Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Capcom Considering Localisation Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Capcom Considering Localisation Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capcom Considering Localisation

Go down 
+4
dcj91x
It's meh
1bighiccup
Roik
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Capcom Considering Localisation Empty
PostSubject: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Capcom Considering Localisation Monster-Hunter-Tri-G-Logo2

Capcom has said in a recent Q&A they are “considering” launching Monster Hunter Tri G in other regions, but have not come to a final decision. While it certainly sounds like there’s a chance the game could see a world-wide release, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Source: Nintendo 3DS Blog
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:28 pm

The image in the second link has been extensively discussed as I have the magazine in question. We also have a thread for that: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t7276-mh3g-eu-release-fall-2012
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:54 pm

They better do it... /mad/ /mad/ /mad/ Rage by sipax Rage by sipax Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Capcom said, " Our stance for the overseas distribution of this title is the same as for the entire“Monster Hunter” series. We are selling the preceding title “Monster Hunter Tri” overseas so we will consider launching this title overseas, too. But no decision has been reached yet."

This and after the comments from nintendo I would take with a grain of salt. I am sure we will get it but who knows when. Nyself I found the other parts more interesting:

Capcom said, " First, we believe that using the Nintendo 3DS will allow us to offer new types of expressions, game play action and enjoyment for the “Monster Hunter” series, which has attracted a broader range of user segments. In addition, we selected this platform with the goal of reaching a diverse spectrum of customer segments, including current users of the “Monster Hunter” series as well as people who have portable game consoles."

Capcom is trying to reach users of portable game consoles......!!!!!!! Soooooooo does that mean Capcom did not consider the PSP portable or a game console? LOL!!!! Oh wait.... yep I was right the first time.. That is funny...

Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Maybe Capcom is trying to reach a greater audience with Tri G? Nintendo had always had more audience in the portable section. The DS was great, but it had poor graphics meaning that series that needed more powerful graphics would move to the PSP that was more powerful (Monster Hunter obviously, other examples are Persona, RIIDGEE RAAACEER, some FPS, etc) but Nintendo had greater audience. With the Tri they made sold more copies than they before. So with the 3DS power and Tri G, will they sell the double?
Who knows which are Capcom's reasons...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:55 am

With every passing week/day/hour/minute/second i get more and more afraid that there will not be a western release. If it's gonna be anounced, i'm guessing it won't be too long after the japanese release, else i just can't see it happening. When is it coming out in japan exactly? Pray before that day, so perhaps capcom will see the light...
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:50 am

Win32error wrote:
With every passing week/day/hour/minute/second i get more and more afraid that there will not be a western release. If it's gonna be anounced, i'm guessing it won't be too long after the japanese release, else i just can't see it happening. When is it coming out in japan exactly? Pray before that day, so perhaps capcom will see the light...

I was thinking that about Portable 2ndG. 9 MONTHS later, it got released here as Unite.

JP release is 10th December.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 pm

1bighiccup wrote:
Win32error wrote:

I was thinking that about Portable 2ndG. 9 MONTHS later, it got released here as Unite.

Don't forget the sharp pain in the bum it must have been to wait for Tri.
The PS3 trailer in what, 2008? It then gets released for Wii in 2009. In Japan. Cue long wait for English release in mid-2010.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm

1bighiccup wrote:
Win32error wrote:

I meant the announcement. That tri G, IF it's gonna be released over here, will probably be a year after the japanese release is what everyone expects. The point is, if they don't announce it soon...they're not going to.

Edit: Me and typing are like fire and oil. Throw a match on us, and we don't function normally.

Edit Edit: Oughta be WATER and oil. **** me.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Capcom is trying to reach users of portable game consoles......!!!!!!! Soooooooo does that mean Capcom did not consider the PSP portable or a game console? LOL!!!! Oh wait.... yep I was right the first time.. That is funny...

What? What the hell does this mean?
There's no point in creating ANOTHER MH game for the PSP since the Vita is going to be out soon. This time is the 3DS and the Vita's turn to get MH games, why would you want another on the PSP?
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm

@Win - I only knew of Unite the week before release

@Arakune - his point is that they appear to be forgetting that they have already reached portable console gamers, and by extension are saying the PSP is not one.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:38 pm

^ what hic said. It really struck me as odd the way they worded it. Though the PSP may not have sold as well outside Japan as it probably could have the MH games on it still sold well for the number of PSP's sold, especially in Japan, so the comment that was made seemed really out of place, odd and just funny. To me anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Considering Localisation   Capcom Considering Localisation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capcom Considering Localisation
Page 1 of 1