Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Sony president confirms it Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Sony president confirms it Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sony president confirms it

Go down 
+5
It's meh
Chips
Godzilla2195
Kakos
dcj91x
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Sony president confirms it Empty
PostSubject: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:57 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/story.html?sid=6334983

So it appears Nintendo or Microsoft are your hopes for an MH fix for a while.

Mh3G and MH4 are in fact 3DS exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 am

Hmm.... I'm surprised, but I feel like I shouldn't be?

It seems weird to have MH part from sony, even if just in a few instances like Tri and now 4.

Nintendo is getting lucky. Monster Hunter was PSP's only reason for existence in Japan... Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:09 am

That is true. Over the last 2 years MH has been the main seller of the PSP and the sells of the psp have gone up when an mh title is popular. But then again games sell systems.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am

That's a bit surprising. I wonder why Capcom is moving MH to Nintendo, after all those years with Sony...

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:28 am

Why did square move final fantasy to Sony after all those years with nintendo?
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 am

If 100 people have a DS, and ten people have a PSP, it would only make sense that Capcom would want to make the game available to the most people.

I think the in Final Fantasy comparison that was made, hardware limitations on nintendo's side caused enix to push over to sony.

The first Final Fantasy game to be published by sony was FF7, which at the time was a big game.

Haha, imagine having 2 or 3 cartridges for FF7 on the N64.

In the case of MHF/MHP2, the DS wasn't a likely system to handle the game. It was bad enough that we had to use the 'claw' for the camera. Publishing on the DS would have been even trickier back then.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:44 am

dcj91x wrote:
Why did square move final fantasy to Sony after all those years with nintendo?

but Square did go back... they're diverse. They have games on Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony

I'd say Square's games is equally divided.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:01 am

Kakos wrote:
If 100 people have a DS, and ten people have a PSP, it would only make sense that Capcom would want to make the game available to the most people.

I think the in Final Fantasy comparison that was made, hardware limitations on nintendo's side caused enix to push over to sony.

The first Final Fantasy game to be published by sony was FF7, which at the time was a big game.

Haha, imagine having 2 or 3 cartridges for FF7 on the N64.

In the case of MHF/MHP2, the DS wasn't a likely system to handle the game. It was bad enough that we had to use the 'claw' for the camera. Publishing on the DS would have been even trickier back then.

You do realize that the DS and 3DS are two completely different systems? There has been nor ever will be a MH game on the DS.

Currently the 3DS has only starting picking up sales since the price drop in August. Since then the sells have gone up 260%.. with the announcement of 2 MH games i exspect for sales in Japan to go up even more.
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:33 am

Quote :

You do realize that the DS and 3DS are two completely different systems? There has been nor ever will be a MH game on the DS.

Forgive me for making such a silly mistake. *eye roll*

I've been referring to the DS as a game boy for years now. I'm old; I'm nearing my mid 20's! It will take me a few years to stop shortening 3DS to DS.

I'm just thankful I don't call DVD's tapes, and MP3's CD's...

So rather than making a 3DS to Vita comparison, I stepped back and made a DS/PSP comparison.

If Capcom can expect the 3DS to hit the same notoriety that it's predecessor had, especially with the help of MH as a title, it will reach a larger audience then their projected expectation of a market base with Vita.

[snarkyness] You do know the Vita and PSP are completely different systems, right dcj91x? [/snarkness]
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:45 am

Yes, yes, I've been told the Vita plays game disks just like the nintendo handhelds instead of UMD's....

Only in your 20's, you'r such a baby...

Any ways.. I actually call the 3DS a GB time to time.. especially when I rock out on the GameBoy Megaman that just hit the e-shop...

But back on track.

I am suprised that the Sony president did not make as many snide coments about the 3DS as he has done in the past. I hope this is a sign that Sony is actually accepting the fact that they are not the only game company in the world..
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 pm

dcj91x wrote:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://kotaku.com/5840898/japans-biggest-game-getting-a-big-change&sa=U&ei=XmVzTuX0KbHXiALot9yzAg&ved=0CCAQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNH8IxUrojfr0vf46MaZc0pQ734lLg

More talk about MH now on the 3DS...

Does the whole portable series stay on the psp though?

or will nintendo be getting them all?

What I mean is, will sony be getting Monster hunter portable 4, 5, 6, etc. while nintendo gets the other ones?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Nope from what is said no new mh of any kind for Sony at all. P3rd hd is it.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:06 am

So Vita is not competing against 3DS, that means most of the series that where on Vita (Persona, Monster Hunter, GTA etc) will probably move to 3DS (even more now that 3DS has the power to have 2 MHs (TLOZ Ocarina of Time also had TLOZOoT Master Quest, that means 2 OoT))
Back to top Go down
Phaaze
Popo
Phaaze

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
So Vita is not competing against 3DS, that means most of the series that where on Vita (Persona, Monster Hunter, GTA etc) will probably move to 3DS (even more now that 3DS has the power to have 2 MHs (TLOZ Ocarina of Time also had TLOZOoT Master Quest, that means 2 OoT))

If I recall correctly there is a new Shin Megami Tensei AND a new Persona game being worked on for the 3ds

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097918p1.html
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Phaaze wrote:

If I recall correctly there is a new Shin Megami Tensei AND a new Persona game being worked on for the 3ds

Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:07 am

Phaaze wrote:

*heart attack*
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:24 pm

It said that there was not CURRENTLY any talk about MH games coming up for a Playstation-type system. I don't see a "part from Monster Hunter" on there.
Back to top Go down
Yanguria
Kelbi
Yanguria

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 am

This is dumb...
Well,at least,i won't be too sad,that looks like Assasin Creed.
ITT Capcom is making bad moves,just rowing their ass,but,once again,lets remember that
monster hunter is known to be one of the biggest "Console buyout" games in history,heck
i bought a Wii just to play Tri.Also the MHF relase on the Xbox raised the sale of the little console in Japan,like,A LOT,so yeah there's that marketing thing behind since 3DS didn't sell much.At least that's how i think it is,i'f im wrong correct me /yes/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony president confirms it   Sony president confirms it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony president confirms it
Page 1 of 1