Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Dear Mr. Iwata  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Dear Mr. Iwata  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dear Mr. Iwata

Go down 
+14
MasterOnion
Samochan
Noodles
Win32error
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Daggers
Florenz
Oni Zelkami
Yamatsu
Will
Tyrian
1bighiccup
WinNerd
dcj91x
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Sir,

Let me begin by explaining that I am a supporter of Nintendo and really enjoy my 3DS. I am also a big fan of the Monster Hunter series as I am the Lead Admin of the Monster Hunter Forums for the MHWikia. As soon as Monster Hunter 3G was announced for the 3DS I became very excited and glad at the oppertunity this gave many of Nintendo's fans. After the great sucess I felt there was in Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii I felt that Monster Hunter 3G for the 3DS would be a wonderful game and a great gift to all Monster Hunter and Nintendo fans. However, I have recently become very dissapointed in several coments I have read of yours. Mainly refering to and article posted here: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16527

There are several things I am confused and saddened by. It is stated that you (Mr. Iwata) said that games like Monster Hunter 3G are designed to keep interest in games up for Japanese gamers in Highschool and College who lose interset in games, what about those of us who have been out of Highschool and College for many years and are not Japanese? Your research that is sited referes to the Nintendo Wii. Which is confusing as the Wii is not a handheld system and you and Nintendo has said many many times that the 3DS is a completely new system. So in what way does the "Wii" have any baring on the "3DS" and the decision to refuse the release of Monster Hunter 3G to the West for the Holiday season?

Also, Sir, you compare Mario and Monster Hunter. I do not understand how those games can be compared in any way. I enjoy and play both games all the time and get a different experiance from both but in no way see how one influences the decision to release or not release the other.

On the same note however it does not saticefy me that we get one and not the other. In fact it offends me. Though I do not believe it was your intention it seems to be insulting to just about the entire western gaming community that:

"...Please understand, however, that if anyone has the notion that the absence of Monster Hunter will create a less enthusiastic market condition in the overseas markets than in Japan, it is different from my belief."

It may not be your intention but in many ways that is exactly how it feels. The gaming market from nintendo does feel less enthusiastic. Not just due to the refusal of Monster Hunter 3G for the western market but with many other games as well. Monster Hunter 3G just seems to add to that.

I understand there is probably a lot more than what is stated in this article but unfortunately this is all the information you, Mr.Iwata, or anyone else has given us. So until we recieve more information what else are we suppose to understand.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Though I am sure no one of importance will ever read this I was a little offended after reading the article and felt I needed to write it. It also offended me that the EU had no voice of it's own and wasn't even considered.

Please be advised this post is not for hate of any kind and any posts made in hate will be edited out. only constructive, mature coments and critasism will be tolirated.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Send it to them.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 pm

He said WHAT...

I is disappoint. The graph shows that it goes low and STAYS low in the west. meaning they NEED dat game to at least boost the high bit for longer. Which suggests the MH would actually be more beneficial here...

Mr Iwata, u so craaaaaaazy :3
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: So if I'm looking at this correctly..   Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 pm

He's implying that Monster Hunter 3G is a game designed to boost 3DS sales in Japan alone, because teens don't like the wii, yes? Here I was, planning to buy a 3ds just for this game. Dear god this is a turn off. Guess that 160 dollars or so is going towards a PSP Vita and the Persona 4 Remake!!
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 pm

I guess i'm asking for a nice head set for my PS3 for christmas instead of getting a 3DS JUST for MH3G..... God this is the worst news EVER /sad/

Edit: If anyone of importance sees this I had 3 friends I know from school who were all going to buy a 3ds just so we could play this game together but now it appears we wont be. FYI that is quite a nice lump of cash for you

Last edited by Will on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Tyrian wrote:
He's implying that Monster Hunter 3G is a game designed to boost 3DS sales in Japan alone, because teens don't like the wii, yes? Here I was, planning to buy a 3ds just for this game. Dear god this is a turn off. Guess that 160 dollars or so is going towards a PSP Vita and the Persona 4 Remake!!

Please do not let this disscurage you. The 3DS is a great system. I just believe that Mr. Iwata needs Positive feedback from people here in the west to help him realise the yes,we do need and want game like Monster Hunter 3G and Nintendo needs to realise that in the west there are a lot of older games that play MH as well. so please show support for and a desire for this game. And a dissapointment in a lack in faith in the western gamer.

Please all be aware that this does not mean we will never get Monster Hunter 3G, it is just the reason we are not getting it this HOLIDAY...
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Suggestion accepted.
Also, I thought there were more older gamers that played this than there apparently are.
A year ago or so, most of my guild in some MMO from Nexon I played talked about for like one or two weeks. It's actually how I found out about the game.
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:48 pm

I still think you should email this to them, even if it's just through nintendo's contact thingy.

+1 chance of someone reading it.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Ah...
That hurt...

I really don't like the way most Japanese developers view the West. As hiccup said, MHTG would be there to help boost the sales and appeal more to the audience that they are slowly losing.
And judging from what was said by Mr Iwata, we COULD have had this game by late December. Anyone else see what I'm trying to say?

It's just a shame that Nintendo or Capcom won't take a look at how much potential this series has if released on a console lacking games for a certain audience at the time in which people will buy alot of games (but at the same time, we do not have a bottomless pit of money, thank you very much developers).

Anyways, it sucks, but they're the Big Bosses of the company, they won't listen to small complaints on this forum. They'll go ahead and do what THEY think will be the best business move. Not what will be best for the fans. And I doubt we can do much about it.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Any means of translating and sending it to someone official?
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Shin Zelkami wrote:
Any means of translating and sending it to someone official?
You could send it to Nintendo of America if no one could translate it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I liked what Yama and several others have said. I may take a bit. Clean it up, spell check and add other peoples comments and then post again before possibly sending forward. But I would like more constructive comments to send along first.

Also, did anyone else notice that it appears that the decision to release 3G in the west or not fully rest on Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:39 am

dcj91x wrote:
I liked what Yama and several others have said. I may take a bit. Clean it up, spell check and add other peoples comments and then post again before possibly sending forward. But I would like more constructive comments to send along first.

Also, did anyone else notice that it appears that the decision to release 3G in the west or not fully rest on Nintendo?
Yeah so far I have not heard any statements about a western release from Capcom while nintendo is trying to keep the game away from us. I understand why they would not want to release it seeing as Call Of Duty appears to have brainwashed the west into thinking there is nothing but FPS games, and to be honest, it has done just that but there are still DEFINITELY a lot of people who play the other genres of game and im sure this game would easily sell enough to make a profit but unfortunately it would appear they are jus examining percentages as apposed to the actual numbers.
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 am

This is very dissappointing. I do think not releasing 3G for the West this holiday does create a less enthusiastic market. How else? Alot of good games don't reach Western shores because companies think they won't get decent sales. I think to create a bigger market and raise sales, more games should be released... Why? If the Western fanbase of MH gets denied most recent games (P3rd, G, Frontier, 3G) this fanbase is going to turn it's back to the game and seek hail in games like Black Ops, because they are being released yearly and on a regular basis. This counts for other games then MH too, I think. Maybe this sounds like it doesn't make a lot of sense (which is fairly possible, I'm not studying economics or anything like that)...
This is just a very, very dissappointed fan....
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Im hurt... im not even gonna say alot but please just send this to them. videogame companies are acting so stupid nowadays. i want the game to be realeased everywhere even though i dont live in EU. If people everywhere want a game it shouldnt be limited to one part of the world even though its not as popular in certain areas.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm

This sucks...
With this, many companies may try to appeal the western market with games that are always the same... Im tired of War games being exactly the same, I hate sport games being exactly the same every year! I hate that MMOs are the same history of trolls and elves that everyone hates!
When I first tried MH, which was Tri, I saw the potential it has, Fanbase of MH is strong here and in Europe (that many US players doesnt mention EU). Tri really changed the way I saw the games. I was the same that only played the same crappy games that everyone else did. When I played Tri, not only MH series got interesting to me, but other series also, series I didnt payed attention before just because I thought that "those werent good games". Capcom has the potential to appeal on many players and create excellent games, games like Devil May Cry, Okami, Megaman are series that are excellent. I mention specially Okami thet being a great game, many players think is just a bad game.
Western players in general are only casual that only play FPS or Sports game not mattering that everyone of them its exactly the same as the one before to it.
And Mr. Iwata said at the beggining of this year that developers arent the same as before and of the gaming industry have been an important one, why would we stop doing great games. This goes specially to FPS and Sports that are always the same, will he also became one of those by not releasing this game on the western areas?
Just the idea of not bringing 3G to the west is akward, is stupid. Many peopla has been waiting for it. I made a thread of a 3DS MH which got many critics, and once it happens, people start waiting for it just to being said that it will not be released because of western players not using the Wii? In which way does a Wii compares to a 3DS? In no way. 3DS is a portable that has infinite capabilities, a fool arcana, over 9000. INFINITO. And its responsability of Nintendo to make the Wii to dont have the games or the look or other things that would call the attention of Adults or Teens! Then why most of the Fanbase of 3DS and other ones has to suffer this decition? If I were Iwata, I would make my fanbase happy and I wouldnt worry of the ones that dont play, instead, I would do my best to make happy everyone! At the end, I will try to become a game developer, but for now, as a fan, I must wait for other news.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 am

I would like to remind everyone that again this was Mr. Iwata's reasoning for no MH3G for the West this Holiday Season. There is still a good chance we will get 3G just seemingly not any time soon. Along with the recent announcement from Nintendo that they have delibertly delayed games however, it is not quite clear as to when that may be. So far only the "fall 2012" is any sign of hope but that is still a year away.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm

dcj91x wrote:
I would like to remind everyone that again this was Mr. Iwata's reasoning for no MH3G for the West this Holiday Season. There is still a good chance we will get 3G just seemingly not any time soon. Along with the recent announcement from Nintendo that they have delibertly delayed games however, it is not quite clear as to when that may be. So far only the "fall 2012" is any sign of hope but that is still a year away.
A year is composed of 365.65 days and many things happen in that tiem... The ETA of fall 2012 comes from an official Nintendo Magazine... Maybe they had this coldly planned to happen?
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:50 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
A year is composed of 365.65 days and many things happen in that tiem... The ETA of fall 2012 comes from an official Nintendo Magazine... Maybe they had this coldly planned to happen?

A Nintendo magazine that appeared to know NOTHING about games, and more specifically, about MH.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

1bighiccup wrote:
ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

A Nintendo magazine that appeared to know NOTHING about games, and more specifically, about MH.
Right... Maybe that Eta was, sadly, a lie. Or just a big confucion...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:29 pm

If it doesn't come AT ALL, monster hunter is RUINED FOREVER for me. I mean, the community tries everything to get it here, and they just say: meh, let's not.

Operation cherry blossom already failed, maybe make an operation apple tree?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Win32error wrote:
If it doesn't come AT ALL, monster hunter is RUINED FOREVER for me. I mean, the community tries everything to get it here, and they just say: meh, let's not.

Operation cherry blossom already failed, maybe make an operation apple tree?
Operation Cherry Blossom? You mean P3rd right?
Back to top Go down
Noodles
Cephalos
Noodles

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 am

I am sad to see his ignorance of western MH fans. Mr. Iwata, you should give this game special attention, MH is arguably on par or more popular in japan than Mario. You will be making a mistake if you do not release it to the west.

Hmm... post 100! Well, not really. Been here before...
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 am

For a tester game that sold half of it's 2 million copies in america and europe, monster hunter tri sure made an impact on the market and brought monster hunter onto a platform where a wide audience of people could find it and enjoy it. That Iwata does not want to release it's successor, which would undoubtedly make people buy 3DS just for that and boost the american and european sales a ton, is a huge mistake in my opinion. I mean, 2 million copies, 1 million in america and europe from a series relatively unknown here? Well it's not unknown here anymore, which is the reason why releasing 3G here and in US could considerably boost 3DS abysmal sales. Heck, I'd prolly get 3DS just to get this game, it would be my sole reason to get any console of my own and use whatever little savings I could get to buy it. >_>

Better make that release asap, since christmass sales are bound to get people buy lots of copies of 3DS and MH3G, especially if they came in a cool bundle pack they prolly release on asia. After that people have spent their money on whatever things and wont go into spending spree till summer. >_>

At least the release outside japan isn't cancelled altogether... but I'm gonna break something if suddenly we get the word that it won't be released here at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Mr. Iwata  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr. Iwata    Dear Mr. Iwata  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr. Iwata
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next