Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
MHWF, let's hunt together!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Related Topics and Discussion

Get ConnectedHomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Capcom hosting a contest for the west to have a fan made event weapon in MH4U!
Deviljho Tactics 5 5 1
Share | 

Deviljho Tactics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wingzero7428
Kelbi

PostSubject: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm trying to prepare mysself for the 5 star urgent against Deviljho. I heard he can be a pain in the ass, so I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on some good tactics to use against him? Status attacks? Armor? Any specific items I should be bringing along? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
AzureRaven
Uragaan

Monster Hunter Information
WiiU ID: 20
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Well, tinged/drugged/etc. meat works well, since he has to eat an awful lot. Load up on the normal traps/bombs and what not. Bring a dragon/thunder element weapon if at all possible, it's his biggest weaknesses. Dung Bombs help, he can pin you down like Los, Ian, and Giggles. Also, when he's enraged he'll take a deep breath, and if you get hit when he breathes out, you'll get hit by dragonblight and start doing way less damage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/SilverJin02
BastionWyvern
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Azure have u fought Deviljho before? even though your HR is lower then his official quest? or did u just fight him on a higher rank mission when he was wandering around?
Back to top Go down
AzureRaven
Uragaan

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Never fought him myself, but I've seen videos and read a lot about him.
I've done my homework, cause I can't wait to fight him. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/SilverJin02
BastionWyvern
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 3:29 pm

ahhhh i need to do that too even though im still as far from fighting him as you are. I just wanan kill him as revenger for complicating my high rank hunts with his "hey guys! whatcha doin?" pop up appearances.
Back to top Go down
Psychodrake
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 4:33 pm

AzureRaven wrote:
Well, tinged/drugged/etc. meat works well, since he has to eat an awful lot. Load up on the normal traps/bombs and what not. Bring a dragon/thunder element weapon if at all possible, it's his biggest weaknesses. Dung Bombs help, he can pin you down like Los, Ian, and Giggles. Also, when he's enraged he'll take a deep breath, and if you get hit when he breathes out, you'll get hit by dragonblight and start doing way less damage.

Ah, let me just say this being a person with over 50 DJ kills most of which lasted between 5-12 minutes with my usual DJ farming team (E-Peen flashing was unnecessary I know), meat isn't the best idea. Deviljho fatigues a LOT, and fatigue also increases the duration of Pitfall traps. The best thing to do is to have the entire team take turns using Pitfalls while hes fatigued (At least two pitfalls per fatigue). IF you want, you can have some tinged meat ready if you feel he won't reach another pitfall before raging, but its generally better to spam pitfalls. Doesn't mean meat is all bad, use a sleep meat at the start of the fight and place some LBB+'s at his face for (Massive) extra damage and a face break, or at his belly for even more damage but less breakage. You only do this once though. Another point is paralysis weapons. If someone with a para weapon is present, stay away from Tinged meat. It messes with it a little and ends up with you just feeding DJ.

You can roll his roar. A very useful thing to know as it can save your ass, especially if you're the guy with the hammer like I always am. You can roll a few more attacks such as his tail whip and his HUGE hip-check, but it depends on the positioning. Fight him in the desert, always edge your team to select the desert version, fighting him in the Tundra isn't terrible but there are tons of Popo for him to eat to get out of fatigue, and he can go into the dark cave. That is a nightmare, seriously, all you can see is a glowing red inflated balloon of death and despair. The volcano is just horrible due to all the bumps and hills, not to mention the lava and fire and extra death. Also, aptonoth for him to eat more readily.

Aim for the belly, this is a serious weak point until he enrages and even then it is still a serious weak point, if you stay underneath him most of his attacks will go right over your head apart from his hip-check, which will remove you from underneath him and deal an incredible amount of ouch. Hammer should go for the head but due to Deviljho's hyperactive nature, it is excusable for the hammer to attack the legs and belly too. Lances should aim for the tail primarily IF you want it off, it is very easy to get off once he is shock-trapped or paralyzed. 4 Lancers can have it off in a single shock-trap. Greatsword has a much easier time with the tail than all the others. AVOID LONGSWORDS, for DJ they will be a huge hinderance due to the belly being the main weak-point, meaning the LS user will actually have little choice but to go all out and knock down teammates.

One last tip is to bring tranqs and cap him to lower the time. The reward is generally the same but you have around an 8% chance of a gem in rewards for a cap, and sometimes you may even get a few more stacks. Only kill if your farming Fangs, as these can be carved quite commonly.

Hope thats enough for you to get started on him.

EDIT: Changed pitfall to shocktrap for cutting tail. His tail is underground in a pitfall as usual, I was just typing faster than I was thinking.

EDIT2: A very helpful tip I missed out. Monsters usually only dribble to show they're tired, but Deviljho will actually secrete some kind of acid from his mouth which will sound very sloshy when he tries to take a bite, and will decrease your armor value. This is a good sign to use a pitfall and usually more noticable than a bit of dribble.
Back to top Go down
BastionWyvern
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

niiiicee tips drake i will deff keep these in mind when im about to fight him, especially the lance tips as i am a lancer.
Back to top Go down
wingzero7428
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Thank you very much for the tips! I will definitely be well prepared when I go after him now. One other thing I am wondering, what would be the best weapons for a party to take? Maybe a combinating of bowgun, greatsword, hammer, and para lance?
Back to top Go down
Psychodrake
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 5:17 pm

wingzero7428 wrote:
Thank you very much for the tips! I will definitely be well prepared when I go after him now. One other thing I am wondering, what would be the best weapons for a party to take? Maybe a combinating of bowgun, greatsword, hammer, and para lance?

I actually say 4 lances, 3 lances and a hammer or 2 lances and 2 hammers are best if you can all work well together. One time two of the team used Gobuulu Muraaka while two of us used Alatreon Metamorph's, and we worked in a weird synergy that overcame Deviljho through sheer stunning power. Once in a pitfall (Fatigued) the paralysis went off, both lancers instantly charged into his sides so they couldn't move away, whilst me and the other hammer constantly triple pounded his head on either side. It went like this, Pitfall -> Paralysis -> KO -> Paralysis -> KO and then he finally came out of it. The lancers constantly refreshed the charge if the Paralysis failed to proc. IF you can master this kind of synergy, he is incredibly easy to bring down, but in the end I suggest you go with what your comfortable with. The thing with DJ is you want to be on your toes constantly because of his tendancy to trap you in a combo, as he usually targets one person for 3-4 attacks when enraged. It isn't good if you're unfamiliar with a certain weapon or playstyle.

A bowgunner may be a better idea once you are all more accustomed to him. I think we only tried bowgunner 3-4 times in all my runs, but the guy was a good gunner. He fainted a few times for the first 2 runs, but the last 2 went very well and he could quite happily blast away at the DJ without much fear - It was 2 hammers, 1 Paralysis lance and a bowgunner iirc. My fastest run was with the bowgunner, I believe we killed him in under 10 minutes.

Your combination sounds solid, if the gunner is experienced enough and up for it I say go for it. The GS should concentrate on the tail, the lance on the stomach and the hammer on the face - The gunner must watch out if using clusts or pellets.

EDIT: Mini fail again.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bright
Jaggi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Only trap when he's enraged. Poisoned/tinted/etc. meats. First time try to figure out his attacks and stuff so you know when you can attack and when you have to run. Always be careful though
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/PixelSlapper
Psychodrake
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Bright wrote:
Only trap when he's enraged. Poisoned/tinted/etc. meats. First time try to figure out his attacks and stuff so you know when you can attack and when you have to run. Always be careful though

It's far better to trap him when hes fatigued rather than enraged.
Back to top Go down
kushalaD14
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:06 am

I would suggest a thunder weapon over dragon because his tail is weaker to thunder than dragon. (scource Monster hunter wiki, Page: Deviljho, Article: Hitzone charts.) But thats if your aiming to lop his tail off.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Ceadeus

WiiU ID: אהבה לנשוך אותי
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Deviljho Tactics   Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 am

^please do not post in old topics that have been answered etc.

Welcome to the forums btw.
Back to top Go down

Deviljho Tactics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1