Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon B&W Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon B&W Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon B&W

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Pokemon B&W Empty
PostPokemon B&W

So It has been a while since I actually played a Pokemon (main series game) Mostly because very little of anything new has been offered since around the 2nd or 3rd generation other than more pokemon. B&W however is changing that... A lot!

The world is no longer the flat top down world that it has been for so long. You now have a very viberant and popping out 3d landscape... Well as 3d as you can get outside of the 3DS. The battles have also changed with the introduction of Multie pokemon and trainer battles. You can battle with up to 3 pokemon and conect with of to 3 other trainers at one time to battle.... But there is more. On a regular DS lite you can voice chat, with a DSi modle you gan voice chat and video chat with other trainers. The 3DS has also been stated to give additional functions that you can only get through the 3DS, though what those are are beeing kept secreat until the 3ds release.

But wait there is more!!! You can now use your home comuter to interact with your pokemon as well and download in game skins to you ds to change the looks of your pokedex and other items. Also added is the ability to dress up your pokemon and put on a show and a new dream world ability where you can find special items and grow berries and decorate your own pokemone home.....

That's still not the end of it! Depending on which game you get will also determin what your world looks like. Black will have a modern/futuristic feel to it with towering cities while White with have a natural world and lots of trees...

So my question is what is everyones thoughts and what game will you get?

This is the first Pokemon game I have really been excited about in a long time....

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon B&W :: Comments

Red
Re: Pokemon B&W
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:19 pm by Red
i,m a die hard pokemon fan no way i,m missing this i have got the money and everything for it just waiting till the 4th(eu) of march i,m getting pokemon black & i,m going to pick snivy but tepig come into my mind too :/ i,m also likeing the gym leaders & most of the pokemon in the game also the music is epic i love N,s last battle song & gym leaders last stand(for there last pokemon).
pokemon gold/silver will always be in my heart but pokemon & white are going to rock Yes by vort

POKEMON FOREVER! :lol!:
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm by Guest
dcj91x wrote:
So It has been a while since I actually played a Pokemon (main series game) Mostly because very little of anything new has been offered since around the 2nd or 3rd generation other than more pokemon. B&W however is changing that... A lot!

The world is no longer the flat top down world that it has been for so long. You now have a very viberant and popping out 3d landscape... Well as 3d as you can get outside of the 3DS. The battles have also changed with the introduction of Multie pokemon and trainer battles. You can battle with up to 3 pokemon and conect with of to 3 other trainers at one time to battle.... But there is more. On a regular DS lite you can voice chat, with a DSi modle you gan voice chat and video chat with other trainers. The 3DS has also been stated to give additional functions that you can only get through the 3DS, though what those are are beeing kept secreat until the 3ds release.

But wait there is more!!! You can now use your home comuter to interact with your pokemon as well and download in game skins to you ds to change the looks of your pokedex and other items. Also added is the ability to dress up your pokemon and put on a show and a new dream world ability where you can find special items and grow berries and decorate your own pokemone home.....

That's still not the end of it! Depending on which game you get will also determin what your world looks like. Black will have a modern/futuristic feel to it with towering cities while White with have a natural world and lots of trees...

So my question is what is everyones thoughts and what game will you get?

This is the first Pokemon game I have really been excited about in a long time....

You call urself a pokemon fan? I knew about this in like july >: D

jks lol im excited too (had my 6 pokemon party planned since october.)
dcj91x
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:33 pm by dcj91x
^ I use to be a fan but got a little upset with the sameness of it all.... went to digimon for a while but just couldn't get the fix I was looking for. tried a few other things but none of that made me feel as good as I did with the first pokemon or two but then I started learning more and more about B&W, starting to really get excited about it again. One problem though.. it comes out on the 6th in the US and the 3DS comes out on the 27th. so even though I will get B&W at launch I wont get to play it until the 3DS comes out. I would hate to have to start over since the game matches it's self with the system. Also game freak let it slip that the 3ds will have additional features... but we will see if that holds to be true or not when both are out in japan.
eric89caon
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:20 pm by eric89caon
Man thats pretty sick that the games actually have major differences. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the pokeman but some seem pretty cool.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 pm by Stormy Times
Jesus, 3-a-side battles now? Way to make Earthquake even more overpowered.
Eventually there'll be 4-sided...well no there won't be because judging by this and the last generation's quality of Pokemon they've done a crossbetween dead-ending the franchise and completely running out of ideas.

Florenz
Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 pm by Florenz
Sounds cool.
Lets hope P3rd gets a 3DS release aswell, that way i can buy both Yes by vort .
Jojozityjo
Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 pm by Jojozityjo
i kinda dropped out of pokemon around the start of the 3rd generation. Though i do still have my moments where cant help the urge to just go play for nostalgia.
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm by Lagiacrus the ultimate
Go back and get HG or SS.
LOKI
Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:12 pm by LOKI
When that irresistable wave of nostalgia destroys your willpower, just download the rom.

Saves time and money. Played Diamond the other day, got my party to around lvl 30-40 in a day and got bored.

Nintendo needs to wake up and make a gritty Pokemon MMORPG that appeals to the original generation of Pokemon fans.
Arakune
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm by Arakune
Stormy Times wrote:
Jesus, 3-a-side battles now? Way to make Earthquake even more overpowered.
Eventually there'll be 4-sided...well no there won't be because judging by this and the last generation's quality of Pokemon they've done a crossbetween dead-ending the franchise and completely running out of ideas.

Yeah, it's not like moves who hits multiple pokèmon do less damage since 3rd gen.
Opinions. 5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 in creativity.
Chipou
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 am by Chipou
nah, 3rd gen was and always will be the best.

but i degress, im getting this tomorrow.
Yamatsu
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 am by Yamatsu
Apparently I can't trade over the US Celebi that Lagi gave me to White, but can trade over the EU legendary beasts.

RAAAAGE. Mad by vort

EDIT: I put Celebi in the box... It successfully transfered. :P
Damnit White, don't scare me like that. :o
dcj91x
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 pm by dcj91x
Spent the whole day playing white yesterday.. I have to say.. though there are a lot of the same things from the older games there is a lot of little differences as well that make it a great new experiance. Not yet gotten to the part where I can trade over the special Pokemon but getting close. I also like the fact that you can use the older ones (except for the specials) until you get the national pokedex. This allows people to actually use the new pokemon before going back to their old team.. Though I do really want my lvl 100 magikarp and feebas with there great splash attacks.
Arakune
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:02 pm by Arakune
dcj91x wrote:
Spent the whole day playing white yesterday.. I have to say.. though there are a lot of the same things from the older games there is a lot of little differences as well that make it a great new experiance. Not yet gotten to the part where I can trade over the special Pokemon but getting close. I also like the fact that you can use the older ones (except for the specials) until you get the national pokedex. This allows people to actually use the new pokemon before going back to their old team.. Though I do really want my lvl 100 magikarp and feebas with there great splash attacks.

You just reminded me that this gen doesn't have any Pokèmon who don't get any moves like Magikarp except the little Tynamo.
Damn. That thing it's hard to train but it's definitely worth it.
WinNerd
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:30 pm by WinNerd
Bought Black on Friday, I haven't played today, but I've beaten 7 gyms :D Just worried that it might be a bit short ( have I gotten too used to MH and it's hundreds of hours of playing fun?). I'm a serious fan of TMs being reusable :D But yeah, I really like the new battles. They seem a lot smoother.
Red
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm by Red
i love the little things in the game like the ferris wheel ****s & the very very small job you get XD (not telling anything because of people that want to find out for themselfs) .
also the 3d parts are awesome & the story is great i like a lot of the 5th gen pokemons too.
just wish the pokemon global link was open right now :/ i really want some skins for my pokedex & a speed boost blaziken :lol!:
Dark Shadow
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm by Dark Shadow
I bought my pokemon white on sunday and so far it's good. The only thing that got me mad was looking through those swirling dusts to get my drillbur.
Yamatsu
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:58 am by Yamatsu
WinNerd wrote:
Bought Black on Friday, I haven't played today, but I've beaten 7 gyms :D Just worried that it might be a bit short ( have I gotten too used to MH and it's hundreds of hours of playing fun?). I'm a serious fan of TMs being reusable :D But yeah, I really like the new battles. They seem a lot smoother.
Yeah, I agree with you there, Black/White seem a bit short in the main story.
Bought it on Friday, at Dragonspire tower.
Well, it's either that or we play it too much. :­P
Chahlz
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 am by Chahlz
A lot of people are having the issue of too short of a game.

One of the reasons I don't like it.
Arakune
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:12 am by Arakune
>implying all the pokèmon games aren't as short as this one
This game isn't that short. It's more linear but there is much more to do. I'm 50 hours in and i still haven't gotten the eight badge, on Gold i got it in 11 hours.
dcj91x
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm by dcj91x
You also have to remember that on the 30th of march they will be adding additional features with the global link. And they are really trying to get people to interact more throughout the game as well which will add quite a bit of play to the game over previous ones.
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:52 pm by Lagiacrus the ultimate
Current team:

SWINEFLU the Emboar
BOSS the Zoroark
Fidget the Archeops
Suicune
Inflorescence
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am by Inflorescence
Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
Current team:

SWINEFLU the Emboar
BOSS the Zoroark
Fidget the Archeops
Suicune

:lol: I always tell myself I'm going to name my characters something funny, then I wuss out at the last minute and RP anyway.
Arakune
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 am by Arakune
We're going for teams now? I'm too lazy for nicknames lol

Emboar lv50
Krookodile lv52
Sigilyph lv45
Stoutland lv 51
Vanilluxe lv51

Last space is because i saved before going against Reshiram, there was Gigalith lv44 however.
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon B&W

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next