Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it possible to go 100% solo? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it possible to go 100% solo? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it possible to go 100% solo?

Go down 
+3
nasalsniper312
Yamatsu
AsharLS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AsharLS
Kelbi
AsharLS

Thank you Points : 0

Is it possible to go 100% solo? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Well, the title sort of says everything. Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible for someone to get all the way through all the quests in MHFU on their own. I don't own a PS3 so I cannot get ad-hoc and none of my friends owns a PSP. I'm currently HR6 and some of the pre-requisite quests to get to G-rank are giving me trouble. So I was curious if it's possible for someone to get through the entire game on their own, or if help from others is inevitable at some point.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Yup, it is possible. It just takes a while.
I solo'd up to G*.
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 pm

to reconfirm, yes. Ive completely solo'ed the whole game 2 times now. just keep trying
Back to top Go down
blackheart
Yian Garuga
blackheart

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm on G**
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:47 am

I've solo'd every village quest. all of them, even Nekoht quests :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
AsharLS
Kelbi
AsharLS

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Well that's no surprise Polar_Ukanlos. After all, the village quests were designed for you to go solo.

Thanks for the help everyone, yesterday I finished two of the five quests required to get the urgents to move on to G*. It's good to know others have finished (or almost finished) the entire game on their own. I think the main reason I was having trouble with the monsters was because I wasn't taking them seriously enough. I remember reading a guide (forget who made it) where the writer said that if a monster is worth hunting, you should give it your all, even if some supplies you bring may seem like overkill. After all, if you really want to kill or capture a monster, you should make sure you can do it and not leave anything to chance. That is something I was certainly not doing.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

thats a somewhat relief, cause i kinda got no one to play with for at the least .. a long time lol
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

AsharLS wrote:
Well that's no surprise Polar_Ukanlos. After all, the village quests were designed for you to go solo.

Thanks for the help everyone, yesterday I finished two of the five quests required to get the urgents to move on to G*. It's good to know others have finished (or almost finished) the entire game on their own. I think the main reason I was having trouble with the monsters was because I wasn't taking them seriously enough. I remember reading a guide (forget who made it) where the writer said that if a monster is worth hunting, you should give it your all, even if some supplies you bring may seem like overkill. After all, if you really want to kill or capture a monster, you should make sure you can do it and not leave anything to chance. That is something I was certainly not doing.

I know, but some of them are a pain in the ass to do. I mean, my best weapon is a Tiger Agaito
Back to top Go down
AsharLS
Kelbi
AsharLS

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 am

Oh yes, I'd certainly agree that they still pose a challenge. But why haven't you upgraded your Agaito? If you've done all the Nekhot quests, then you should be able to get the supplies you need from high rank Tigrex or Nargacuga to make the next level weapon.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:16 am

AsharLS wrote:
Oh yes, I'd certainly agree that they still pose a challenge. But why haven't you upgraded your Agaito? If you've done all the Nekhot quests, then you should be able to get the supplies you need from high rank Tigrex or Nargacuga to make the next level weapon.

cant be bothered to fight nargy or tigger again
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 am

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
AsharLS wrote:

You stand no chance against the Gathering Hall quests, then.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

Yamatsu wrote:
Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
AsharLS wrote:

You stand no chance against the Gathering Hall quests, then.

true
Back to top Go down
Lycanzoth
Kelbi
Lycanzoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:43 pm

yep. It is possible to completely solo mhfu. The only monster i can think of that actually NEEDS more than one hunter isn't even in MHFU. I went through the entire game twice using a lance and hammer. If you want to do the guild hall quest solo though, i suggest getting a better weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to go 100% solo?   Is it possible to go 100% solo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to go 100% solo?
Page 1 of 1