Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Reasons behind move to 3ds? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Reasons behind move to 3ds? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reasons behind move to 3ds?

Go down 
+8
Ninjadragon109
Kakos
Chips
dcj91x
It's meh
Stormy Times
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Emeka
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Emeka
Aptonoth
Emeka

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Reasons behind move to 3ds? Empty
PostSubject: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Just wanted to know others ideas on this. I know little about Capcom when it comes to monster hunter, but are they doing this to save money? Because wasn't that the main reason Tri was switched to the Wii from being planned on Ps3?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm

I also wonder that, maybe becuase of the fans? I don't think to much of costs of development, they are alredy rich enough to place it everywhere, who knows...
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Trying to make people think that they don't have a dislike for Nintendo after all?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Stormy Times wrote:
Trying to make people think that they don't have a dislike for Nintendo after all?
Maybe, there are a lot of nintendo haters, but imo they didn't put a MH on DS because of the low graphic power and memory avaivable, now with 3DS they got what they want for a MH game (Vita doesn't have personality, it will fail in games probably imo)
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Stormy Times wrote:
Maybe, there are a lot of nintendo haters, but imo they didn't put a MH on DS because of the low graphic power and memory avaivable, now with 3DS they got what they want for a MH game (Vita doesn't have personality, it will fail in games probably imo)

Maybe it could be because of a nintendo deal?

:/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Why capcom is putting MH on the 3DS? One word..... $
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 pm

3DS = Extremely popular in Japan, and is doing great in US/EU in sales.

Monster Hunter = Monster Hunting is an occupation, not a game in Japan.

3DS+Monster Hunter for 3DS in Japan = lots and lots of $$$

Nintendo gets their 3DS boosted by the MH game.

MH game gets bought because a lot of people already own a 3DS.

Win-Win situation for both companies, no down sides. Also if you think people complaining to Capcom is a downside, it really isn't. Capcom can easily fix there standing to the mass by porting the game to a system if it's really drastic (which it never is, because although people complain, yet there are those that still purchase and play MH not caring for which system it is on).

If you say Capcom can make more money by putting it in different multiple consoles, than take it up with Capcom's marketing, but I'm going to assume that the production cost of a 3DS game, isn't that expensive since most of the cartridges are about 30-35$ on a normal rate.

Also, this is my speculation, no facts, just good old Chippy logic.
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

It would seem that the only reason for the PSP's existence in Japan was MH.

The DS is a phenomenon in Japan. More DS users, more people to play monster hunter.

So the PSP loses out.
Back to top Go down
Ninjadragon109
Kelbi
Ninjadragon109

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:52 pm

I was a little surprised when Capcom announced this game was coming out for the 3ds myself.

Maybe this is in the same sense as MH Tri being released on the Wii- an emerging market. Though I do not own (or care fore, quite frankly) the 3ds, I hear it has a lot of good things going for it.

What I was really caught off guard is why the released it for the 3ds when the PSP Vita is coming out so soon (UK Early November, US New Year's Day (uncomfirmed)) That was a real suprise to me. From Sony's trailer, the Vita is supposed to be a miracle machine.

Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Ninjadragon109 wrote:
I was a little surprised when Capcom announced this game was coming out for the 3ds myself.

Maybe this is in the same sense as MH Tri being released on the Wii- an emerging market. Though I do not own (or care fore, quite frankly) the 3ds, I hear it has a lot of good things going for it.

What I was really caught off guard is why the released it for the 3ds when the PSP Vita is coming out so soon (UK Early November, US New Year's Day (uncomfirmed)) That was a real suprise to me. From Sony's trailer, the Vita is supposed to be a miracle machine.

Sony is trying to make the Vita look like magic. Because they just hate the fact that Nintendo, exists.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
Ninjadragon109 wrote:

Sony is trying to make the Vita look like magic. Because they just hate the fact that Nintendo, exists.
Vita looks like is competing to Ipod and cellphones software rather than competing to a portable platform, the games aren't what people waited and they disable the possibility to use PSP games, too much for their "miracle machine"
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 am

Ninjadragon109 wrote:

Vita will only be out in Japan in December. Shortly after 3G is released. Sony said it will not be out in the west until February or march.
Back to top Go down
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:08 am

IMO PS Vita seemed like a complete wasted effort, a half-arsed console to try and answer the 3DS, yet they were too late to bring it out while the 3DS suffered from a low quality library of games
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:25 am

Sony could have taken the opportunity to win while the 3DS was expensive and didn't have games still, but they waited and look, MH on 3DS and a lot of games coming while for the Vita nothing has been said
Back to top Go down
chococake
Felyne
chococake

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Ah, another game to play in the comfort, cozyness of my bed without the hassle of cords is what I was looking for. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:52 am

They probably saw sense and went:

Oh look Nintendo helped us out with Tri and look what happened, everyone in EU bought it. Hmmmm maybe if we release on another Nintendo console the same thing will happen...
Back to top Go down
The Pumpkin King
Rhenoplos
The Pumpkin King

Thank you Points : -19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Chagrilled wrote:
They probably saw sense and went:

Oh look Nintendo helped us out with Tri and look what happened, everyone in EU bought it. Hmmmm maybe if we release on another Nintendo console the same thing will happen...

im going to laugh when users are complianing and then the series comes back to the almighty company of sony ....

even though i know its never going to happen /sad/ ._______. /sad/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons behind move to 3ds?   Reasons behind move to 3ds? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasons behind move to 3ds?
Page 1 of 1