Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion
 
Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Share | 
 

 Monster Plates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Durban59
Bnahabra



PostSubject: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 3:40 am

Ok, so i've been working on upgrading from the usual Barroth Armor to something a little more respectable. Problem is, I need to seek out the VERY hard to get Lagiacrus Plate. I've heard that having a full Baggi set of armor and capturing the Lagiacrus is the best way to go, but does anybody else have any better strategies?
Back to top Go down
Psychodrake
Melynx



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 6:40 am

Durban59 wrote:
Ok, so i've been working on upgrading from the usual Barroth Armor to something a little more respectable. Problem is, I need to seek out the VERY hard to get Lagiacrus Plate. I've heard that having a full Baggi set of armor and capturing the Lagiacrus is the best way to go, but does anybody else have any better strategies?

Nope. You're just have to farm Lagia, so Baggi armor would be the best bet. Make sure to get his tail for the extra carve chance.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 7:49 am

his tail has a about a 4-6% of carving the plate. You CAN NOT carve it from his body. Also, you may get it as a quest reward if you either sever his tail, or break his horns, might be both. However its a small chance of about 6-8% as quest reward if you do that, but hey, the more odds the better.
Back to top Go down
Bright
Jaggi



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 am

Tail has highest chance of plate drop.
I was lucky yesterday though.
Was doing my 5star key quest to capture a Lagiacrus and I got a Plate and Sapphire in reward box cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/PixelSlapper
TKMT
Yian Garuga



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: TBA
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 am

I'm trying to get a Rathian plate. I'll take everyone's advice and use baggi Mail set (which I have) and try to catch it. Would a Jaggi mask help, too?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

i believe it would, more rewards = more chance at getting it.
Back to top Go down
Durban59
Bnahabra



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 pm

well, based on the different stats, it's personal preference.If you equipt the Jaggi Mask, you don't get the Capture Expert skill, but the good luck will give you more rewards after a quest, but they're usually regular carve items. With the full Baggi set, you get an item that only comes when you break of a monster's armor, or cut off it's tail, but it's only 1 extra item. So, it's whatever you prefer-quantity over quality.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Ugh, I have to do this too for the Rathling gun. Have to get a rathalos plate. And quite a few runs later, and still no plate. That is the ONLY thing I need. On another note, I already have 3 lag plates and the only thing I might possibly need it for is my lagiacrus gunner set (which I just need 1 horn to finish).
Back to top Go down
EX-lyte
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 pm

does full baggi set really make a difference?
Back to top Go down
Nel
Popo



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Can you make up the difference for Capture Expert with Decorations?
Back to top Go down
Durban59
Bnahabra



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Mon May 10, 2010 9:22 pm

EX-lyte wrote:
does full baggi set really make a difference?

After trying the Baggi set myself, I happened to get myself my first Lagiacrus plate, getting me my almost complete Blademaster set. However, the armor only works best when you A) break off a piece of the monster. That allows you to get parts of the monster that you can't regularlly carve, and B) You have to caputre the monster in a quest, nothing else. Also, I've found out that the Jaggi Mask helps out sometimes, but not much.

Nel wrote:
Can you make up the difference for Capture Expert with Decorations?

Yep, you can. But those decorations need Deviljho carvings, so it would be pretty late online in order for you to make the decorations required to increase the skills.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Deviljho



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 am

I like the baggi set idea, i might try it out.


but one thing that I'd like to know.
How do I get a luminous organ to upgrade my lagiacrus sword?
Back to top Go down
Tinithor
Felyne



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 9:22 am

From cedaeus offline.
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 am

Psychodrake wrote:
...so Baggi armor would be the best bet. Make sure to get his tail for the extra carve chance.

Why would Baggi armor help? Does capturing a monster, versus killing it, give you better chances for low percentage rewards?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: dcj91x
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 am

My suggestion...

Armor: Jaggi Mask and Guild Armor

Sever tail and break every thing. Good luck.... well great luck.
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos



PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:32 am

BT Esq wrote:
Psychodrake wrote:
...so Baggi armor would be the best bet. Make sure to get his tail for the extra carve chance.

Why would Baggi armor help? Does capturing a monster, versus killing it, give you better chances for low percentage rewards?

Baggi armour gives you Capture Expert which gives you extra rewards for capturing.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Yian Garuga



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: TBA
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:38 am

Durban59 wrote:
well, based on the different stats, it's personal preference.If you equipt the Jaggi Mask, you don't get the Capture Expert skill, but the good luck will give you more rewards after a quest, but they're usually regular carve items. With the full Baggi set, you get an item that only comes when you break of a monster's armor, or cut off it's tail, but it's only 1 extra item. So, it's whatever you prefer-quantity over quality.
Jaggi mask+Baggi armor=capture expert and good luck. Trust me, I'm using it! Real Happy
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: dcj91x
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:41 am

And apparently petting your pig helps too. I preffer the guild armor over the baggi armor though...
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

dcj91x wrote:
And apparently petting your pig helps too. I preffer the guild armor over the baggi armor though...
I don't think I can get the guild armor yet... :cry: How do you unlock more monsters in the arena - I think there was another post on this... *goes to search*
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Yian Garuga



Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: TBA
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Plates   Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

BT Esq wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
And apparently petting your pig helps too. I preffer the guild armor over the baggi armor though...
I don't think I can get the guild armor yet... :cry:
Takes pinnacle coins, right?
Back to top Go down
 

Monster Plates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» monster not moving!!
» XBOX 360 Monster Cooling Mod
» Your Opinion of the Hook Island Monster
» Monster High Scaris La Ville Des Frayeurs Regarder En Streaming
» Monster Plates

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Additional Stuff :: Archives :: Older Information-