Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon Pearl Help for starter - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon Pearl Help for starter - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Pearl Help for starter

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Pokemon Pearl Help for starter - Page 3 Empty
PostPokemon Pearl Help for starter

Dear community,

My nephew was so kind the lean me his DS with Pokemon Pearl. He doesnt play with his DS or Pearl, so he said i could borrow it for awhile.
Well, this is my first Pokemon game ive ever played and i must say i know little to nothing of it x.x
well i watched pokemon as a kid but thats about it xD
Can anyone teach me some basic knwoledge i should know about pokemon?

Thanks and kind regards
Florenz
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon Pearl Help for starter :: Comments

Red
Re: Pokemon Pearl Help for starter
Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:16 pm by Red
congratz man :cheers:
Florenz
Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:49 pm by Florenz
Just kinda stuck on what to od now :/
I took the boat from Snowy City to big island, but all i can do there is fight some stupid guys with only 2 pokemon, and my other roads are blocked for no apparent reason :/
anyone knows what i should do next?
WinNerd
Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:01 pm by WinNerd
Get the national dex, when you've seen every pokemon in Sinnoh, then talk to the professor for it.
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:55 am by Florenz
that seems like alot of work xd
WinNerd
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm by WinNerd
It sounds harder then it is. When you've defeated the Pokemon League you've probably seen most of them.
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm by Florenz
yeah i checked my pokedex, was missing 4 or so, searched some things op and now i only have to track down one more. but that pokemon is only available on fridays, so says my source xD
WinNerd
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:59 am by WinNerd
Good ol' Drifloon?
Florenz
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 pm by Florenz
Yeah, he should be at Valley Windworks tomorrow. I just hope im not home too late xD
Florenz
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 pm by Florenz
Got the National Dex, i just dont really understand how the Poke Radar works :scratch:
can anyone explain?
Chagrilled
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 pm by Chagrilled
basically, you stand in grass and use the pokerader, and 4 patches of grass will shake (sometimes its less than 4) walk into a shaking patch, and kill/catch the wild pokemon, and the grass will shake again, walk into another shaking patch and you should fight the same pokemon again.

there are a bunch of rules surrounding the pokerader and chaining (battling the same pokemon over and over) but dont worry about them, just use some repels, and go for the furthest patch away.

the main use for the pokerader is to find rare pokemon (glittering patches)
WinNerd
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 pm by WinNerd
Yeah, it's used for 2 things.

To find pokemon that don't appear in the grass just by walking, as well as to make it easier to find Shiny pokemon.

Also, if you wish to fight the same pokemon over and over again, use the radar then always aim for the patch 4 steps away. That's mainly for "chaining" i.e the method used to increase the chance of finding shiny pokemon.
Florenz
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 am by Florenz
I just wanna catch some Pokemon that are in the national dex only :/
problem is sometimes when im walking to a shaking patch i get attacked before i make it to that patch.
and for example, when i enter a shaking patch, a wurmple appears, if i would kill it and walk to the next shaking grass, would i get wurmple again and so on?
WinNerd
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:26 am by WinNerd
To avoid random encounters when you're using the pokeradar, use super/max repels. You will still encounter pokemon in shaking patches, but not while walking. And for your Wurmple example, if you use the radar, and find a Wurmple, then defeat it and walk to the patch 4 steps away, then yes, you will encounter another Wurmple. If you walk the patch 1,2, or 3 steps away however, there is a chance that you'll find a different pokemon, breaking your "chain". When the chain is broken, then there won't be any shaking patches after the battle. Same thing goes if you run away from a battle.
Florenz
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 am by Florenz
WinNerd wrote:
To avoid random encounters when you're using the pokeradar, use super/max repels. You will still encounter pokemon in shaking patches, but not while walking. And for your Wurmple example, if you use the radar, and find a Wurmple, then defeat it and walk to the patch 4 steps away, then yes, you will encounter another Wurmple. If you walk the patch 1,2, or 3 steps away however, there is a chance that you'll find a different pokemon, breaking your "chain". When the chain is broken, then there won't be any shaking patches after the battle. Same thing goes if you run away from a battle.

so basically i have got only 2 chances to find a rare pokemon each time when using the radar...?
WinNerd
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 am by WinNerd
Hm.. I'm not quite sure of what you mean..

Patches that shake wildly are more likely to have rare pokemon in them, i.e pokemon that don't appear just by walking.

If you go into a patch and find a.. let's say a Stantler, which is a radar only pokemon, then you can either capture or defeat it and the patches will rustle again. If you encounter another Stantler you can capture/defeat it and the patches will shake again, and so on.

Am I just confusing you right now? Because it feels like I'm confusing myself..
Florenz
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:05 am by Florenz
Ive searched up a guide about it, and I understand now.
I just dont really see the use in chaining, if you can only find the same Pokemon by doing it :scratch:
WinNerd
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 am by WinNerd
Well, chaining is a special way to get shiny pokemon, the chance of finding one while walking normally is about 1 in 8100 or something like that. When you reach a chain of about 40, the odds are a lot higher.
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:08 am by Florenz
Got another question, now im almost done with Pearl (i enjoyed it very, very much)...
I was thinking bout buying another pokemon game for DS.
Are Pokemon Platinum, Soulsilver or Heartgold worth buying?
Red
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am by Red
i say get pokemon black or white if you don,t want one of them get soul silver :D
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:42 am by Florenz
dun got a 3DS...
WinNerd
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:12 pm by WinNerd
You can play Black/White on a regular DS, I'm playing it on my DS lite.
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 pm by Florenz
well, which one should i buy then? black or white?
Red
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm by Red
white
WinNerd
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 pm by WinNerd
Depends on if you like Reshiram or Zekrom the most. Alternatively: Do you like a forest environment or a modern, city-like environment?
Florenz
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 pm by Florenz
forest Yes by vort
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon Pearl Help for starter

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next