Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What new and returning monsters are you waiting on in Monster Hunter 4 ULTIMATE!
Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them 5 3 2
Share | 

Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rook
Rathalos

Thank you Points: 172

PostSubject: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 am

Since I've been promoting Bounce Bombs in pretty much every underwater attack thread, I figured I would just start a topic so people will read and understand how to use some of the most powerful item weapons in the game.

Bounce bombs (Barrel Bomb S + Bnahabra Wing) and Bounce Bomb + (Bounce Bomb + Bomb Arowana) are unlike the standard barrel bombs. They do require a bit of playing around to grasp the concept but once you do you will understand why you should bring 10 of them to every quest.

They behave differently on land and in water so I will separate them:

On Land:
----------
Behaviour:
After placing the bomb, it will shoot straight up. Does not explode unless it contacts a monster

Usage:
There are 2 uses for Bounce Bombs on land. The first is to hit monsters that are hovering. Note that if you can't see the monster, you can't hit it so it must just be hovering. This will normally bring the monster down with FORCE, and give some extra chances to attack. Even monsters that aren't weak to fire (Ian and Los) take a lot of damage from these shots. The second and more often usage is to get under a tall monster (Ian, Los, Barroth, anything you can walk under...) and drop all 10. They will shoot up and hit their stomachs (right where a lot of them have weaknesses). You can drop them all in about 2 or 3 seconds so you should be able to get most of them off in one go.

In Water:
----------
Behaviour:
After placing the bomb it will shoot straight ahead (in the direction you would move if you moved forward) for about 1 second or so and then explode.

Usage:
This is where Bounce Bombs shine. Line up with a sea monster and let loose. Like the method of dropping them when you are underneath a monster, you should be able to get most of them off in one go. Note that they only go for a little while so you must be relatively close. This attack will shatter horns, crests, spines, lanterns, you name it. Having a party with 4 members using 10 bounce bombs will devastate a monster. Also most monster react very poorly to the bombs and so they become a way to keep them occupied while party members kick the crap out of them. Most notably, Lagi actually gets dazed for about 1 and a half seconds for EACH BOMB. So if you send them out slowly you can have party members smacking away while you keep him occupied with bombs. The explosion that happens if the bombs don't hit anything will also hit a fairly large area so they are useful even if you miss.

In short, bring bounce bombs for every quest.

Last edited by Rook on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Renwold
Jaggi

Thank you Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 am

This is doubly true if you've got the food bonus Pyro or the bombardier trait (URAGAAN ARMOR RAAHHHHHHHHHH).

Worth noting that bounce bomb + handles wildly different than standard bounce bombs. I generally don't upgrade mine, but I THINK the bounce bomb+ will shoot off at an angle, rather than straight forward (useful on land, difficult under water).
Back to top Go down
http://automatedsweettalk.blogspot.com
BT Esq
Deviljho

Thank you Points: 94

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Great info Rook! Renwold convinced me to shoot off my first bouncer on a Gobul quest yesterday... F-U-N, FUN!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points: 147

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 pm

yes, they were fun ti use underwater :P
Back to top Go down
ShadePawOT
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points: 5

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I think I'm going to buy so many more of these.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkDesiresUnlimited
It's meh
Deviljho

Thank you Points: 60

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:24 pm

If anyone wants to make the bombs

Ingredients: small barrel bomb and Bnahabra wing.
Naturally 55% chance of success

bounce bomb+

Ingredients: bounce bomb and bomb arowana
Naturally 55% chance of success
Back to top Go down
Renwold
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Bnahabra wings are wayyyyy too scarce to be making this all the time. Bomb arowanas, on the other hand....
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Renwold wrote:
Bnahabra wings are wayyyyy too scarce to be making this all the time. Bomb arowanas, on the other hand....

try the bug hunt quests, alot.

You should have more than enough wings
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:35 pm

It's meh wrote:
Renwold wrote:

Was just typing this.
Back to top Go down
Renwold
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 pm

I never said you can't get them, but it's a matter of return on investment. :P
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Rook wrote:
It's meh wrote:
Renwold wrote:

Was just typing this.
I beat ya this time rook
cheers lol
Back to top Go down
Rook
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri May 14, 2010 4:28 pm

NEXT TIME MEH!!! NEEEEEEEEXT TIIIIME!!!!!

:P
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points: 147

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Sat May 15, 2010 12:19 am

lmao, just like us to race each other to help someone lol
Back to top Go down
Sentient

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

There Is a trick to getting insect parts, if you poison them they will alwayse leave a carveable corpse. If you just kill them they usually blow apart and disappear. Combine a bomb casing with a toadstool to male a poison bomb. They make a small poison cloud, they need to be aloast on top of you
Back to top Go down
AzureRaven
Uragaan

Thank you Points: 25

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Ahhh...the bounce bomb. I was a bit skeptical at how useful those could be at first, but once I tried them out, I loved em. They're a lot of fun to use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/SilverJin02
jchillin89
Popo

Thank you Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Thank you for posting this. I haven't tried bounce bombs on account of not knowing what use they were but will now after reading this.
Back to top Go down
Kuprin
Bnahabra

WiiU ID: Kuprin
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I really need to start playing with bounce bombs, and getting my group to use them. We've got lots of lagiacrus farming to do this week, so they'll be quite helpful.

I wonder if they'd be useful against Barioth if you bring speed setup? That could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points: 265

WiiU ID: Vortiene
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Coincidentally, bounce bombs are a staple for Vort bombing.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points: 5

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Vortiene wrote:
Coincidentally, bounce bombs are a staple for Vort bombing.

I see you take after Richard Desmond.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos

Thank you Points: 31

PostSubject: Re: Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them   Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:17 pm

It might be worth saying that bounce bombs don't flinch lagiacrus in rage mode. Either that, or I suck with bounce bombs. But it's definitely not the latter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/StuffQilla

Bounce Bombs: What they do and how to use them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next