Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.

Go down 
+2
Polar_Ukanlos
X Kitsune X
6 posters
AuthorMessage
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Empty
PostSubject: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm getting really sick and tired of this game. I've been using bows since the beginning, and I'm up to 8* village and HR 4 online. I've got full monoblos+ armor, with the monoblos+ blademaster helm for extra attack. I've got attack boost L and arenaline+2 as skills. I've got almost 300 defense, with 20 fire resistance. I recently tried to fight the offline yian garuga, Since it's weak to water, I used the diamyo warbow IV. I set out on the quest. I used all 50 of my power coatings, and combined 28 more. As time went on, it killed me with a charge/poison tail combo (fair enough), and then with a fireball. From 100 health. With 20 fire res. I kept wailing on it, and after half an hour, it's ears still hadn't come down. It eventually took me out, and I proceeded to rage. But my question is this; how did the garuga survive the damage I did to it, and how come it's fireballs seem to do such massive damage, even with my high fire res? I don't understand how I managed to kill 2 hypnocatrices in 20 minutes, but can't even come close to killing something like a garuga. Sorry if it seemed like was ranting, I'm just a little peeved off right now. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 am

X Kitsune X wrote:
I'm getting really sick and tired of this game. I've been using bows since the beginning, and I'm up to 8* village and HR 4 online. I've got full monoblos+ armor, with the monoblos+ blademaster helm for extra attack. I've got attack boost L and arenaline+2 as skills. I've got almost 300 defense, with 20 fire resistance. I recently tried to fight the offline yian garuga, Since it's weak to water, I used the diamyo warbow IV. I set out on the quest. I used all 50 of my power coatings, and combined 28 more. As time went on, it killed me with a charge/poison tail combo (fair enough), and then with a fireball. From 100 health. With 20 fire res. I kept wailing on it, and after half an hour, it's ears still hadn't come down. It eventually took me out, and I proceeded to rage. But my question is this; how did the garuga survive the damage I did to it, and how come it's fireballs seem to do such massive damage, even with my high fire res? I don't understand how I managed to kill 2 hypnocatrices in 20 minutes, but can't even come close to killing something like a garuga. Sorry if it seemed like was ranting, I'm just a little peeved off right now. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yeah, Garuga's a bit of a bitch, and i had the same problem. Try using a weapon that can block, like a Great Sword, or a weapon that can increase it's stats when you hit stuff, like a Long Sword. It helps a lot more than any bow would. The best LS to use is the "Frost Ripper", it has a great Water element and hits pretty hard. Also, Fire Res won't do much if you don't have much defence, so finish all of the 7* Quests and kill a few Kushala Daora's, that armour should do a world of difference if you Gem it with Inferno and Blazing Jewels. hope this is helpful.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:06 am

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Yeah, Garuga's a bit of a bitch, and i had the same problem. Try using a weapon that can block, like a Great Sword, or a weapon that can increase it's stats when you hit stuff, like a Long Sword. It helps a lot more than any bow would. The best LS to use is the "Frost Ripper", it has a great Water element and hits pretty hard. Also, Fire Res won't do much if you don't have much defence, so finish all of the 7* Quests and kill a few Kushala Daora's, that armour should do a world of difference if you Gem it with Inferno and Blazing Jewels. hope this is helpful.

I'd avoid Frost Ripper, waste of materials late in the game, made me feel bad wasting mats on it.
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 am

Try using a high powerd hammer like Diablos maul, doge the fire balls and wait for it to just sit there and then thats the time to strike.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks for the replies.
The only problem is, I only have gunner armor right now, and I don't want to have to make a whole new armor for just one monster. I've got the hypnocatrice bow, and I'm going to try sleepbombing it. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT: 10 large barrel bomb+. 3 sleepbombs. And about 500 arrows. It took me all this and 36 minutes to take it down. That thing was insane! How much health does a high rank garuga have?
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:08 am

X Kitsune X wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
The only problem is, I only have gunner armor right now, and I don't want to have to make a whole new armor for just one monster. I've got the hypnocatrice bow, and I'm going to try sleepbombing it. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT: 10 large barrel bomb+. 3 sleepbombs. And about 500 arrows. It took me all this and 36 minutes to take it down. That thing was insane! How much health does a high rank garuga have?

It has a lot of HP
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 am

Well, now I've got the multiple shogun cenataur quest to do, where I get 2 hit killed ._.'
I guess I'm stuck with dragon bow halo here, since I can't do high rank kirin yet. This is gonna be soo much fun...
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 am

X Kitsune X wrote:
Well, now I've got the multiple shogun cenataur quest to do, where I get 2 hit killed ._.'
I guess I'm stuck with dragon bow halo here, since I can't do high rank kirin yet. This is gonna be soo much fun...

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 am

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks. Should I use the dragon bow halo, or should I be using some other kind of bow/gun against them?
EDIT: Never mind, my great crossbow gun took care of them in 20 minutes. I reccomend this gun to any high rank gunner, as it's easy to make, carries all elemental shots except dragon, all status shots, and even demon, armor and recovery shots. And 300 attack on a light gun isn't exactly bad, either. Narga next.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 pm

X Kitsune X wrote:
Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks. Should I use the dragon bow halo, or should I be using some other kind of bow/gun against them?
EDIT: Never mind, my great crossbow gun took care of them in 20 minutes. I reccomend this gun to any high rank gunner, as it's easy to make, carries all elemental shots except dragon, all status shots, and even demon, armor and recovery shots. And 300 attack on a light gun isn't exactly bad, either. Narga next.

You're gonna have a shit-ton of trouble with Narga, it's way too fast for using a bow. Try a bowgun like Grande Daora as it makes pissing it off easier, thus, making tail cuts faster. Bring Sm barrel bombs and sonic bombs to annoy it and some Paralysis rounds to stop it moving.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:42 am

[/quote]You're gonna have a shit-ton of trouble with Narga, it's way too fast for using a bow. Try a bowgun like Grande Daora as it makes pissing it off easier, thus, making tail cuts faster. Bring Sm barrel bombs and sonic bombs to annoy it and some Paralysis rounds to stop it moving.[/quote]
Uhh...I'm not sure how I did it, but I killed it in 20 minutes with the prominence bow II :D I'm farming it for a brain stem now.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 am

its funny how mazereon makes narga look like a complete joke with a hbg :X
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
You're gonna have a shit-ton of trouble with Narga, it's way too fast for using a bow. Try a bowgun like Grande Daora as it makes pissing it off easier, thus, making tail cuts faster. Bring Sm barrel bombs and sonic bombs to annoy it and some Paralysis rounds to stop it moving.
X Kitsune X wrote:
Uhh...I'm not sure how I did it, but I killed it in 20 minutes with the prominence bow II :D I'm farming it for a brain stem now.

Great Job

haruno wrote:

its funny how mazereon makes narga look like a complete joke with a hbg :X

That's because it is a joke, regardless if you're awesome or not.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 am

Yeah, the narga doesn't seem like a super-difficult monster. I had alot more trouble with the tigrex. It might be because I was using a genprey body kit back then, but hey.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:49 am

X Kitsune X wrote:
Yeah, the narga doesn't seem like a super-difficult monster. I had alot more trouble with the tigrex. It might be because I was using a genprey body kit back then, but hey.

You're still good though.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Lol, thanks very much! Still a little nervous now that my friends and I are doing fatalis now 0_0
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:03 pm

X Kitsune X wrote:
Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Lol, thanks very much! Still a little nervous now that my friends and I are doing fatalis now 0_0

Black Fata is an easy punching bag of mine when I need some extra money, 25 mins, repel, materials to use or sell, and a chance to score more fata eyes for various stuff.

Crimson is a little more tricky but still the same, its White Fata you gotta watch out for with his instagib lightning and other 1hit kill attacks.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Nova wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:
Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

Black Fata is an easy punching bag of mine when I need some extra money, 25 mins, repel, materials to use or sell, and a chance to score more fata eyes for various stuff.

Crimson is a little more tricky but still the same, its White Fata you gotta watch out for with his instagib lightning and other 1hit kill attacks.

I srsly find black fatalis more difficult cause of his charge Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Eddy wrote:
Nova wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:
Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
X Kitsune X wrote:

I srsly find black fatalis more difficult cause of his charge Sad by vort

His snap and drag charge is really easy to predict imo
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:03 pm

White and crimson fata are easily the easier two since even with their armor mode that just means bring out teh clust spam. White only takes longer because of its camping on the tower.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm onto the white now. I'm gonna need guts to get anywhere with it though D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.   Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning to give up on MHFU (Again) And questions about monster health.
Page 1 of 1