Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Share | 

I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ultimate Jaggi
Nargacuga

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: Death47
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Everytime i fight him he hits me with fire or calls a great jaggi and some jaggi/jaggia in to kill me im trying to use assassins dagger on him but my armor has -8 resistance to fire. Any tips on defeating him?
Back to top Go down
ghostwind101
Popo

WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 pm

get better armor, I just hammered him. Havent played Tri in a while so i kinda forgot which armor you should wear
Back to top Go down
eric89caon
Rathian

Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Wear full jaggi armor and you should be fine. When he calls in jaggi/jaggia kill them first so they don't bother you. As for the great jaggi just bring dung bombs to make him leave the area.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Nargacuga

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm

but if i wear full jaggi armor wont that make me like really weak to fire because jaggi armor is weak to fire right now i have jaggi helm leather vest no waist wear leather gloves and jaggi greaves and the jaggi peaces have -3 resistance to fire so why would i wear full jaggi?
Back to top Go down
Step
Nargacuga

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:09 pm

I'll tell you why.

Elemental resistances on armour aren't as important as you seem to make them sound, especially when the Qurupeco only has two fire moves, one of which is ridiculously easy to dodge. Getting full Jaggi gives you armour skills, and slots to gem in more armour skills. Armour skills are arguably a lot more important that elemental resistances.

With your current set you probably don't have any armour skills, and your defense is a lot lower than it would be if you had full Jaggi. Your fire resistance will be lower with full Jaggi, true, but that's hardly a problem when most of the Qurupeco's attacks deal raw damage and no fire damage. Even if the Qurupeco had more fire attacks you should probably still go for full Jaggi with it having a much higher defense than what you have now.

TL;DR: get a full armour set, and add decorations to it for more skills. Preferably get full Jaggi with it being a decent early armour set.
Back to top Go down
http://supersteph54.newgrounds.com
navgoose
Agnaktor

Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
but if i wear full jaggi armor wont that make me like really weak to fire because jaggi armor is weak to fire right now i have jaggi helm leather vest no waist wear leather gloves and jaggi greaves and the jaggi peaces have -3 resistance to fire so why would i wear full jaggi?

First the defense from full jaggi compared to what you have now will be a significant boost in survivability.

Second don't fret over the resistance on armor. It only affects elemental attack damage and blight, but not enough to worry about.

Third disregarding the above statements wear full jaggi for the attack up skill points.
Back to top Go down
deanstroyer
Khezu

WiiU ID: Deanstroyer

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 pm

if you have access to other weapons, a hammer is a great weapon for early game because you can super pound and not bounce, bouncing off peco's flintstones can be a real pain in the ass with early game weapons. thats my lil piece of advice.
Back to top Go down
shadowbinder
Tigrex

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I would do what Step said.

First: Get a better weapon, like a hammer.

It is easy to wield, and the power is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoWiiDSiXL
eric89caon
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:58 pm

dont listen to people who say use a different weapon type. if your comfortable with SnS, use SnS. The one you have is perfectly acceptable and is a fine choice for peco. Just aim for the belly and you wonrt have any bouncing problems.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:27 pm

You can also try doing the ludroth quests and making a royal claw. That should be your best SnS against qurupeco for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tyraell
Bullfango

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Or you're really worried about his fire moves, Rheno armor is a good choice as well, though I prefer Jaggi armor since it gives the nice atk boost.
But yea for SnS just bombard it with combo slashes. See if you can get a green sharpness weapon since most of our attacks will be deflected from its wings.
As for the jaggis. kill them first and dung bom the great jaggi.
Back to top Go down
Barrothhunter1
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Try using hunter armor with the iron hammer or just any hammer, or use a switch axe.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Uragaan

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Replace assassin's dagger with royal claw.

Otherwise, as long as you don't get hit by the fire attacks, you should be good.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Ceadeus

WiiU ID: Roon72
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Everytime i fight him he hits me with fire or calls a great jaggi and some jaggi/jaggia in to kill me im trying to use assassins dagger on him but my armor has -8 resistance to fire. Any tips on defeating him?

The best thing to do when Qurupeco strikes his flints together is to position yourself behind the big green bird or just run around him so you're not in front of him.

If you hate the fact that Peco calls a Great Jaggi, you'll really hate the High rank Peco who can call not just Great Jaggi, but Rathian and a Deviljho. I especially do not recommend you get MHP3rd/HD because the Red Peco calls something more fearsome to me than a Great Jaggi or even a Deviljho and that is the Black Tigrex. Stupid thing prevented me from carving the bird after we had slain it.
Back to top Go down
Excarius
Bnahabra

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Use at least hunter armor and a weapon of your choice. Bring dug bombs to scare jaggis off. While most of his attacks are easy to dodge even at close range... he has a sudden flint explosion attack which seems to get me every time.
Back to top Go down
Thor
Popo

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

If the peco is calling a minion or boss just throw a sonic bomb when it in the middle of calling. It will not just stop the call you'll even have time to hit it!!
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Nargacuga

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks everyone but stop suggesting i switch to hammer cause i am NOT going to because SnS is what i like so i use that
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Barroth

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Well I used the Ludroth's Nail with full Hunter's armor to beat him on my first try. Although it tokk me 45 minutes to kill him >_>
Back to top Go down
BT Esq
Deviljho

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Thanks everyone but stop suggesting i switch to hammer cause i am NOT going to because SnS is what i like so i use that
If you insist on using the sns - make sure to learn to use the shield bash - it doesn't bounce and will eventually KO the monster after enough hits to the head.
Back to top Go down
Venusjmd
Bnahabra

PostSubject: Re: I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am

I first beat him with Ludroth's Nail Sword and Shield and full Jaggi armor. It took about 40 minutes, but it definately worked! Now I can kill him in less than 10 minutes with Ludroth Bone Sword and Baggi armor, but those come later. =Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/zelkmassb

I JUST CANT SEEM TO KILL A QURUPECO?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1