Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Gigginox vs. Khezu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
skullman99
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Fri May 27, 2011 11:41 pm

These creepy beasts are nasty. But who's worse? Who's more disgusting? And who's more badass?

IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE LIVING BOOGERS!!! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Fri May 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Khezu

/thread.
Back to top Go down
Excarius
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 1:30 am

Worse: Khezu
Gross: Khezu
Badass: Gigginox
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 3:16 am

Khezu gives you Thunder sacs. You need Thunder sacs to forge Eager Cleaver, therefore
Khezu>Gigginox
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 9:07 am

Well, I think that Khezu and Gigginox got together to produce the Thunder Gigginox Subspecies.
Back to top Go down
TheLilgurdi
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 am

giig armor is lso different from the creature itself, at least khezu armor was a bit fleshier and kinda looked like raw flesh
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Gigginox is my favourite monster so... yeah. xD
That most probably being because Tri is the only MH game I have thus far.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Khezu looks nasty, but seems to be easy to beat. (I haven't ever fought one, so I'm going solely on vids I've seen of it.)

Gigginox can't compare on the gross scale, excluding the birth scenes, but looks like a tougher fight than Khezu.

I like Gigginox more.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 9:59 pm

@Godzilla2195 wrote:
Khezu looks nasty, but seems to be easy to beat. (I haven't ever fought one, so I'm going solely on vids I've seen of it.)

Gigginox can't compare on the gross scale, excluding the birth scenes, but looks like a tougher fight than Khezu.

I like Gigginox more.

You have no idea how wrong you are. Mistakes on Khezu reward you with either death or major openings for massive damage. Especially his High / G rank counterparts and their move set...that lightning HURTS....weak Gigginox poison can't compare.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Nova wrote:
@Godzilla2195 wrote:

I like Gigginox more.

You have no idea how wrong you are. Mistakes on Khezu reward you with either death or major openings for massive damage. Especially his High / G rank counterparts and their move set...that lightning HURTS....weak Gigginox poison can't compare.

Never would have guessed that. Guess watching videos of the Pros doesn't help in my analysis.

Back to top Go down
skullman99
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I have to say, (Yes, I'm replying to myself Yes by vort ) that though the khezu is more deadly, it is also not only slower, but it can't go pitch-black. Also, though the Khezu's hide looks like white brains, the Gigginox's signature moves are butt-barfing a writhing ball of gunk that spawns giggi and hanging from the ceiling and eating your hunter alive. Basically, I think Gigginox wins for all 3. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon May 30, 2011 11:38 pm

@skullman99 wrote:
I have to say, (Yes, I'm replying to myself Yes by vort ) that though the khezu is more deadly, it is also not only slower, but it can't go pitch-black. Also, though the Khezu's hide looks like white brains, the Gigginox's signature moves are butt-barfing a writhing ball of gunk that spawns giggi and hanging from the ceiling and eating your hunter alive. Basically, I think Gigginox wins for all 3. :twisted:

Khezu whelps bite just like Giggi's and Khezu is possessed of the truly deadly attacks though.
Back to top Go down
kidd0218
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Tue May 31, 2011 6:49 am

More badass or disgusting?

For me, it comes down to these, Gigginox LOOKS badass but in reality Khezu will KILL YOU.
Back to top Go down
Zaleros
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

i had loads of fun with the khezu on 1 and have had some fun with our newer friend the giginox. i had the eager clever and have seen full khezu. the armor looks like a slightly bulky assassin and it used long ranged, split electric attacks that had no range limit until they hit the ceiling most of the time. all in all...khezu wins.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Tue May 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Gigginox = "God of Death"

Conversation concluded....
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 27

3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Can't we all just agree that they are both disgusting and equally a bi*** to fight?
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am

@Excarius wrote:
Worse: Khezu
Gross: Khezu
Badass: Gigginox

@skullman99 wrote:

@dcj91x wrote:
Gigginox = "God of Death"

Conversation concluded....

^What I think, you beat me to it (although I'm glad you did)

Gigginox ftw
Back to top Go down
Redstar634
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 am

Khezu>Gigginox
Khezu's weapons are sexy
Gigginox not so much
Back to top Go down
ghostwind101
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Khezu cause irs armor kinda reminds me of assasins creed (well the red khezu) The khezu will lierally eat you up if you make one mistake. Also the red khezu looks disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Step
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 68

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:17 pm

I don't know, from what I saw in videos of Khezu (Tri is my only MH game) his moves seem pretty easy to predict. They're mostly aimed towards the front so if you stay to the side of the Khezu you can steer clear of a lot of his attacks. Not only that, but he seems to be really sluggish and slow too, unlike the Gigginox who is far more agile.

I don't know which one's the most gross because I couldn't tell much in the videos I saw to reach an unbiased conclusion, but from what I gathered Gigginox is both harder and more badass. I mean climbing on walls and ceilings of pitch-black caves and pouncing on unsuspecting hunters. Can't get any more badass than that :P.

So yeah my vote goes mostly towards the Gigginox, although it's heavily biased because I never actually fought Khezu before.
Back to top Go down
http://supersteph54.newgrounds.com
kelidus
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:39 pm

khezu for sure. and for a real challenge, solo him with a lance. that's always fun
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 27

3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 am

@Step wrote:
I don't know, from what I saw in videos of Khezu (Tri is my only MH game) his moves seem pretty easy to predict. They're mostly aimed towards the front so if you stay to the side of the Khezu you can steer clear of a lot of his attacks. Not only that, but he seems to be really sluggish and slow too, unlike the Gigginox who is far more agile.

I don't know which one's the most gross because I couldn't tell much in the videos I saw to reach an unbiased conclusion, but from what I gathered Gigginox is both harder and more badass. I mean climbing on walls and ceilings of pitch-black caves and pouncing on unsuspecting hunters. Can't get any more badass than that :P.

So yeah my vote goes mostly towards the Gigginox, although it's heavily biased because I never actually fought Khezu before.

Well, you can't base your decision based on a video. I understand you said you have never fought one, but the Khezu isn't as predictable as you think. Yeah, you can stay behind the Khezu, but his back is very hard, and most weapons bounce off. AND don't forget that the Khezu will go nuts with it's surround electric attack, which makes it invulnerable to most attacks that a blademaster can dish out. Yes, Gigginox can shoot out a poison mist, but it doesn't stay as long as Khezu's electric body, and it doesn't do nearly as much damage. (this has now drifted from me saying that Khezu is harder than it looks from videos to my reason as why Khezu wins) Khezu ALSO doesn't have eyes, so you can't dive out of the way of it's attacks, and if you don't have Evade+, then you are in quite the pickle. And Khezu enraged just goes raep mode. Not to mention he's an original. Okay, that was long winded enough.
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
Step
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 68

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 am

RGNK Hermit wrote:
Well, you can't base your decision based on a video. I understand you said you have never fought one, but the Khezu isn't as predictable as you think. Yeah, you can stay behind the Khezu, but his back is very hard, and most weapons bounce off. AND don't forget that the Khezu will go nuts with it's surround electric attack, which makes it invulnerable to most attacks that a blademaster can dish out. Yes, Gigginox can shoot out a poison mist, but it doesn't stay as long as Khezu's electric body, and it doesn't do nearly as much damage. (this has now drifted from me saying that Khezu is harder than it looks from videos to my reason as why Khezu wins) Khezu ALSO doesn't have eyes, so you can't dive out of the way of it's attacks, and if you don't have Evade+, then you are in quite the pickle. And Khezu enraged just goes raep mode. Not to mention he's an original. Okay, that was long winded enough.

Told you my decision was heavily biased :P.

I saw more than one video though and really couldn't see anything unpredictable from the Khezu. Each video I saw had someone using a Longsword so when the Khezu did his 'surround electric attack' he did a fade slash and got away with it scot free. I mean in one video the guy got hurt enough times to count in one hand and he managed this just because he stayed at an angle from the Khezu's face, waited for him to do a frontal attack, unleashed a quick combo on him, repeat. This is a lot different from the Gigginox who jumps and climbs all over the place. You'll have to have some darn good evasion skills to dodge one of the Gigginox's 'ceiling to floor drops', unless of course your weapon can block.

But if everyone's saying the Khezu's attacks hurt and he's difficult, then I'll just keep my vote neutral for hardest, and keep to my decision that Gigginox is far more badass :3.
Back to top Go down
http://supersteph54.newgrounds.com
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 am

@Step wrote:

Take it from someone who's fought regular Khezu and Red Khezu, looks are deceiving. The balls of electricity he shoots paralyze you on the spot as well as give you damage. There were many times I'd misstep and get hit by one of these things only to get comboed by Khezu while paralyzed and carted. Best Khezu strategy is to hang towards its sides or behind. It's head is a very perilous place to be.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Wait isn't Khezu like mini-sized? Wiki says The majority of them are triple digit sizes... oh well idc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gigginox vs. Khezu   Today at 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Gigginox vs. Khezu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next