Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Seriously..WHAT is this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://nintendoeverything.com/73641

If this is a fake, fine (and good thing, too) but if not, seriously, what the hell? Does this look like Monster Hunter to you? It to me looks like some completely different game with MH characters thrown in to fool the fans into buying it.

inb4dcjdisagrees
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Florenz
Rajang

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am

It''s still in development, you've ONLY seen a 2 minute long trailer, and you don't like it already. I wonder, are you in real life also such a negative criticist? Is it really necessary to complain about almost everything, while you don't even know the details of a game under development? Are you really that short minded?
Back to top Go down
Shiera
Rathian

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Anyone else notice there were no zone transitions? Personally, if this were factual gameplay it wouldn't bother me. it would be like fusing Monster Hunter with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (A fun combo). I'm more curious to see if they'll be doing away with zones, doubtful but it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

Oh look.. videos from other MH games... Huh thats odd... People are running from monsters in all of them and setting them up for traps and ambushes...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfr40XVqJ0g

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFLaW4zqlv4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbe-qpHxozQ

Ok I'm done with that.. Any ways.. The video does not actually show anything that the other videos didn't... So those getting upset over it please keep in mind... It's just a promo video.. it's made to look cool not actually show game play..

Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 155

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:18 pm

and look cool it does :P
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 57

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Yes, to look good, but you should also get on the people who are taking it as if it were fact, not just the people who don't like it.
I am just saying why some of it would be highly unlikely to happen, and if it did indeed happen how unlikely it would happen very often.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Not getting on to anybody. Just thinking those who like it and those who didn't like it need to just take it for what it is. An announcement for a new Monster Hunter game! Regardless of what system it's on or what the video announcement looked like. We are getting a new monster hunter game.

It's not the system it's on I like, it's the game I like and even if it were on system I didn't have I'd still be happy because it gets people playing a series I love.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Not getting on to anybody. Just thinking those who like it and those who didn't like it need to just take it for what it is. An announcement for a new Monster Hunter game! Regardless of what system it's on or what the video announcement looked like. We are getting a new monster hunter game.

It's not the system it's on I like, it's the game I like and even if it were on system I didn't have I'd still be happy because it gets people playing a series I love.

AMEN!

Monster hunter Tri being on the wii didn't even stop me from getting that game and enjoying every last bit of it's awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 pm

@dcj91x wrote:

Amen dude, I couldnt have said it any better just be happy we got a monster hunter game coming soon.
Back to top Go down
CeadeusFan4Ever
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't care what everyone else thinks! I am SOOOOO happy about this new game and that there are NEW monsters in it!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! *Cheers with Felyne army.* :cheers:
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:15 pm

I may get seriously hurt by saying this but... oh well, i got nothing to lose.
The game itself looks (IMO) how Monster Hunter should have been from the start, I mean, mostly of the first MH was to finding the monster and hiting it until death (reason why it got negative critics and a lot of people didn't want to buy it) In tri there was more movement in some kind of way. Other problem that the MH has is the area divided by loading zones, in 4 the place is more open and really put you to investigate the place (want to see recolection quests this way). With more emphasis on action and exploration is a lot more interesting than the first MH(imo again). Then the video wasn't how the game will end, its STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, and I don't want to see to many games with the same mechanics. In part of the multiplayer I don't see to much complication, is for 3DS so everyone with their screen and exploring (in the opening of P3rd when the yukumo guy throws a paint ball there is a pink smoke that spreads and another hunter follows it to the place where that guy is, I want to see this). Really (imo) there is not to much complication in multiplayer (maybe now we can see a free exploration like Tri has but in greater levels). And finally the areas will AT LAST together, no more loading zones.
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:32 pm

The way the trailer looks to me, is as if the areas the hunter ran through were just that, areas of a level. So instead of a scripted event, like some people keep mentioning, it's more like zone 3 of the specific level you're at.

In all previous monster hunter games, the monsters don't actively pursue you into other areas. Sure they stumble into them but only if it's programmed in their AI to move to the next area. They don't see you running out of their area and chase after you.

But what if the monster did actively chase you across the entire level, not just stay in their designated area until it's time to turn on their flying/digging/walking AI to move to the next area. Which was always awkwardly unrealistic.

So say Capcom get's rid of the loading between areas, or even uses that jumping scene in lieu of the loading screen!

So you see a tigrex in area 2 of plains or desert or whatever, and it takes notice of you. You fight it for a bit and then realize you need to take a break and go potion and sharpen. But oh crap! It's chasing you! All over the map!

So instead of taking advantage of the monster being slow at turning around to heal. Or just jumping into the next area. You actually have to run across a bunch of plateaus and actually hide somewhere significant.

Sorry for the long winded script. I just thought the trailer was an interesting glimpse of some of the great changes capcom could institute to this monster hunter instead of just adding monsters and weapons. (Which of course are key)

blah, done.
Back to top Go down
Winson
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 am

To tell you guys the truth, I don't find Monster Hunter 4 trailer to be anywhere as awe-inspiring as the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd one.

And the fact that Capcom didn't even announce the release of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the West makes me skeptical on Capcom releasing Monster Hunter 4 to the West.

The only reason I can think of that Capcom would release Monster Hunter 4 and not Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the West would be that Monster Hunter 4 (as far as I know) has Medieval Europe setting while Monster Hunter Portable 3rd has an Asian setting, which would make Capcom racist.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 pm

@Winson wrote:
To tell you guys the truth, I don't find Monster Hunter 4 trailer to be anywhere as awe-inspiring as the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd one.

And the fact that Capcom didn't even announce the release of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the West makes me skeptical on Capcom releasing Monster Hunter 4 to the West.

The only reason I can think of that Capcom would release Monster Hunter 4 and not Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the West would be that Monster Hunter 4 (as far as I know) has Medieval Europe setting while Monster Hunter Portable 3rd has an Asian setting, which would make Capcom racist.
Well it was a concept trailer...
(MH4 trailer)
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:38 pm

@Winson wrote:

Racist? I don't think so, maybe Capcom just saw that many US and EU gamers imported the game and then they changed the language and ta da da dah, you got your US and EU game, that way Capcom didn't need to localize it, while they gain the money they are happy (all that IMFAO)
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

I thought the guy in the video was just running around like a pansy, showing off the camera capabilities, climbing and perhaps the falling ledge and tower-y type things thing.

I don't think it's changed dramatically...

Also, is it possible MH4 is a ported and spruced up MHP3rd?
I genuinely don't know.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 pm

@Kakos wrote:
The way the trailer looks to me, is as if the areas the hunter ran through were just that, areas of a level. So instead of a scripted event, like some people keep mentioning, it's more like zone 3 of the specific level you're at.

In all previous monster hunter games, the monsters don't actively pursue you into other areas. Sure they stumble into them but only if it's programmed in their AI to move to the next area. They don't see you running out of their area and chase after you.

But what if the monster did actively chase you across the entire level, not just stay in their designated area until it's time to turn on their flying/digging/walking AI to move to the next area. Which was always awkwardly unrealistic.

So say Capcom get's rid of the loading between areas, or even uses that jumping scene in lieu of the loading screen!

So you see a tigrex in area 2 of plains or desert or whatever, and it takes notice of you. You fight it for a bit and then realize you need to take a break and go potion and sharpen. But oh crap! It's chasing you! All over the map!

So instead of taking advantage of the monster being slow at turning around to heal. Or just jumping into the next area. You actually have to run across a bunch of plateaus and actually hide somewhere significant.

Sorry for the long winded script. I just thought the trailer was an interesting glimpse of some of the great changes capcom could institute to this monster hunter instead of just adding monsters and weapons. (Which of course are key)

blah, done.

The vast majority of monsters in MH are, to quote one of the NPCs in Loc Lac City, "more afraid of us than we are of them" which is why they don't automatically persue you. However they attack you first if they see you, which seems to be quite the inconsistency...
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Quote :
The vast majority of monsters in MH are, to quote one of the NPCs in Loc Lac City, "more afraid of us than we are of them" which is why they don't automatically persue you. However they attack you first if they see you, which seems to be quite the inconsistency...

But that's the thing - You're citing an in game explanation for the game's technical short comings.

That NPC you just quoted may have only been programmed to say that because it gave Capcom a cover for why the monsters are unable to pursue you to another area.

It's a technical short coming. It wasn't a bad thing. That's just the way the game was played.

I'm pretty sure Capcom wasn't sitting around in an idea meeting saying,

"Hey, why don't we work on making the area progressions more fluid. Maybe the monsters could chase you across the entire level if they got mad enough!"

"Nah... we already wrote an NPC to say monsters are too scared to do that..."

"Oh... bummer... I guess we'll move on then."

And in any sense we shouldn't be talking about my ideas like they're fact. It was just my perception of what the trailer could mean.
Back to top Go down
NinSage
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 pm

I have put over 500 hours on MHTri. So I know I am still probably considered a MH "n00b," but, MH4 looks soooooo good. I give Capcom a lot of credit for being brave and moving the game into new territory after so many years.

Still looks like Monster Hunter to me. 'Cept now it looks like the on screen action matches how the action plays out in my head a lot better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.NinTemple.com/
Florenz
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I think it's funny how people take forgone conclusions out of a 2minute concept trailer.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 pm

@Florenz wrote:
I think it's funny how people take forgone conclusions out of a 2minute concept trailer.

Right?

all I can say is to keep expectations low for right now, because you can be greatly dissapointed with the actual outcome.
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm just waiting till I see some gameplay. Until then I'm just thinking wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:45 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@Florenz wrote:

Right?

all I can say is to keep expectations low for right now, because you can be greatly dissapointed with the actual outcome.

Exactly .-.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:45 pm

As I said somewhere, it will (or may) happen as Metroid Prime (critiziced game, the game was great)
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 am

So start out good and the fans eventually getting upset that its going the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:07 pm

@Chahlz wrote:
So start out good and the fans eventually getting upset that its going the wrong way?
No, that the people say is a bad game, and the game at the end was great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Today at 10:27 am

Back to top Go down

Seriously..WHAT is this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: