Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tacocat123
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Empty
PostSubject: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi, i'm pretty good at monster hunter( i thought i was). So i need to kill the yian garuga, which are like my least favourite monster.

My equipment
Rathalos helm S
Full Tigrex, no helm.
bone greataxe, or the one before ceantaur head hammer.

So if anyone can help that would be nice
Back to top Go down
toro

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:45 pm

You might want Jewels that protect ear from shout.
4 tiga armors would give you 6 skill point of ear protection or somethin (forget name of the skill)
this will be able you to move around while the bird is shouting

yian garuruga is very weak for water. it might be easier if you bring water wepon.

But i guess the easiest way is to bring a lots of barrel bombs, flash bombs and their materials.
(you can make around 20 bomb+s!!)
make sure you bring traps and trap materials also
Back to top Go down
Tacocat123
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:07 am

Yeah sorry, i did this ages ago, i used onslaught hammer, amazingly easy.
Back to top Go down
Rathalos
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm

I used full Rathian S, a Rusty Claymore and all slots used to boost attack power to try and finish it off quickly before i ran out of resources.

I find its best to try and avoid fighting it in the really small area with the kelbi carcass.

Also, cut off its tail ASAP. As long as its got its tail, you are at risk from poison based attacks. I find the best moments to attack its tail when its just landing from a backflip attack, or when its tripped over. But dont get greedy, once its ready to strike again, back off from the tail and attack the face.

Best attack moments:
* Landing from a backflip
* While its shooting a fireball
* When its tripped over
* When youve caused it to flinch.

Oh, and another thing, I find that once the tails off, hitting its face is the best way to go. It flinches more often if you do that. If you land some extra hits on the legs, thats good, then you may be able to trip it over and deal EVEN MORE damage.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Rathalos wrote:
I used full Rathian S, a Rusty Claymore and all slots used to boost attack power to try and finish it off quickly before i ran out of resources.

I find its best to try and avoid fighting it in the really small area with the kelbi carcass.

Also, cut off its tail ASAP. As long as its got its tail, you are at risk from poison based attacks. I find the best moments to attack its tail when its just landing from a backflip attack, or when its tripped over. But dont get greedy, once its ready to strike again, back off from the tail and attack the face.

Best attack moments:
* Landing from a backflip
* While its shooting a fireball
* When its tripped over
* When youve caused it to flinch.

Oh, and another thing, I find that once the tails off, hitting its face is the best way to go. It flinches more often if you do that. If you land some extra hits on the legs, thats good, then you may be able to trip it over and deal EVEN MORE damage.

Good tips, Rathalos, but SURELY somebody can't be stuck on Garuga for so long!

._.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Cut off tail first. A good way to do this is by using a poison weapon. It pops off quicker this way. Water is its natural weakness. and i would also recomend on moving continuously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Tally
Khezu

Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:41 pm

I did this quest with a LBG. However, I generally find Garuga easier with a hammer. If you plan on using a hammer, then try to park yourself behind him after every attack he does, and time your superpound so it hits just when he turns to you, and you have enough time to roll away.

If you want a more cautious style still, you could conceivably get some really easy tail cuts with the greatsword. Draw attack (no charge) at his tail when he finishes an attack, roll aside, sheathe weapon. Rinse and repeat. It'd still deal some decent damage, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!   I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with Eligy of a lone wolf. Please help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: