Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting] Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting] Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting] Empty
PostRoblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting]

There is a sandbox like MMO called roblox which allows you to script and build games.

At first it will appear as a childish game, but there is NOTHING childish about roblox... besides a couple childish users.

I have been on roblox 2-3years now and still can't script Lua good... too many functions and values get mixed up alot because they can go into the thousandths.

I saw the mine craft MH project yesterday and thought the same thing could be done on roblox. Roblox has endless possibilities, and if I can gather enough good Lua scripters we could make the next hit game on roblox. "Builders" would also be required, they would make the physical things(map, monsters, buildings, weapons, armor, etc.), then the scripters make those things work. A good graphic artist would be handy, for retexturing hats/armor, in-game pictures, GUI images, monster textures, and decals.

My roblox IGN is 15lbaxter(I would be hosting the game on my account), and am somewhat famous... so I have connections if we need something. I have a membership with roblox so I have enough money(R$ as it is called) to fund the project.

Information on roblox: It is a sandbox MMO where the users make the game using bricks, GUIs, meshes, decals, and Lua script. Roblox has 1,000,000+ daily users and is based out of california. The roblox admins are strict about everything, as in saying @$$(in that way) can get you a 1day ban. Roblox has a group system which has adopted into a Clan and Guild like thing.

If you have questions please post here. If you would like to help with the project, PM or post here with your past history with C++/C# and GUIs. Remember, roblox is unique in building, think of lego on steroids with scripting/programing, meshes, AIs, NPC possibilities, and much more.

Thanks, Valk.

Current News: Still Recruiting, need "builders" along with scripters.

Scripters:
Stuff
_____
_____
_____
_____

Builders:
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____

Graphic Artists:
_____

Last edited by Sir Valk on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting] :: Comments

Sir Valk
Re: Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting]
Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm by Sir Valk
No one Sad by vort?
Tarath
Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm by Tarath
Wrong section, this belongs in the world outside of MH, or Non-MH games.

*Shoots a mod flare*
Kanade
Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:18 pm by Kanade
received
Stuff
Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm by Stuff
Hmm. Lua. I was gonna look into that next. PSP seems to use that alot. No, my exp with C++/C# isn't reliable, but if there are no takers >.>... I can understand for the most part when I look at code, and understand how the syntax works.

What I've done in C#...a mod in wiird attached a C# command line exe that he made to output a list of weapons and items and such and their descriptions from Tales of Symphonia using a full ram dump and a dump of the table in memory. I dl'd the source and changed it up to use only a full ram dump and to list my friends in MH3 and their id in a text file. That way, I could copy and paste them into a htm I made to produce a friend reorder code with some javascript. Unfortunately, I can't link to that page because it's used to produce a CHEAT CODE, and also, after some frustration, I decided to vent on that page too. lol

I also changed the same app up so that it outputs a list of the weapon names and the address they are found in so that I can make weapon rename codes. I haven't posted my weapon rename code because 1)I want to break it down so it looks like your using the corresponding mod digits, 2)I want the app to also output the code for me, 3)the same mod originally gave me the idea of using redirecting the pointer in the table so that it points to the code instead, giving you unlimited text space. That does work, but I want it to be user friendly so mod digits once again come into play.
"only related to my weapon rename code":
But then new haxxin ideas come to my head, and I've left that on queue for some time.

I've made a bootleg notepad in visual basic and a calculator in java both for class.
That's all I can remember at the moment. Don't know how acceptable this exp is to you, but if no one else is available, I'm willing to help out so I can say I've done this as well next time someone asks. XD

But I think there are better people here. Hopefully someone will speak up.

Sir Valk wrote:
The roblox admins are strict about everything, as in saying @$$(in that way) can get you a 1day ban.
I don't like this though. I understand being strict about language because of who may be viewing, but you have to be a little lenient.
Sir Valk
Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 am by Sir Valk
Stuff wrote:
Hmm. Lua. I was gonna look into that next. PSP seems to use that alot. No, my exp with C++/C# isn't reliable, but if there are no takers >.>... I can understand for the most part when I look at code, and understand how the syntax works.

What I've done in C#...a mod in wiird attached a C# command line exe that he made to output a list of weapons and items and such and their descriptions from Tales of Symphonia using a full ram dump and a dump of the table in memory. I dl'd the source and changed it up to use only a full ram dump and to list my friends in MH3 and their id in a text file. That way, I could copy and paste them into a htm I made to produce a friend reorder code with some javascript. Unfortunately, I can't link to that page because it's used to produce a CHEAT CODE, and also, after some frustration, I decided to vent on that page too. lol

I also changed the same app up so that it outputs a list of the weapon names and the address they are found in so that I can make weapon rename codes. I haven't posted my weapon rename code because 1)I want to break it down so it looks like your using the corresponding mod digits, 2)I want the app to also output the code for me, 3)the same mod originally gave me the idea of using redirecting the pointer in the table so that it points to the code instead, giving you unlimited text space. That does work, but I want it to be user friendly so mod digits once again come into play.
"only related to my weapon rename code":
But then new haxxin ideas come to my head, and I've left that on queue for some time.

I've made a bootleg notepad in visual basic and a calculator in java both for class.
That's all I can remember at the moment. Don't know how acceptable this exp is to you, but if no one else is available, I'm willing to help out so I can say I've done this as well next time someone asks. XD

But I think there are better people here. Hopefully someone will speak up.

Sir Valk wrote:
The roblox admins are strict about everything, as in saying @$$(in that way) can get you a 1day ban.
I don't like this though. I understand being strict about language because of who may be viewing, but you have to be a little lenient.

I see, sounds pretty good. Your my best nominee atm. I think vort would be good at this too. For what is required, I think 2-3 scripters and 2-3 "builders" would be best.

Anyone else? Lua seems smiple enough to learn, and roblox has a tutorial on it's wiki. I with stuff could make quite a bit, but Im thinking of a massive 30 players per server(room) game. It would not take long with a team, but if we want monster attacks, GUIs, experience points, NPCs, and good weapons it will take awhile.

On roblox there are a couple MH fan groups that may like to pitch in, and my clan has 500 members and most scripters so thats a up.

Thanks, Valk
Stuff
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 pm by Stuff
alright. So lets get this show on the road. You say people there may want to pitch in so lets rally them up. Do I have to create an account or can I just script stuff without one? Lets put something bootleg together to get the project started and so we have something to show. Draw some circles and whatnot and make them do stuff.
Sir Valk
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 am by Sir Valk
Stuff wrote:
alright. So lets get this show on the road. You say people there may want to pitch in so lets rally them up. Do I have to create an account or can I just script stuff without one? Lets put something bootleg together to get the project started and so we have something to show. Draw some circles and whatnot and make them do stuff.

=D great enthusiasm! Yes, you will need a account and script via their own "studio" building mode, then make the scripts models so I can use them for the game. I will build a small example island tonight using some of my own scripts, I expect it to have a Quest Giving Guildie, a monster(G. Jaggi most likely), a basic sword, example GUIs, and some other things just to show what possibilities roblox has.

Stuff, im gonna PM you what you could get started on.

Roblox Monster Hunter Game [Recruiting]

Page 1 of 1