Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Disappointed.... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Disappointed.... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disappointed....

Go down 
+10
Wishmaster
buggin
Yamatsu
X Kitsune X
Phazon Xenomorph
Jojozityjo
haruno
nasalsniper312
Thor
Roon
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 pm

This is just something I've been noticing a lot lately, but I'm finding that with the exception of a few most of the Freedom Unite players on Ad Hoc are all stuck up, snobbish, elitist, rude, unhelpful jerks. I'm telling you, if you want to pin one cause for people getting turned off from Monster Hunter, it's these people. It really infuriates me that these people think little of other people and it's beneath them to help others because they're not Freedom Unite Gods.
Back to top Go down
Thor
Popo
Thor

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:50 pm

And what do you want me to do about it.....
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:14 am

Thor wrote:

FIX IT!
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 am

Roon wrote:
This is just something I've been noticing a lot lately, but I'm finding that with the exception of a few most of the Freedom Unite players on Ad Hoc are all stuck up, snobbish, elitist, rude, unhelpful jerks. I'm telling you, if you want to pin one cause for people getting turned off from Monster Hunter, it's these people. It really infuriates me that these people think little of other people and it's beneath them to help others because they're not Freedom Unite Gods.
at least they're good...........
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 am

well roon, if you think about it ... usually richer people only have ad-hoc ... you pretty much described a rich persons stereotype >.<

though i do empathize, it'd be nice to play with decent people on these great games. Maybe thats why japan has better sales and more popularity in MH, not as many assholes.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
well roon, if you think about it ... usually richer people only have ad-hoc ... you pretty much described a rich persons stereotype >.<

though i do empathize, it'd be nice to play with decent people on these great games. Maybe thats why japan has better sales and more popularity in MH, not as many assholes.

Perhaps but do keep in mind the Japanese have it EASIER than us.....their Para / ko lasts longer, their bombs do more damage...all with the same monster health values. US / EU players, the good ones, are better on average than our Japanese counterparts based on this information. Thus it's not odd to find some on things like Ad-Hoc being complete assholes.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:57 am

i did not know they made their effects better/longer than ours, so in a way they are kinda snobs in more subtle ways. Still, MH should be a hunter friendly game, continuous a-holes need to back off. Harder game or not it doesnt give a person the right to be a snob. There needs to be more cool people, or at least people who dont openly brag about being a snob :/
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:13 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
i did not know they made their effects better/longer than ours, so in a way they are kinda snobs in more subtle ways. Still, MH should be a hunter friendly game, continuous a-holes need to back off. Harder game or not it doesnt give a person the right to be a snob. There needs to be more cool people, or at least people who dont openly brag about being a snob :/

True, like when I brag about my ability, I'm not really doing it to be an elitist or snob in that manner. I do it cause I see it as enjoying the challenge the games give me and being able to overcome them solo-play. But I do see that there are people who think their talent makes them gods gift to gaming and indeed those people suck.

If I had Ad-hoc i'd love to play with Roon and perhaps if she'd want, teach somethings I know, and if she didn't want to know, I'd still help pwn the monster. She'd certainly be better than a Felyne companion!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:27 am

id play with any of you guys if i had adhoc >.<
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 am

Actually Roon, I've been online with AdHoc for about 2 weeks now, and the majority of people (Apart from two who thought arrows bouncing off the kushala's aura was nooby, lol) are pretty cool. Maybe you've just had some bad luck?
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

3DS friends code:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 am

Thor wrote:

See, this is the sort of attitude that is driving me away from Freedom Unite. It seems like everyone that plays Unite are apathetic jerks. I mean those of you that like Unite, you fail to see things through my eyes. On Tri and even Portable 3rd when i see a Low Rank room I go out of my way to help the people do their quests and I'm seriously High Rank in those games. Really, is everyone that plays Unite with the exception of a few people adolescent losers with no life who just like making me feel like trash? Why can't Unite players be nice, respectful people always willing to help everybody out with patience and respect that someone like me is trying to like this game. What did I ever do to you to be treated like scum? Oh, I think i know what it is, I prefer Tri and Portable 3rd and therefore my happiness is obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 am

Ohohoho...
hohoho
I think I see the problem.
The fact that you're trying to play with US people (I'm trying not to offend anyone here).
From most of the complaints about randies I saw they were aimed at US people for rudeness and French people for being just plain bad (this applies to some of each group. I met a French guy when I first started out on Tri and he was really nice as well as a good hunter).
I think you should try to get the EU Ad-Hoc Party. I've met some pretty awesome people on there. Although I don't use US one much anyways. I've only used it to hunt with you and Kanade. :P

Main point is that you'll find some ruder people on US server as opposed to others.
Japanese players can be great for politeness but can also be huge elitists. I don't really use JP Ad-Hoc much. :I

PS. Why no Ad-Hoc party updates?!?! FFFF Sony.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

3DS friends code:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:20 am

Ah, yes, I think i will look into setting up a European Account on my PS3 then. My biggest hurdle with Freedom Unite is that unlike Tri or Portable 3rd even familiar monsters, like Rathian and Rathalos, move in a way that I'm not accustomed to. They're a bit more rough and jerky, so my timing is a bit off. And he hitboxes, despite what some say, aren't as tight and streamlined as Tri or Portable 3rd as well. With Unite it's like learning a totally new, different game despite it still being a Monster hunter game. Unite just has a vastly different aesthetic and feel to it than what I'm used to. I just need to start hunting the monsters over and over again to really get a feel for what I need to do but elitist jerks aren't doing me any favors.
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

Thank you Points : 9

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:48 am

Well I play on ad-hoc and help the lower HR's move up all the time. I think the last dozen times I have played I didn't fight anything that I actually needed to fight because I was helping others. I have only seen a few rude people on there. When I do meet them I just change rooms and all is good. And by the way I am not rich or stuck up. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Wishmaster
Aptonoth
Wishmaster

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 am

only been on ad hoc once.. and it was very quiet. Only one person there and he/she was doing hr9 things, so i had no business there.

Thanks to a thread in this forum i kinda started playing fallout3 again and kinda addicted to this now. Adding my World of Warcraft and me still needing to finish my paper for school.. hard to find time playing. If i start playing MHFU again, ill be on ad hoc. I promise ;)

Not that i can help a lot, since i am only hr2 in gh quests and still cant kill tiggy urgent.. *lol*
Back to top Go down
Conbob
Kelbi
Conbob

3DS friends code:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Roon wrote:

I've only been on Ad Hoc once and just got mocked for the whole quest. I think the whole point of being able to hunt with other people is so that you can help and in turn be helped (and enjoy yourself in the mean time)

MH is simply one of the best game series ever made and it's a shame that snooty people have to spoil it... abit like COD (which seems to be full of racists and trolls.)
Back to top Go down
Vincent
Aptonoth
Vincent

Thank you Points : 5

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 am

Jojozityjo wrote:

Hell yeah, I didn't know I was rich for having a PS3.

Glad to know, time to buy myself a GTR.
Back to top Go down
DarkHazard
Melynx
DarkHazard

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 pm

i play ad- hoc all the time, and i've found it is distinctly split to the HR9's with mics who taunt everyone and the nicer lower rank hunters who are usually more polite. i've also noticed there is often that one high rank who goes out of their way to help people.

the ultimate advice for this problem: if you don't like a group, leave and find a new one.
Back to top Go down
Lief
Aptonoth

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Live in the US and I don't have adhoc. Would love to play with people on MHFU. >.> I'm not some elitist...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disappointed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed....   Disappointed.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointed....
Page 1 of 1