Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.

Go down 
+3
Gian
Yamatsu
Entropy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Entropy
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Empty
PostSubject: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Hey everyone, as the title says I cannot for the life of me figure out how to kill the basarios in the Old Swamp from the nekoht 7 star quests. My barrel strategy that worked for the old 4 star quest doesnt seem to do enough damage to crack open his chest. I have looked at every single video on youtube but everyone who I see do it is in the best gear you can get and the best armor which is not obtainable for me atm. Im using a Wyvern Agito greatsword with the ceanataur armor set but my attacks just bounce off him. Ive positioned myself from every possible angle but cannot hit him. What am I doing wrong? Ive been stuck on this guy for weeks now and its getting discouraging. My sword only has green sharpness, which might be worth noting. I can make a Tiger Agito, the only Greatsword I can make that has blue sharpness, but I dont know if that would work or not.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 pm

UES TEH HAMMAH, BOI.

But really, Hammer is GREAT against Basarios.

You should try to get the Onslaught Hammer. It's avaidible seeing as you're on Nekoht's quests.

Its base weapon is the War Hammer, check the wiki for the weapon tree.
Back to top Go down
Entropy
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Is it just not doable with a greatsword, or is it not doable with green sharpness?

Edit: I should add that I do plan on making the hammer, working on the mass amounts of ore I need right now, however I am still curious what the actual problem is.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Entropy wrote:
Is it just not doable with a greatsword, or is it not doable with green sharpness?

Edit: I should add that I do plan on making the hammer, working on the mass amounts of ore I need right now, however I am still curious what the actual problem is.

Well, let's put it this way.
Hammer is an impact weapon and they usually do not bounce as much as cutting weapons.

GS will be pretty hard to defeat Basarios with as you'd most likely have to keep repeating lv3 charges. With Hammer, it's pretty easy because:

1. KO damage, knock 'em out, get free hits.
2. Basarios's stomach area will break A LOOOOT easier with a hammer.
3. If you use a hit and run superpound strategy good enough, you'll get the quest done fairly fast.

I learned from Monster Hunter Freedom that hammer is win against Basarios.
I had troubles on this quest in MHFU, as well. I kept using long sword. -.- It also took me over 5 runs to get it finished and my finishing run took around 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Gian
Melynx
Gian

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 pm

I used Raven Torrent hammer against Basarios 4*, took me about 10 minutes on first run :lol:
No, hammer is easy. Try it!
Back to top Go down
Crazy587
Popo
Crazy587

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:28 pm

see if you can get deathstench s for the esp
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ladekhan014?feature=mhum
Tally
Khezu

Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:58 am

Use bowgun. Or bow. Either will get your Basarios done 10x easier than any other weapon will, particularly because Basarios and Gravios can never hit you when you're using a bow(gun).

If you use a bowgun, consider using Pierce S, and if you're using a bow, consider using a pierce-style bow. You could use water element, but it's not a big enough factor to consider going out of your way for.
Back to top Go down
PlanetRock
Cephalos
PlanetRock

Thank you Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Use king lobster gun with one of mazereon's elemental armor sets and you are golden, it rapid fires water s so you will be able to break its stomach pretty quick. I believe the armor is one of the shinobi ones, from black fatalis. I believe its shinobi heaven but haven't played in a while.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Crazy587 wrote:
see if you can get deathstench s for the esp

I agree with what he said. If you jewel it in, than get it. If not then find an armor set that has it. k? ESP won't allow your weapon to bounce.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.   Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having a TON of trouble with basarios, would love some help.
Page 1 of 1