Superstition or not, the pig ACTUALLY DOES do something. It's been proven a few times, once even by a hacker we had here once.

I shall explain ...
Luck ... the MH skills, not the superstition. Adds a few variables to a certain number in quests that determine your rewards. That variable determines how many items you get in the 2nd row of the reward box. That section that usually gives bugs, shrooms, bone pieces and in later quests, sometimes even monster parts or tickets. The higher the variable you have, the more stuff you can get from that row.

Pig Snuggling - Increases the variable by 2(im 75% sure it's 2, if not than its 1)

i dont believe it anyways but if i were to search wouldnt it be here??
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Poogie
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:47 am

i meant in the forums here itself, there was a big thread on it. I remember it rather well.
Back to top Go down
5555cls
Barroth

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:44 am

Tengo wrote:
jcnbuck5 wrote:
Tengo wrote:

I shall explain ...

i dont believe it anyways but if i were to search wouldnt it be here??
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Poogie
Click here. arent these just creepy?
Back to top Go down
wrenchninja
Bnahabra

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:43 am

Piggy has not been kind to me thus far. I snuggle'd for 5 Rathian+ runs and nothing rare came up. Then I didn't snuggle and 2 runs later, I got a Ruby.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:23 pm

like i said, the pig doesnt effect rarity items, it effects that second row of the reward box, that row that usually gives you stuff like bugs and shrooms, rocks and spheres
Back to top Go down
Talonrage
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: THE PIG WORKS   Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:04 pm

it is important to remember that all loot in this game is based on percentages. the pig increases the odds of getting rare items; however these odds will never reach 100% so there is no guaranteed way to get the items.

think about it like this, even if u wear the jaggi head mask you still wont get a gem every run. but if u wear the mask every run for 100 runs you will have more gems then if u did not wear it at all.

the pig may work, or not. you can hardly judge one way or another after just a few tries.
Back to top Go down

THE PIG WORKS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next