Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Takara
Kelbi
Takara

Thank you Points : 0

Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Ok, so Ive finally reached the urgent quest "The Approaching Gaoren". Completing this will allow me into High Rank Quests (And Hr4 ;3).
Sadly, Im having trouble with it, and I need some help.
So, what is the best armour/weapon choice? Ive heard that Wyvern/Fire Long Swords are good, but im best with a Bow or a Hunting Horn.

Also, i can only solo it. My wifi card is damaged (as my Psp is second hand )Yes by vort so it needs to be repaired. I know I can solo it, its just easier in a group.

So, thanks in advance~
Back to top Go down
cheese

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Use the best hammer that you can use. There is no armor preference but it helps to use armors with quake resistance (like blango) to prevent Gaoren's stomp stun you out. Also you need to have armors with higher defense so that you don't get alot damage with his attack.

Hit his feet with the three hit attack and because it is a hammer, it will make Gaoren stagger and buy you time to repel him. You can also jump on his MOUTH before or after he does the acid attack (looks like a green/yellow fireball). Here you can carve up to three times or plant the anti-dragon bombs.
Back to top Go down
duuude

PostSubject: weapon wt shen   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:12 am

use your very best hunting horn an attack its legs if that doesnt work longsword will my first complete was with devil slicer
Back to top Go down
red bird

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 pm

hey... so havin trouble ? try getting a sandfall or sandfall plus. they rapid fire normal level 2 so bring some huskberrys and needleberrys to make some more! Shoot its legs with crags and clusts. hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Severith

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Use hammer (make one if you don't have. An Onslaught hammer would be enough, i think). Do triple pounds to its legs until it got tripped (since it's spammable :D), then go for the head. It shouldn't be too hard.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Cephalos
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:11 am

red bird wrote:
hey... so havin trouble ? try getting a sandfall or sandfall plus. they rapid fire normal level 2 so bring some huskberrys and needleberrys to make some more! Shoot its legs with crags and clusts. hope this helps.

Its better to use piercing and shoot his shell only
Back to top Go down
Jinn
Kelbi
Jinn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:38 pm

I got a few tips. Always attack his legs. And when you think just a few more hits will flinch him, wait just before he is about to attack the fortress, and attack and flinch him so the attack fails. Sometimes this method is often hard. But if you want to repel him and save the fortress, I suggest this method. One time I beat Goaren without any damage on the fortress with this method. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3   Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urgent: The Approaching Gaoren. Need Help/Tips ;3
Page 1 of 1