Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?

Go down 
+3
haruno
Phazon Xenomorph
Bruno3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bruno3
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, so I'm trying to defeat a Loa-Shan Lung for my first time. I didn't beat a Shen-Gaoren untill the attempt when I successfully used anti-dragon bombs on it. So how do I do it to a Loa-Shan Lung? No matter what part of its back I jump onto, I fall off instantly (Or slide to the side duiing the fall), so how/when do
I use them on a Loa-Shan Lung? (I even failed the quest after i drilled into it with a dragonator.) P.S. It's an Azure one.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:56 pm

haruno wrote:

tigrex armor is crap.

1. 60 def? ur point is? that slight extra def will save you 1-2 pots at most. And if ur chugging down potions you're not learning much about attack oppurtunities or how to moi or to not get hit.
2. reasonable slots? for what? earplugs? That just means you'll get demonic protection and then point #1 becomes invalid and useless.
3. Autotracker good? lol wut? ever heard of psychoserum and paintball? The extra details of a monster that autotracker gives is useless imo. Quick eating? that just means you're chugging down potions like no tommorow...............
4. tigrex armor looks as good as ukanlos armor.......

Replies:

1. 60 defense EACH, making over 300 defense with extras
2. I use Strength Jewels for health increases; I have other ideas that require hard-to-get things for the jewels.
3. I HAVE have heard of those. Room is saved in by backpack with Autotracker, and when fighting a Chameleos, I can use paintballs as things for it to steal. I don't chug down on mega-potions!
4. Ok.......

Also, I started a Conga U armor set, although I just have the hat.... but it will help when I get more Conga Pelt +es or whatever they are.....
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
haruno wrote:

tigrex armor is crap.

1. 60 def? ur point is? that slight extra def will save you 1-2 pots at most. And if ur chugging down potions you're not learning much about attack oppurtunities or how to moi or to not get hit.
2. reasonable slots? for what? earplugs? That just means you'll get demonic protection and then point #1 becomes invalid and useless.
3. Autotracker good? lol wut? ever heard of psychoserum and paintball? The extra details of a monster that autotracker gives is useless imo. Quick eating? that just means you're chugging down potions like no tommorow...............

Replies:

2. I use Strength Jewels for health increases; I have other ideas that require hard-to-get things for the jewels.
3. I HAVE have heard of those. Room is saved in by backpack with Autotracker, and when fighting a Chameleos, I can use paintballs as things for it to steal. I don't chug down on mega-potions!
4. Ok.......

Also, I started a Conga U armor set, although I just have the hat.... but it will help when I get more Conga Pelt +es or whatever they are.....

I used to think like you a LONG LONG LONG time ago in some aspects, but honestly paintballs are pretty much going to become a regular member of your item screen along with Psychoserum in the future, fact is you can't stick with Tigrex armor forever even with Tiggy's G rank counterpart.

Early on Autotracker is nice as is Speed Eating, especially as a newcomer, but you will eventually find yourself getting good enough to not need either (you'll start knowing or guessing which areas a monster is in when you start a quest for example and you'll start being able to read a monster's tells / movements to where you know when you can eat / drink a pot or a steak ).

Haruno is trying to help out but he's not always the best at conveying what he is trying to say Tigrex

However as a Blademaster you will find a great many skills far more useful in the future, such as Sharpness+1 which makes you able to reach previously unattainable sharpness levels which will give more damage per sharpness level (will link later), Sharp Sword which makes sharpness decreases slower so you don't sharpen as much, Reckless Abandon (critical hits via Affinity % ) , Evade+1 or +2 which will give your evades / rolls much better frames so you don't get screwed even though you dodged and attack, along with other myrad of skills out there that are useful (better than health gemming like you are now for example which can be done via felyne meal + bonus skills proc on your cat meal).

But yeah feel free to play the game how you want, but do at least be willing to think about the advice we offer, we are never telling you how to play or what you should do as everyone has their own playstyle, but try to avoid being dense and thick-headed enough that you refuse to ever take any advice or suggestions, we are here to help fellow players out but you have to be willing to at least try some of the advice otherwise why bother asking for help ya know?

Links and info you might find useful:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Mechanics

Spoiler:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Felyne_Whim_Skills_%28MHF2%29
For what Felyne skills you might want on your cooking cats.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHF2_Felyne_Kitchen_Guide
For knowing what food combinations per number of cats are possible and what their effects are.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
haruno wrote:

tigrex armor is crap.

Replies:

4. Ok.......

1. def is overrated and essentially worthless. since at G rank an armor with 500 def compared to one with 600 def will still get 2-3 shotted by teo/cham/dora.......
2. hp+ skills are worthless. felyne kitchen does that. Hell felyne kitchen even gives you a godly -40 hp buff.
3. .............if you're not chugging down on mega potions why do you claim speed eater is useful? and lol cham.........dual swords rape him too hard.
4. tiggy armor is ugly
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Did you mean by "chugging down" as using them constantly, or using them quickly (Takes less time to use one)?

By the way....

I MADE IT FLEE!!! I MADE IT FLEE!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! :D :cheers: :D

I managed to use the anti-dragon bombs, Balister, mis-timed the Dragonator, but used Large Barrel Bomb +es and Supply Large Barrel Bombs and a Supremacy Blade! Thanks for all of your help! :D Maybe now I'll be able to get stuff for the things that you suggested.

:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:49 pm

haruno wrote:

you have to be willing to at least try some of the advice otherwise why bother asking for help ya know?

I DID follow some advice. One of you guys posted a video. It involved hitting the STOMACH. So that's what I did mostly when I could or ran out of extra things like balister shot. Plus, the whole thing was at first about anti-dragon bombs. You guys answered that, and it REALLY contributes to the win.

Ty! :D
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
haruno wrote:

you have to be willing to at least try some of the advice otherwise why bother asking for help ya know?

I DID follow some advice. One of you guys posted a video. It involved hitting the STOMACH. So that's what I did mostly when I could or ran out of extra things like balister shot. Plus, the whole thing was at first about anti-dragon bombs. You guys answered that, and it REALLY contributes to the win.

Ty! :D

mhmm that was me that posted mazerons vid, the stomach is lao shans weakest melee spot, and with diablos d armor you can sit on it 24/7 without the wind screwing you up
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:19 am

Now I really should follow your advice on armor. Those creatures are STRONG in rank 7, Hm...
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:43 pm

BTW, I don't know how to make this "Diablos D Armor".
It's not on the Crafter's Lists.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Diablo D is made from Black Diablos stuff. As long as you've killed one (and maybe broken the horns for parts such as the helm) it should show up.
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Oh, i thought so. So far, I have not even fought one for more than several minutes. But that was a while ago when I did not have strong equipment.
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm

I just defeated one, but there still is no so called "Diablos D Armor" on the list! Mad by vort
Back to top Go down
Lief
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
I just defeated one, but there still is no so called "Diablos D Armor" on the list! Mad by vort
May have to fight more than 1.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Make sure you are breaking both horns off the black Diablos. You'll need them.
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 pm

BTW, the "Dorky" armor that I was refering to is the Makluva armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?   Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti-Dragon Bombs on a Lao-Shan Lung?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2