Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 5 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 5 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 am

just fought ala and lost. i rly need some help and advice.... anyone? /versad/
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 am

ROGER wrote:
Well, first off Ala is weakest to ice, so I would recommend getting Sabertooth(G) if you are a decent lancer. To go along with sabertooth I would say get Agnaktor+ armor. It has Guard+2(great for lances) Razor Sharp, (always useful) and flaming aura(which is meh). It also has a great amount of slots and fairly good defense.
Back to top Go down
Lord
Jaggi
Lord

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 am

Kuraikage wrote:
I have two questions.

What are the all the armor sets to avoid making or using? Reasons could be bad skills, not worth it, etc.

Other than the Jho GS, can I have the names of some really good GSes out there?

Well, for Blademasters, the Rathian+, Rathalos+, Gobul+, and the Alatreon armors are pretty much useless.

Anguish P (Jho GS) is the best one, but other good ones for end-game are High Sieglinde P and Diablos Hornsword.
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:11 pm

stayman_jacobi wrote:
ROGER wrote:
Well, first off Ala is weakest to ice, so I would recommend getting Sabertooth(G) if you are a decent lancer. To go along with sabertooth I would say get Agnaktor+ armor. It has Guard+2(great for lances) Razor Sharp, (always useful) and flaming aura(which is meh). It also has a great amount of slots and fairly good defense.

...time to farm agnak and bari then....
Back to top Go down
Sagramor
Felyne

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:16 pm

After a long break from MH3, I'm back for some more.

Currently HR 48 doing 5 star quests.

Working on upgrading my current hammers.

But here are my doubts, in order to get a High Vortex Hammer I need Wyvern Stones, and according to what I read so far you have a small chance of getting them in any (high rank) quest that involve a monster that dont have his own jewel(ruby/sapphire).

Having that in mind I started farming Barioth to get the Sabertooth(G) and possibly the Barioth+ armor

Question is: Does the Barioth Quests award Wyvern Stones?If not what would be the best way to get it?

Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Sagramor wrote:
After a long break from MH3, I'm back for some more.

Currently HR 48 doing 5 star quests.

Working on upgrading my current hammers.

But here are my doubts, in order to get a High Vortex Hammer I need Wyvern Stones, and according to what I read so far you have a small chance of getting them in any (high rank) quest that involve a monster that dont have his own jewel(ruby/sapphire).

Having that in mind I started farming Barioth to get the Sabertooth(G) and possibly the Barioth+ armor

Question is: Does the Barioth Quests award Wyvern Stones?If not what would be the best way to get it?

Barioth does award Wyvern stones. Quest rewards or a tail carve are the ways to get em.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:26 pm

stayman_jacobi wrote:
Sagramor wrote:
Barioth does award Wyvern stones. Quest rewards or a tail carve are the ways to get em.
Also make sure to capture it. From bari the only way to get it is from the tail cut and capturing. So capturing it essentially triples your chances over just cutting its tail.

Once you hit HR51 princess' pride gives the most wyvern stones. Before that you can do red hot party if it's up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Is it possible to bring along trap tools and nets/thunderbugs on quests to make traps so i can hav mor than 2 per quest??
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Is it possible to bring along trap tools and nets/thunderbugs on quests to make traps so i can hav mor than 2 per quest??

You can only put 2 trap tools in your inventory. So 1 of each trap and combines for up to 2 more. You can also trade stuff to veggie elder for an EZ trap or pick them up from cat shinys or supply box (start or subquest delivery).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:42 pm

navgoose wrote:
metalman123 wrote:

You can only put 2 trap tools in your inventory. So 1 of each trap and combines for up to 2 more. You can also trade stuff to veggie elder for an EZ trap or pick them up from cat shinys or supply box (start or subquest delivery).
Thats awesome. Is it the same with barrel bombs?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

metalman123 wrote:
navgoose wrote:
metalman123 wrote:

Thats awesome. Is it the same with barrel bombs?

You make barrel bombs by combining Large Barrels and gunpowder for a large barrel bomb, or a fire herb with a small barrel for a small barrel bomb.
Back to top Go down
Kuraikage
Rhenoplos
Kuraikage

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:23 am

Lord wrote:
Kuraikage wrote:
I have two questions.

What are the all the armor sets to avoid making or using? Reasons could be bad skills, not worth it, etc.

Other than the Jho GS, can I have the names of some really good GSes out there?

Well, for Blademasters, the Rathian+, Rathalos+, Gobul+, and the Alatreon armors are pretty much useless.

Anguish P (Jho GS) is the best one, but other good ones for end-game are High Sieglinde P and Diablos Hornsword.

Gobul+ Armor set worthless, really? I thought it was actually useful considering the rarther handy skills. I think the Damascus set would of been useless due to the clump of odd skills and the Jhen+ mats. Shame because it does look good.

New question, is Rangers/Archers sets any good?
Back to top Go down
Step
Gore Magala
Step

Thank you Points : 68

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am

Kuraikage wrote:
Gobul+ Armor set worthless, really? I thought it was actually useful considering the rarther handy skills. I think the Damascus set would of been useless due to the clump of odd skills and the Jhen+ mats. Shame because it does look good.

I disagree about it Gobul+ being a worthless set. Sure it's not a great damage dealer but I think it's great for HR 31 - HR 40. And it has my favourite skill, Speed Eating + 2 :3.
Back to top Go down
http://supersteph54.newgrounds.com
Kuraikage
Rhenoplos
Kuraikage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 am

Step wrote:

I disagree about it Gobul+ being a worthless set. Sure it's not a great damage dealer but I think it's great for HR 31 - HR 40. And it has my favourite skill, Speed Eating + 2 :3.
That. I find it funny to drink or eat on a faster frame. Not like speed sharpener.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:07 am

On gobul armour: It's a pain to get lantern+'s, and when you get em, you'll wanna use them in some para weapons. Besides that, most people prefer jaggi+ with AUL or OF pecco with eva+2. Also, in hr 31-40, i use rheno+, also got speed eating+2, but with wind res high, mud res, and gemming for crit eye+3.

Edit: On guild/ranger armour. Those armours have specific skills for getting more monster stuff, so yeah they're good. Also useful is guild+, you can get it from hr 31 on.
Back to top Go down
Kuraikage
Rhenoplos
Kuraikage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:24 am

Win32error wrote:
On gobul armour: It's a pain to get lantern+'s, and when you get em, you'll wanna use them in some para weapons. Besides that, most people prefer jaggi+ with AUL or OF pecco with eva+2. Also, in hr 31-40, i use rheno+, also got speed eating+2, but with wind res high, mud res, and gemming for crit eye+3.

Edit: On guild/ranger armour. Those armours have specific skills for getting more monster stuff, so yeah they're good. Also useful is guild+, you can get it from hr 31 on.
I see then. But you can't say Gobul Armor must be avoided, I mean its not rathian armor! Yet another question, wouldn't Gobul armor for gunners be good, because people talk about how Crit Eye is better than AuX when it comes to gunners?
Back to top Go down
Jg
Bnahabra
Jg

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code: 182226099037
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:01 am

Gobul + gunner arent bad, since you can use the blademaster helm you can get more armor and speed eating is nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Lord
Jaggi
Lord

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:29 am

Kuraikage wrote:
Win32error wrote:

I see then. But you can't say Gobul Armor must be avoided, I mean its not rathian armor! Yet another question, wouldn't Gobul armor for gunners be good, because people talk about how Crit Eye is better than AuX when it comes to gunners?

The point is, Gobul+ armor isn't worth the effort it takes to craft it.
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 pm

not that it matters but um.... i just saw that the question hotline has been cut (and locked).... why???
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Lord wrote:
Kuraikage wrote:
Win32error wrote:

The point is, Gobul+ armor isn't worth the effort it takes to craft it.

its not that gobul+ is bad... its just that it takes quite some rare stuff farming
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Is the Barrage Earring really worth on the Gaan+ set. Considering that you gem back in the lost skills (Recoil+2 and Bombadier in particular), you have less flexibility on the other skills you want (speed set-up, evasion, etc)...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm

REALLY depends on the set. If you're using full gaan+, then it's probably for status gunning? In that case, the barrage earring does greatly increase the rate at which you can get statuses off (2 or 3 instead of 1 or 2 is a BIG deal).

Besides that, i dunno what you would be using gaan+ for. Cept clusting, but then you'd need the barrage earring very much.
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Win32error wrote:
REALLY depends on the set. If you're using full gaan+, then it's probably for status gunning? In that case, the barrage earring does greatly increase the rate at which you can get statuses off (2 or 3 instead of 1 or 2 is a BIG deal).

Besides that, i dunno what you would be using gaan+ for. Cept clusting, but then you'd need the barrage earring very much.

I have not yet invested myself into clust gunning, so far, I have sets for pierce and status (SB).

For the status gunning, I used full gaan+, which has, after gemming: Recoil+2, Bombardier, Def Up S, Trapmaster, Evasion+1, Combination Pro. My gun is the Blizzard Cannon / Jhen Cannon / Chaos Wing, which naturally can fire 2 and 5 shots of Sleep lvl1 and lvl2, respectively, and 2 shots of Para lvl2. Yeah, I love the idea of plus one to all those, but on the expense of losing some of the skills above XD
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Maika wrote:
Win32error wrote:

I have not yet invested myself into clust gunning, so far, I have sets for pierce and status (SB).

For the status gunning, I used full gaan+, which has, after gemming: Recoil+2, Bombardier, Def Up S, Trapmaster, Evasion+1, Combination Pro. My gun is the Blizzard Cannon / Jhen Cannon / Chaos Wing, which naturally can fire 2 and 5 shots of Sleep lvl1 and lvl2, respectively, and 2 shots of Para lvl2. Yeah, I love the idea of plus one to all those, but on the expense of losing some of the skills above XD

IIRC, combo pro makes you combine max amount right? I don't think there's any status shots that benefit from that. Def up is laughably worthless for high rank gunning, especially s, so skip gemming that back. Trapmaster and evade would be nice to keep, but i'd skip the evade. Not like you should be using it much, you can always tank a single blow, and you oughta not get hit much (cept on barioth maybe). Also, you're status gunning, if there's also a hammer, there shouldn't be very much monster movement at all. About recoil, could you fire lvl 2 status with recoild down+1 only, with that gun?

^^This is how I do it. But that's just me. Sapphire had an interesting set using gigginox+ as base, not using recoil down at all, apparently used a good BG for that, might wanna ask her. There's quite a few ways to go about gunning after all.
Back to top Go down
Sagramor
Felyne

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 am

So I'm currently HR 50, the only thing keeping me from taking Alatreon is the Diablos Quest(hate the guy =/).

But already on Ala topic:

I really have no idea what equipment should I use to fight it:

My current (best weapons) are: Iron Impact, Huracan Hammer(P), Fang Hammer "Ruin" and the Sabertooth(G).

As for armors the only ones I overforged are Lagi and Rathian, and I got the mats to overforge Rathalos too.

Not to mention my Great Jaggi+.

So what choose I pick from my current options? Or there's anything specifc I should try getting for Ala?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 5 of 44Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next