Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
chameleos?! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
chameleos?! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

chameleos?!

Go down 
+3
buggin
Deridor
monster_hawk_pimp_mi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
monster_hawk_pimp_mi
Kelbi
monster_hawk_pimp_mi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:31 pm

ok i killed a lunastra, so now im gonna try and kill a chemeleos. what weapon should i use?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Same weapon should work. Dual swords are demonic against a chameleos, if you know how to use them right

Hammer would work great, though you will NEVER reach his horn with a hammer (unless you trip him), though you can only break it with a dragon elemented weapon or, if you're lucky, a dragon elemented felyne companion attacking its horn.

There are a few ways to remove his invisibility:
1: Partial. smoke bombs (doesnt make him fully visible, just makes him shimmer more often as far as i remember)
2: Temporary. well timed sonic bomb/small barrel bombs/felyne's bombs (when he does an attack, rght as hes turning visible. my felyne always seems to get him at the right time, so a mainly bomb cat is a very good idea if you're having trouble)
3: Permanent. removing his horn AND tail (horn needs dragon damage to be removed (don't think impact or cutting matters), tail can only be removed at low health (40% i think) with a cutting weapon)

Watch out for his green spray attacks! especially with hammer, they are crippling. energy drinks are the only thing that cures the weird status (it reduces your stamina to its lowest, nothing but that exhausted run). Antidotes help with his poison gas attack (hard to dodge if you melee him) and pschoserum is a MUST. you will almost never find him if you lose him when he isn't paintballed (or when you start the quest)

So in short: bring energy drinks, antidote, and whatever else you usually do. Either stick to your current weapon (if its a hammer...) or use dual swords. Longswords could work too, i believe. never tried it, havent fought a chameleos since i was a dual sword user :O

As for specific weapons, i cant give any Sad by vort i dont know your exact level (village stars/hr) and can't look weapons up since i dont have my psp currently
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

Thank you Points : 9

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:26 pm

I used long sword and dragon feline. Broke the horn and cut the tail. ESP is a big plus on this one. I had all death stench except silver los chest which gave me esp without the health down.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Dual swords are the best for killing chameleos hands down......Chug down a megajuice run up to his back right (your left) leg and dance away. When he trips go inbetween his 4 legs and dance but try to make all the hits connect with the hind legs. When he gets back up just use a single hit and he should trip again. Rinse repeat till dead. Duals can easily kill a G rank cham in sub 15 min on first quest.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:24 pm

haruno wrote:
Dual swords are the best for killing chameleos hands down......Chug down a megajuice run up to his back right (your left) leg and dance away. When he trips go inbetween his 4 legs and dance but try to make all the hits connect with the hind legs. When he gets back up just use a single hit and he should trip again. Rinse repeat till dead. Duals can easily kill a G rank cham in sub 15 min on first quest.

would dual ultimus g work? or is the ian/los ds (fully up) better?
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Eddy wrote:
haruno wrote:

Punishment blades ftw. fire does more damage to cham than dragon does but dragon can remove horn. But who cares about the horn? The break rewards are crappy sicne it doesnt give chameleos or bedj which should be the only reasons why you fight cham D:
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:35 pm

haruno wrote:
Eddy wrote:
haruno wrote:

Punishment blades ftw. fire does more damage to cham than dragon does but dragon can remove horn. But who cares about the horn? The break rewards are crappy sicne it doesnt give chameleos or bedj which should be the only reasons why you fight cham D:

kk ill beat some chammy as* tomorrow. Doesn't the break give spikes?
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I have no problem getting horns in the reward. So far every break I have received at least one horn, some times two.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:28 am

buggin wrote:
I have no problem getting horns in the reward. So far every break I have received at least one horn, some times two.
Well horns are common. Most people aiming to farm chameleos are looking for big elder dragon jewels :X and using the dual ultimus kills precious time since a semi skilled ds user can EASILY kill a G ranked cham in sub 15 min with a sharp+1/sharp sword/Elemental attack up. Cham just doesnt stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:26 am

haruno wrote:
Most people aiming to farm chameleos are looking for big elder dragon jewels .

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what bedj meant. :lol:
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Lol :P it's okay it took me hella long to figure out what rofl and iirc means Dx
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:06 pm

haruno wrote:
iirc

Darn you and your riddles. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Excarius
Bnahabra
Excarius

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:36 am

buggin wrote:
haruno wrote:
Most people aiming to farm chameleos are looking for big elder dragon jewels .

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what bedj meant. :lol:

Carved his gem from his tail once. Guess what he stole about 2 minutes later? :evil:
Back to top Go down
CeadeusFan4Ever
Kelbi
CeadeusFan4Ever

Thank you Points : 0

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Man! Chameleos was easy for me! He's now one of my fav. monsters in the series! I even love his battle theme!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chameleos?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: chameleos?!   chameleos?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chameleos?!
Page 1 of 1