Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bought a PSP and Unite... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bought a PSP and Unite... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bought a PSP and Unite...

Go down 
+4
Crazy587
Tarath
TerribleTimmy
Stormy Times
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Bought a PSP and Unite... Empty
PostSubject: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 am

Just got started on this, not even cleared all the 1star quests yet. Been using the GS and HH mainly, and working on getting Giaprey armour because the basic snow clothes are kinda lame =/ any certain things I should immediately work towards, and any tips on using the GS/HH?
Back to top Go down
TerribleTimmy
Popo
TerribleTimmy

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 am

No real advice about the HH from me, never really got into it myself, but if you're just starting and (i'm assuming somewhat expierenced from MHT) then the guild hall quests give the opportunity to fight a much larger deversity of monsters early on than grinding through all the village quests. At least I think so. Memory is kinda fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:10 am

Wahey, beat a few Giadromes, they're much weaker than Great Jaggi was when I first started Tri - gonna make full Giaprey and a Ravager Blade for now I think

EDIT: Keep getting crashed by Blangonga. Not got good enough armour to beat him yet...
Back to top Go down
TerribleTimmy
Popo
TerribleTimmy

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:38 am

Yea get used to that. (the getting stuck on a certain monster thing not the blangonga crashing) The game is quite a lot longer than MHT with a muchmuch larger monster base added up since MH1. A lot of which cannot all be fought the same way. Especially if you are playing through it solo then you will be stuck at various points in the game on multiple different monsters that will force you to bring up your game, unlock some untapped hunter talent and go all out in ways you didn't know you could. Definately one of my favorite monster hunter games in terms of difficulty, fun, detail, and sense of accomplishment. Sad to say but MHT doesn't offer what MHFU did. But I love Tri none the less.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:29 pm

HAH! He tried it again and I killed him after a while and getting hit a lot. Full Veloci + Ravager is pretty damn strong hah.

Also the Ceanataur Blade wants parts from Shogun Ceanataur right?
Back to top Go down
TerribleTimmy
Popo
TerribleTimmy

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 pm

yes. Hammers make hermatures/ceanatures a cinch. Also if you're going to be soloing everything hammers and GSs are your friends.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Goddamit.

Want the Ceanataur Blade, faced Shogun twice, both times a bloody nightmare and no legs off him. Plenty of shells and small shells, but none of the two legs. Might as well make Iron Striker. Anything so he doesn't take 20 minutes and a ton of stress to beat. GS just isn't great on him

Back to top Go down
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I find ls tears hermitaur to pieces. You may wish to invest in an eager cleaver...
Back to top Go down
TerribleTimmy
Popo
TerribleTimmy

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 pm

GS is fine against him if you're using the right sword. But yea hammer is easily the best weapon choice for all of the crab monsters in my opinion. They don't seem to handle blunt damage well at all and the hammer let's you stun them, knock them over, and break both claws and back in no time at all. I forget what early hammer I used. Was either the basic ore crafted one or that kutku one idk.
Back to top Go down
Crazy587
Popo
Crazy587

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 pm

If you're still using the hunting horn then try and find one with white and red notes. The damage boost is needed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ladekhan014?feature=mhum
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Okay, what the hell is this?

Was trying to hunt a Kut-Ku, takes me 15 minutes to find him because he zones too damn fast. Guess what happens then? Three Bullfangos hitting me every two seconds so I can't even attack it. Broken tail hitbox cancels out all my attacks and I die because I spend more time trying to heal than anything else.

Just, right, nothing. I am done with that. Why bother, honestly...
Back to top Go down
TerribleTimmy
Popo
TerribleTimmy

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Ah the KutKu. The originalGangsta of MH. Its not hard at all really but like all monsters there are tricks. If you throw a sonic bomb(or blow it up with an explosive) the sound will stun him momentarily. Hammer is also pretty good against him due to low hanging head and predictable moveset. But then again all weps are good against the kutku.

Its lucky its cute cuz man is it weak.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
I find ls tears hermitaur to pieces. You may wish to invest in an eager cleaver...

i find a lot of things tears through hermitaur, especial my dual swords XP
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Fought Rathian last night...was...intense, to say the least. Noticed how Velociprey really hate Rathian, and judging by the ecology they have good reason too. Stuck with the Ravager Blade still as theres no better GS I can get at 1-3 guild (bollocks to the elder, can't be bothered with that) and...how the hell do you do them Goldenfish quests? The only spot is useless with Goldenfish bait and I keep getting crashed by Daimyo Hermitaur every 5 seconds. At least my Velociprey armour and its Negate Stun is saving me a lot.

Also how do I get to the 4star missions? Do each and every 1-3 star? Kill 50 Vespoid...nothx

EDIT: Beat Congalaga. Easy apart from dying from WHAT THE HELL HIT ME? Next up is Daimyo. He's gonna pay for crashing me at Goldenfish lol
Back to top Go down
Durans
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Stormy Times wrote:
how the hell do you do them Goldenfish quests?

Also how do I get to the 4star missions?

For the golden fish quests you have be at the right fishing spot on that map and keep going in and out of the zone until some goldenfish are there to catch (each time you exit and reenter the zone there will be a random assortment of fish there.)

To unlock the next level of quests there are certain key quest you have to complete to unlock the next urgent.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 am

Checked. Needed to beat Congalala, Daimyo Hermitaur and Cephadrome. Now I'm stuck at Blangonga who is too damn fast and I have no idea how food works in this game so I'm stuck at 100HP.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:03 pm

There's a link to food recipes in the SQ Hotline.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Okay, certain things boost certain stats, now I don't know how to get the damn cat to cook me anything, I've got one hired in that Felyne Kitchen but can't find the option for 'order food' or anything like that.

Might as well make the Bullfango Head and gem in Health+50 for all its worth.

EDIT: Oh for, its only Health+30 with 16 points. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Frohze
Felyne
Frohze

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Stormy Times wrote:
Checked. Needed to beat Congalala, Daimyo Hermitaur and Cephadrome. Now I'm stuck at Blangonga who is too damn fast and I have no idea how food works in this game so I'm stuck at 100HP.
use a bow for blangonga if you think its too fast, I killed my first blangonga with kut-ku stave XD
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Just sit at the damn table, like in Tri.

Also, make sure that's a Chef and not a Comrade...
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:47 pm

1bighiccup wrote:
Just sit at the damn table, like in Tri.

Also, make sure that's a Chef and not a Comrade...

Finally managed to work it out - shame the best stuff I can get is +10 HP atm, ah well =/

Also learnt how to hammer right, L+Tri+Circ is a draw-into-superpound-while-moving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a PSP and Unite...   Bought a PSP and Unite... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a PSP and Unite...
Page 1 of 1