Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tempacc
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:47 am

Thats what I ask Unite when its starts complaining at me for dying to something. Given the situation I was in, what was I supposed to do.

- 9* village quest, Diablos+. Capable of an instant digging attack which first hits you with his horns as he goes underground, then the 'sand wind' stops you, and then he resurfaces. This takes off 80% of your health with most high rank armour. His roar can't be panic dived through, you'll still get halted, and if he does it twices, THIS STUNS YOU and he gets in a free hit. The range on his roar is massive too.

- 8* guild Land of the Tremors. Right, so I'm managing okay against the first Tigrex. Right, misjudged that and got halted by his roar. Now he rage-charges at me, no way to avoid it in time. As I get up he does it again. Zero chance of avoiding that. Stunned. Easy kill for Tigrex.

Back to top Go down
ThatMysteriousNinja
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 pm

That's Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for you.
Back to top Go down
Shadowsns
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:58 pm

is that the one horn diablos, since I know a normal one doesnt even hurt that much
Back to top Go down
tempacc
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:04 pm

@ThatMysteriousNinja wrote:
That's Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for you.

Yea, I bought this game with the knowledge that its a damn site harder than MHTri was, its just didn't think it was resort to pretty much cheating for hits/carts as much as it does. Getting killed by stuff you had no way to avoid isn't fun.

Still can't do Land of the Tremors...Might need a better GS but really don't want to waste all my Tigrex and Narga materials on Hidden Blaze as the second form is underwhelming...according to RotR Akantor Broadsword is better than Killer's Scythe which I'm having trouble believing...other options are Diablo Destroyer and Tigrex GS both of which are completely impossible to obtain

@Shadowsns wrote:
is that the one horn diablos, since I know a normal one doesnt even hurt that much

EDIT: And yes, that is the one horned "Demon King" 'Blos...
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:56 pm

There is a way to avoid this shit. Don't be in the wrong place.
For Blos to get you the way he did, you had to be beneath his belly, which is the worst place to be. Blos' weakpoint is his tail (or the stump, as the tail just falls off). So it is that you should attack from behind. For blos to then be able to attack you after digging, he has to turn around underground, giving your character the time needed to recover and be able to move again.
Back to top Go down
Shadowsns
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

If your good enough at making sure you avoid hits, use pellet s on his tail with a good pellet bowgun. From what I have heard, his health, attack, and defense is much higher than a high rank diablos, As for tigrexs, I just gs them. (For me at least, they love staying together alot)
Back to top Go down
tempacc
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

@Shadowsns wrote:
If your good enough at making sure you avoid hits, use pellet s on his tail with a good pellet bowgun. From what I have heard, his health, attack, and defense is much higher than a high rank diablos, As for tigrexs, I just gs them. (For me at least, they love staying together alot)

Not wise when roar + charge = death U_U but yeah its basically Diablos MKII without small print telling you that you should have G-Rank equipment before facing it...had wasted an hour on 2 seperate attempts without knowing its some souped up 'Blos designed for stamping on your balls U_U

And I managed to do Land of the Tremors. Eventually. Now time for the 8* required rollcall

Black Diablos......one pain in the arse after another

Black Gravios......gunlance or HBG or 50 minutes wasted

Gold Rathian......all that glitters truly is not gold

Silver Rathalos......I swear if he outlasts my flash bombs again I'm gonna break something

Pink Rathian + Azure Rathalos......Pink's fine but Azure's just Silver Los without the reduced KO tolerance or increased opportunites to flash bomb him

@1bighiccup wrote:
(or the stump, as the tail just falls off)

Yeahhh heh heh...you'd swear that the tail is just glued on with Tesco Value adhesive or something lol
Back to top Go down
ThatMysteriousNinja
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:21 pm

What type of weapon are you using for diablos? Longsword is easy mode. And make sure you're using a armor with HGE. Makes it much less difficult.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

What type of weapon are you using for diablos? Longsword is easy mode.

If longsword is easymode, what's a pellet shot bowgun?
Back to top Go down
Shadowsns
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Actually, with evade +2, dodging a diablos charge is quite easy.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:24 am

evade inc and pellet shot up rapes the blos family

as for tigrex just gs the damn thing. Gs is ez mode for tiggy

edit: Where were you anyways for tigrex? If you were close enough the roar should've blown you away not stun you O_O
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 am

@haruno wrote:

edit: Where were you anyways for tigrex? If you were close enough the roar should've blown you away not stun you O_O
^QFT.
Not often Haruno will get that from me xD
Back to top Go down
tempacc
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:54 am

What type of weapon are you using for diablos? Longsword is easy mode. And make sure you're using a armor with HGE. Makes it much less difficult.

I was using the Blango Decimator or w/e its called, and which armour gives HGE again, Garuga S or something?

@haruno wrote:

Not sure any HR armors give Evade Inc...I think Narga S does but not sure...And GS is the only thing I use on Tigrex (well I did use TDS once but quickly realised it wasn't doing any good)

As for getting halted by the roar...lets just say I should have known better =p
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 am

Narga S gives Evade Dist Inc and Constitution +2, fyi.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 am

Instead of clogging up the boards here I decided to use this thread ti ask my question because it seemed rather fitting. Anyways, I'm planning my Shen Gaoren Village Urgent and I have access to G-Rank monsters and I was just wondering what the optimum G-Rank derived Armor and weapon would be for it. I was planning on straight out melee for Shen since bows are rather unreliable in Unite as opposed to Portable 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 am

@Roon wrote:
Instead of clogging up the boards here I decided to use this thread ti ask my question because it seemed rather fitting. Anyways, I'm planning my Shen Gaoren Village Urgent and I have access to G-Rank monsters and I was just wondering what the optimum G-Rank derived Armor and weapon would be for it. I was planning on straight out melee for Shen since bows are rather unreliable in Unite as opposed to Portable 3rd.

You good with a hammer? If so....get as high as you can on the Gunhammer upgrade path...the thing just wrecks the hell out of Shen. As for armors....it's been awhile since I turned my PSP on and seen my setup so I honestly couldn't tell ya.

Also bows aren't unreliable...just they take getting used to (and that from what I've heard, p3rd is rather easy like Tri was so chances are they modified / upgraded mechanics to the Bow in p3rd).
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 am

The problem with bows is that they're waaaaay underpowered.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 am

well it's pretty much the sword and shield of ranged weapon, good luck getting killed with it but you really will have to sweat for your damage.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 am

@quidam wrote:
well it's pretty much the sword and shield of ranged weapon, good luck getting killed with it but you really will have to sweat for your damage.

SnS is damn good in Unite xD. Yama did Black Phalanges with one, I do Copper Blangonga's with one (I think we used the same one.)
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:59 pm

@Roon wrote:
Caen Z gemmed for pierce boost/reckless abandon+3/recoil down+2/heroics
Narga hbg

Have fun it is damn near impossible to get hit by shen with a ranged weapon
Pierce the shell till he dies easy win is easy
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 pm

@1bighiccup wrote:
@quidam wrote:

SnS is damn good in Unite xD. Yama did Black Phalanges with one, I do Copper Blangonga's with one (I think we used the same one.)
Yup. SnS is pretty good in Unite :3
It's just that alot of people will assume it's subpar due to have playing Tri first. It's not the best weapon in Unite but it's very useable.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:17 am

Okay, here's the dealio on my solo Shen run. I want to use the Longsword on it but I need to know what is a decent Fire or Dragon element Longsword that I can make. That and if anyone has an armor suggestion tailored for boosting my Longsword attacks and what I'll need to gem it up just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:53 pm

@Roon wrote:
Okay, here's the dealio on my solo Shen run. I want to use the Longsword on it but I need to know what is a decent Fire or Dragon element Longsword that I can make. That and if anyone has an armor suggestion tailored for boosting my Longsword attacks and what I'll need to gem it up just let me know.
Even though you have access to G rank equipment, blango armor works good on shen. Hell, anything with quake res does.
Also, you could just use a bow + heroics. ;)
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:30 am

@Yamatsu wrote:
Even though you have access to G rank equipment, blango armor works good on shen. Hell, anything with quake res does.

I don't know about the Heroics thing. I've never been good at avoiding damage from a monster and I can't foresee it going well if I'm down to bare minimum health.

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 am

@Roon wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:

I don't know about the Heroics thing. I've never been good at avoiding damage from a monster and I can't foresee it going well if I'm down to bare minimum health.

Oddly enough Roon, despite that we do have our differences on opinion (that's no secret) I usually do agree with you about the heroics thing...granted for me it's more that I'm of a reckless mindset and prefer to charge in with no regard for my safety lol. But Shen move so slow (especially if at the town and not the fort) and doesn't do much during the battle that you can go heroics and not get touched, he never focuses on a player, he only cares about the town so it IS possible for even you to heroics bow him up like a boss!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?   Today at 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Alright, so what do you expect me to do then?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next